JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Neanderthals could speak like us!

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3760 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

According to this news report, Neanderthals could speak like modern humans!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-25465102

I wonder if they said:

You ooh ooh, I wanna be like you ooh ooh,

Walk like you

Talk like you.......

I believe many think that Neanderthals were apes. Even some friends think so too. Yet, Neatherthals were humans. People in the world got things screw up. What a bunch of idiots

Edited by dustparticle

Archaeological evidence shows that Neanderthals buried their dead, looked after the sick, made tools, made musical instruments and sounded like us. They are often shown as short squat individuals with very muscular limbs, this is true, but interestingly their appearance is not outside the limits of modern day humans.

Their DNA does show a small difference to modern-day humans, but the effect of only 8 individuals (4 family lines ) surviving the flood could of truncated the available gene pool? I don't know! Just an idea.

It's seems every time I read an article about Neanderthals they are proven to be more and more like modern humans, a far cry from the monkey men that are portrayed in school textbooks when I was at school.

Science is always changing its mind and disagreeing with itself, the bible has remained constant, only now science is reluctantly starting to catch up with the fact that neanderthals are just humans just like biblical early history tells us.

• 3 weeks later...

World Book Encyclopaedia 1966 vol15 p.762" At first scientist thought that Neanderthal Man was squat, stooping, brutish, somewhat apelike creature. But later research showed that the bodies of Neanderthal men and women were completely human, fully erect and very muscular. their brains were as large as those of modern man."

Yet when depicting the Neanderthal in an illustration, in the same encyclopaedia, they showed him as squat stooping and apelike - depicting a modelled scene of Neanderthal that people could visit at the Chicago Natural History Museum! (case of right hand not knowing what left is doing - between writers and illustrators).

If any Neanderthal skeleton studied did have a bent gait, it was because the particular bones of that skeleton showed signs of damage due to arthritis (Harper's Magazine Dec 1962)

All above information got from our old book "Did Man get here by Evolution or by Creation?" 

According to this news report, Neanderthals could speak like modern humans!

http://www.bbc.co.uk...onment-25465102

I wonder if they said:

You ooh ooh, I wanna be like you ooh ooh,
Walk like you
Talk like you.......

I saw two of them on the Royal Variety Performance TV show the other day - they walked the same, ooh oohed the same, but one kissing the others cheek was a bit confusing, for me anyway.  LOL

In the 1950s, Smithsonian anthropologist Ralph Solecki, a team from Columbia University and Kurdish workers unearthed the fossilized bones of eight adult and two infant Neanderthal skeletons—...at a site known as the Shanidar cave, in the Kurdistan area of northern Iraq. The discovery changed our understanding of Neanderthals.

“It seems logical to us today that pretty things like flowers should be placed with the cherished dead, but to find flowers in a Neanderthal burial that took place about 60,000 years ago is another matter.” Skeletons showed evidence of injuries tended and healed—indications that the sick and wounded had been cared for. Solecki’s attitude toward them was encapsulated in the title of his 1971 book, Shanidar - the First Flower People.

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/arts-culture/The-Skeletons-of-Shanidar-Cave.html

I think it'll be funny if they come back in the ressurection and we tell them what people in  the 20th century were saying about them...  They'll probably be pretty insulted especially if we show them 21st century headlines of mindless violence, sexual abuse, cannibalism (yes, it happens) and the wholesale destruction of the environment and then explain we thought that THEY were the savages...