JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Draw Close scriptures from REVISED Bible

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3756 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

No. If you check the jw.org site and go to Publication and then search for Draw close to Jehovah, you will find both the large print and the regular print. But the regularpring of it was reprinted in 2012 with the NWT-with references and not with the 2013 revised Bible. Unless before when will start using it by Jan 6, 2013, maybe the FDS would then revised it with the new 2013 NWT revised.

But for now i think one can use the one online by downloading it or wait till the next consignment that may come with it that is the one printed in 2012 with the NWT with references.

Thank you.

Bro. Peter- Nigeria.

Here's one I threw together based on the one from the Files Library. The spacing is not as tight as the original, the cited scriptures aren't in bold and the verse numbers aren't in superscript, but I'm sure once the 2013 WTLibrary comes out someone could make one that looks better. I didn't proofread it too much so let me know if there any mistakes. 

{{ Edited to included updates mentioned in post #18 of this topic below - Bob }}

http://jwtalk.net/forums/files/file/440-/

Edited by Dismal_Bliss

Updated file.

Here's one I threw together based on the one from the Files Library. The spacing is not as tight as the original, the cited scriptures aren't in bold and the verse numbers aren't in superscript, but I'm sure once the 2013 WTLibrary comes out someone could make one that looks better. I didn't proofread it too much so let me know if there any mistakes. 

Thanks much!

I made one up too. I have it in Word. However because I wanted to save paper I omitted some of the scriptures that were the entire chapter of a book, or one that was really long. We would be looking these up, or excerpts of them, anyway. I have it in 8 1/2 x 11, landscape, cut in half, double sided pages and bound at the top and I think it was around 150 some-odd pages long. I took mine to Staples to copy and bind, it was $22.00. It's just the right size, I'm adding a pocket to the front cover to hold my book.

I can send if you'd like.

post-1083-0-77074800-1387503210.jpg

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

This is perfect thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!

Meekspace has a PDF version with linked scriptures, but it is to the older NWT.

Chuck, the CBS FROM THE WEEKLY STUDY MATERIAL from meekspace has revised Bible now for the brochure..I am thinking the CBS scriptures for the Draw Close book may be also?

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

It took 1 year and 2 months to study this publication the last time we went through it.  Since the CBS is now only 30 minutes, I suspect it will take 2 years and 4 months to go through it this time.

Maybe it will take us into the New World .  .  .  This one or  Keep Yourselves In God's Love  would be so appropriate

Alecia (alecia2902) pointed out that in my file chapter 27 seems to have a lot of the same scriptures as chapter 26. In fact they're all the same! It turns out the PDF I based mine off of has the same flaw. I've updated the file and uploaded it to the Files Library. I also added in some bookmarks for easy chapter-to-chapter navigation. 

The updates are in chapter one, and can be downloaded from 31 December on jw.org according to the letter read out at the Watchtower meeting today.   No new updated books will be printed, the 2013 updated version is online only.  Nothing was mentioned about scriptures and I haven't checked them myself yet. 

Edited by Sheila

It took 1 year and 2 months to study this publication the last time we went through it. Since the CBS is now only 30 minutes, I suspect it will take 2 years and 4 months to go through it this time.

The schedule may be different though... (with a faster pace ;))

I wonder if anyone knows about it already...

Edited by jayrtom

• 2 weeks later...

{{ Edited to included updates mentioned in post #18 of this topic below - Bob }}

I created a new file for the scriptures for Draw Close to Jehovah from the REVISED NWT. It is based on Trey's version, except I added all scriptures from footnotes and review boxes. I uploaded it to the Files Library, or you can just click on the link below:

http://jwtalk.net/forums/files/download/445-draw-close-scriptures-revised-nwtdoc-draw-close-scriptures-revised-nwtpdf/

I created a new file for the scriptures for Draw Close to Jehovah from the REVISED NWT. It is based on Trey's version, except I added all scriptures from footnotes and review boxes. I uploaded it to the Files Library, or you can just click on the link below:

http://jwtalk.net/forums/files/download/445-draw-close-scriptures-revised-nwtdoc-draw-close-scriptures-revised-nwtpdf/

Very nicely done Ray! Thank you!