JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Cyclone Cleopatra hits Sardinia

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3793 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Am worried too.  Hope she's all right, and the friends in that area.  Saw pictures from RAI TV Italia, and they look really bad.  The news from Italy said 18 now are counted as deceased, including children.  A chunk of road on a bridge washed out.  I pray that our sister and all in that area are okay.   Keep us posted.

Sorry friends! I've spent all day answering the phone as brothers and sisters from all over Italy and as far away as Australia have been ringing!! So much loving concern!

The situation is this: Carmelo and I, as well as all the brothers and sisters in our congregation, live up in the mountains. We awoke yesterday to torrential rain and continual thunder and lightning! This continued all day, until we went to bed. Personally, I wasn't aware of the wind because our village is rather sheltered by the surrounding mountains. The result of all of this was... that we just stayed at home, studying and doing other things to keep ourselves busy.

In the afternoon, I conducted an English lesson with my circuit overseer and his wife via Skype. They were down south, towards Cagliari. They, too, said that they had torrential rain, with hail at one stage. Remarkably, our power didn't go off! But we lost count of the number of times our Skype connection dropped!!

The scenario was completely different for our brothers in the coastal areas up north. They had major flooding with damage to a number of their homes. Even bridges in the area collapsed! Very sadly, at Olbia, an 83-year-old sister lost her life. She was bed-ridden and on oxygen. Her 20-year-old carer panicked, didn't know how to help her, and just fled. The house was flooded. I've heard two versions - one that she drowned, the other that she died of a heart-attack from fright. In any case, the next thing she'll know will be that she's no longer bed-ridden or in need of oxygen! She'll be in most beautiful surroundings and will feel better than she's ever felt in her life! She'll probably think she's dreaming!

I was told that brothers from Siniscola, themselves hit by the cyclone, had gone to Olbia to assist our brothers there.

I hope that's reassuring for everyone. I'll keep you updated as I learn more.

Thank you so much for your love and prayers! How precious you all are! :wub:  It's obvious who our Father is! :D

Edit: Just remembered a couple of things from the national news. We had 6 months of rain dumped on us in just 2 hours! Also, it's extremely unusual to have a cyclone in the Mediterranean!

The brothers whose homes were flooded are staying with others whose homes escaped the flooding.

Edited by LindaL.

Use your ears to gain understanding and your tongue to heal. -w13 5/15 p. 22

Linda, Sono così felice Tutti noi ti amo, e tanti altri, questo è ciò che rende l'organizzazione di Geova la vera religione! Di sentire che tu, e molti degli amici sono ok!   Si prega di perdonare il mio "google" italiana!

Con molto affetto

Lisa

And here is the Google English:

I'm so happy We all love you, and many others, this is what makes the organization of Jehovah the true religion! To hear that you, and many of the friends are ok! Please forgive my "google" Italian!

With much affection

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

• 3 weeks later...