JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

China experience...WOW

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2931 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

read what the email actually says:

"BUT, they said, they would lift the ban on JW.org."

so hopefully they keep their word!

We want to be careful about posting unverified emails or circulating them as fact.  This may be true, hopefully is true, but we don't know the veracity of this right now.

We want to be careful about posting unverified emails or circulating them as fact.  This may be true, hopefully is true, but we don't know the veracity of this right now.

we received this from a sister in Australia we know well,

also from a well known reliable brother in California,

as well from a CO serving in New York.

None of them are known for sending hoaxes, but we still are trying to check it out.

So happy to hear this!  My son (who is not interested but respectful of my beliefs) lives in Shenzhen, China with his wife Jane and my two baby granddaughters!  I will be in contact via Skype to visit with them.  She attended a meeting with me when they were visiting Aug 2012.  I had a talk the night she visited.  Guess what my talk was about?  The setting was about a sister who was crying to me about her two very young nieces who would be returning to a country where the witnessing work was under ban!  My householder was distraught because she was extremely anxious about who would preach and let her young nieces know about Jehovah if she was not there to do so?  She went on to say that there was so much to learn and she only had 2 weeks to teach them and was afraid once they returned home there would be no one there to continues.  I choose this setting because of my circumstances.  I also asked Jane if she would be kind enough to "help" me prepare my talk and then practice it with me.  Well yes she would.  Just her upbringing will not allow her to say no to a request from her elders. (smile)  So I used several scriptures about the good news must be preached and ties it in to if we are not their for our families--we have other brothers and sisters who are.  In return, we must be out and preaching to help our brothers and sisters who have their families over here with us!  It is about being available and using every opportunity.  It has just registered in my narrow little mind (when my son moved to China in 2005)  that I NEED my brothers and sisters help over there to reach my children!  So now I look at people as being relatives of our brothers and sisters and it makes it so much more enjoyable than thinking of them as strangers!  I hope this was not to confusing for you to sort out.  I am just overwhelmed with this news!!!!!

Edited by LeslieDean

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

I did a simple Google search for Jehovah's Witnesses and tested some of the obvious anti-witness URLs .... big surprise - they ALL had this result "All servers were able to reach your site. This means that your site should be accessible from within mainland China"

However, www.jw.org is still blocked

This forum, on the other hand, IS available in China according to that test site :thumbsup:

Edited by Qapla

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

we received this from a sister in Australia we know well,

also from a well known reliable brother in California,

as well from a CO serving in New York.

None of them are known for sending hoaxes, but we still are trying to check it out.

Who did she receive it from?

Look, I'm not trying to disparage anyone out call any brother or sister into doubt. We have been counseled about spreading information that we can't verify. Unless anyone knows the brother named at the end of the email, this is second or third hands information.

The reason I'm urging caution is this:I saw this information on Facebook YESTERDAY and it wasn't from a sister in Australia that i heard it from. This is really going around and being spread fast.

I hope it is true. I'm not saying it's false. I'm saying we don't know and can't verify it. But it is interesting.

It may be true that www.watchtower.org shows as working in China on the test site and that when WE use that URL we are directed to www.jw.org However, that does not mean that it does the same thing in China.

It is possible that the redirect is blocked and anyone using the watchtower URL to bypass the firewall may just get an error message when they try it.

Since I am not in China and do not have direct contact with anyone there I cannot say for sure one way or the other. Like Shawn said, let's be careful about how we use this information until it can be verified or shows up on jw.org

Edited by Qapla

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

Please then can one of the moderators delete this topic.

I need to stop adding stuff to this forum........

just give it a while Samira, it doesn't mean that it's not true sometimes things don't happen quickly. :-)

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk

You can't walk with God while holding hands with the Devil.

I know a brother who conducts a study from this country with a Chinese speaking person. He can't be unique. He does this via skype. Maybe someone else out there can check from inside China. My suspicions are is that everything is a process. And processes take time and approval. You know what is said about good intentions.....

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

Would you like me to ask my son to try and access it from Shenzhen?

Please do. This is such a great experience. I want it to be true  :wave:

And thanks again for sharing it  :ecstatic:

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

Please do. This is such a great experience. I want it to be true :wave:

And thanks again for sharing it :ecstatic:

The FDS may want to "trim" jw.org for China...Also Chinese leaders have to OK it probably!
Edited by SUNRAY

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif