JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Post a picture... Any picture

Friendly cows like in the commercial - "friendly cows make friendly milk" LOL

I too like seeing where everyone lives.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

Cool to see where people live!

I have to say, I love the seasons and would not enjoy a hot climate or flat barren landscape so I wouldn't thrive in Las Vegas.

I think we live in similar climate, Nance, I love the pictures of your autumn country roads and cows. I live in the city but right at the rural boundaries, so we can drive to see cows, etc in a few minutes and have a local farmer's market which is nice. Yet, I don't have to work country territory with dogs!

Have always wanted to see / visit Ireland and Scotland (family ancestry) so it was nice to see pictures, Helen and Annie.

oh and Nance, I do think your son looks like you! Handsome guys!

145577=8001-04. Gavoi.JPG Well' date=' this is where I live. Right at the edge of the village, over towards the left of the photo.[/quote']Hi Lynnlynn, this is beautiful. Are there any streets and cars?

Proverbs 27:11- Be wise, my son, and make my heart rejoice, So that I can make a reply to him that taunts me.

Sorry it's taken me so long to reply, Chris. Yes, we love living here! The scenery is magnificent - everywhere we go. Yesterday as we drove around the lake to go to the meeting we wished we could stop to take photos - it was a mirror! Breathtakingly beautiful! We drive for miles and miles around winding mountain roads when we're out in field service, but Jehovah's creation transmits a sense of peace to us. Although we have to drive long distances between villages I much prefer mountain bends to congested traffic!! In the whole of our congregation's territory there's not even one traffic-light!

We breathe almost pollution-free air, drink spring-water from the numerous springs found along the roadside, and eat a lot of home grown vegetables, meat and cheese. There's no light-pollution so at night we can look up to the black velvet and marvel at the beauty of thousands of bright, twinkling stars. We thrill at the flocks of birds we can watch and delight to listen to their songs. We encounter all sorts of wildlife as we're driving - like the wild pig crossing the road followed by her brood of piglets! When we first moved here I often said, "Living here makes the New System seem so much more real!"

There's very little crime. I'm not afraid to go out on my own at night. Although alcohol abuse is a big social problem here.

The people, overall, are exceptionally friendly. Hospitality is part of the tradition in this part of Sardinia - the Barbagia. When we go from house to house we're often invited inside and offered some sort of refreshment. The people listen politely and it's easy to place literature. It's also fairly easy to start Bible studies. But... it's not so easy to have a student actually make progress!

The people are very attached to their traditions and in small villages of 1000, 2000 or 3000 people everyone knows everyone else and fear of man is a huge obstacle. But at least we can talk about the truth, open the Bible and read from it, start studies and teach people - and occasionally find a deserving one!

Use your ears to gain understanding and your tongue to heal. -w13 5/15 p. 22

Linda what a beautiful coast. are You into snorkling. That would be an awesome place to checkout.

I was reading your post no traffic. we were driving in Qld. The drivers around Brisbane.

A truck almost caused us to have an accident.

Bob cool T.

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

Hi Gabe! On the subject of snorkeling I once had an interesting experience. When I lived in Sicily I studied the Bible for a while with a Russian scientist and his daughter. They lived on a yacht which he had constructed. After we moved to Sardinia, one day they came to visit us. We met them at Arbatax, on the coast, they loaded us onto their yacht and then we headed off to a small island. When we had nearly reached it, they cast the anchor... and handed me a mask and a snorkel!! I asked, "Is that the way we're going to reach the island?!" What a wonderful, amazing, indescribable experience! (once I stopped hyperventilating!) And since the scientist was a marine biologist he pointed out and explained so many things to me. (I'm writing in the singular because my poor husband can't swim. So he stayed on board and kept the cat company!!) One thing that's on my "to do" list for the New System is to explore the magnificent underwater world that Jehovah has created! Here are a few photos of Arbatax.

147597=8126-Arbatax.jpg

147597=8127-Arbatax1.jpg

147597=8128-Arbatax 2.jpg

Use your ears to gain understanding and your tongue to heal. -w13 5/15 p. 22