JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Teacher Suspended with No Pay

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3831 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Her lack of sensitivity should send her looking for a new line of work. Why would any school district employee a bully as a teacher? Maybe they should send her to visit the Holocaust Museum so she can learn a thing or two about Jehovah's Witnesses. While she's in Washington DC maybe she could learn something about America and the freedom she thinks she loves so much. Just my random thoughts. (I self edited what I would do if I was the boys father...very proud of my self control!)

I had a teacher in 4th grade who came up to me and said "I know you don't celebrate birthdays but I just have to say anyway, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" I was no uncomfortable and went home and told my parents. The next day they set up a meeting with her and the principal, and my father was a couple of minutes late dug to traffic. He is not a very intimidating man, pretty mild mannered and only 5'6" (short for a man) but he misjudged the weight of the door so when he opened the door to the conference room it slammed open really loud. Everyone got very very quiet and the teachers eyes were as big as saucers. The teacher ended up apologizing to them and then later to me and we never had anymore issues.

Whether the teacher's reaction to force the student to solute had to do with her dislike toward JWs’ refusal to pledge alliance or other political reasons was not clearly discussed in detail.  That stated, there are many news reports asserting what the President has created much consternation and division among Americans when he said: 'There are a lot of people in the world to whom the American flag is a symbol of oppression. And the anthem itself conveys a war-like message.”  These articles also claim that the President has brought an unprecedented divisiveness among Americans who highly consider themselves patriots and those who do not appreciate Americanism. With this is mind, who really knows the real reason for her behavior to force the JW student to salute the flag. 

As the article states: “The following day she allegedly forced him again to take the Pledge, telling the classroom that "if you can't put your hand on your heart, then you need to move out of the country ."  This makes me think her reaction was affected by her political position rather than one against the JW student. Either way, the teacher’s behavior was wrong.

It looks like you were "scooped" already  :wave:

Interesting story. We won that battle at the Supreme Court already, eh?

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

This:

"I was talking about pledging allegiance to our country," Daigle-McDonald told a district official. "And if you don't want to pledge to our country, you should go to your home country."

sounds a lot like this:

*** w04 12/1 p. 25 Trusting in Jehovah’s Loving Care ***
On January 30, 1933, Adolf Hitler became chancellor of Germany. From about two blocks away, we watched as the Nazis triumphantly raised the swastika flag over city hall. At school our enthusiastic teacher taught us to say the greeting “Heil Hitler!” That afternoon I told Father about it. He became troubled. “I don’t like it,” he said. “‘Heil’ means salvation. If we were to say ‘Heil Hitler,’ it would mean that we are ascribing salvation to him instead of to Jehovah. I don’t think it’s right, but you decide for yourself what you should do.”
My schoolmates began to treat me like an outcast because I decided not to give the Hitler salute. Some boys even beat me when the teachers were not looking. Eventually, they left me alone, but even my friends told me that their fathers had forbidden them to play with me. I was too dangerous.

These people don't realize that compulsory flag salute was what all those brave American soldiers fought and died to prevent in WWII.  These people should be ashamed.  They should feel as if they are spitting on the graves of every Allied soldier that fought to protect and defend the freedoms of the United States and the Constitution.  

(Makes me sound patriotic, doesn't it?  Yet this is simply what everyone said about all those brave soldiers that fought and died to defend the US against Nazi Germany.)

Was the teacher able to force the boy to say the Pledge? Either way, it shows why it's good to explain to the young ones why we don't salute and what the people are actually doing and saying when they do. I have worked as an aide in schools and you can see the Witness children who have been well trained and understand what they are doing or not doing.

• 2 weeks later...

When I went to school in the late 40's and 50's it was very hard because of the flag salute, but it is going to get much worse, I'm afraid, and we need to fortify our children with the knowledge to get through the hard times yet to come.

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

At my place of employment there was a supervisor text to kiss you with the Bible TV with offended buy it even being company property one time around Christmas time he was very loud and abusive and the way that he spoke to the brothers they were calm they did not respond in kind they were good with this but it shows that the attitude is there no one else stepped up to help the brothers they were on the wrong but they stood firm and I'm proud to be able to have been among them but it does show that kind of for confusion we speak with top

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk