JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

China experience...WOW

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2933 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Yes, just 3 days after it was posted (which is over 6 months ago) we discovered that and edited the post.

While 6 moths ago we were disappointed. I think we are all over that now.

But thanks for posting.

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

• 1 year later...

Right - update on this ... if you go to the newsroom on jw.org and listen to the news piece on Russia and their antics - it says in there quite clearly the ONLY country to ban jw.org is Russia. Does that mean it's the result of this story? That is still unclear.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

This story is a fake, so none of the recent events are a result of this false story.

As for our status in China, we are not "banned". The government does impose some restrictions, but the religion itself has not been officially titled as "banned" for many years.

Yes not intendng to revive opinions on whether the story is true or untrue just that its not banned in China whichis the important thing.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

Testresults for jw.org

Beijing OK
Shenzhen OK
Inner Mongolia OK
Heilongjiang Province timeout
Yunnan Province OK
All servers were able to reach your site. This means that your site should be accessible from within mainland China.

I just went on line to this site, and I put in JW.ORG and I got all green OK's, and one still processing, showing the provinces in China (supposedly) where JW.ORG can be accessed.  Does this make any sense?

Edited by allabord4jah

From the brothers serving in China that i've talked to in person, they say that only on a rare occasion will access to jw.org not be accessible and only for short periods of time. Using a smart phone and jw.org is the main way public witnessing is done according to them.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25