JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

China experience...WOW

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2926 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Indeed the best thing is to check from within China. Then again it might depend on location since it takes time for the DNS servers to refresh. Here is an other one which might use different servers http://viewdns.info/

I tired with this test engine and got these results

Chinese firewall test results for jw.org

==============

Testing if hostname is DNS poisoned

--------------------------------------

Expected value of DNS A records:

Location Lookup Result Status

Beijing 54.251.200.175 ... 54.251.202.199 ok.GIF

Shenzen 54.251.200.175 ... 54.251.202.199 ok.GIF

Inner Mongolia 54.251.200.175 ... 54.251.202.199 ok.GIF

Heilongjiang Province 54.251.200.175 ... 54.251.202.199 ok.GIF

Yunnan Province 54.251.200.175 ... 54.251.202.199 ok.GIF

All servers were able to reach your site. This means that the hostname itself is accessible from within mainland China.

Testing if URL is blocked over HTTP(s)

--------------------------------------

HTTP Response Status HTTP/1.1 301 Moved Permanently ok.GIF

This URL appears to be accessible from mainland China.

So, Leslie, yes it would be nice if your son can check to see if he can reach the site.

Edited by Qapla

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

I believe this story can be verified if someone with access to bethel can find out the maker of the press and with that information it's possible to verify if the company has really closed. If they advised the Chinese government to go to the JW's in Japan than probably there's no other client in China and that seems verifiable too...

In general, with such a great development as this press is, the client doesn't receive only the product but also all the knowledge-base necessary to deal with any problem or malfunction. Only on the event of the need to add functionality the company is called again... The experience shows that our brothers had that knowledge...

(but it is the general as my experience with installations on car manufacture tells me)

As much as I want to believe this it seems unlikely in my opinion...

But hey! Jehovah can make the impossible if it fits his purpose, so... ;)

Don't know if this means anything found on List of websites block in China

2387 Jehovah's Witnesses jw.org www.jw.org Bible English Unknown to Unknown (no longer blocked)[39][40] 2925 Norwegian Broadcasting Corporation nrk.no www.nrk.no News Norwegian 2011, May (or earlier) to 2012[41] 3876 PBworks pbworks.com pbworks.com Sharing English 2011, January to 2012[42] 4480 Sony Japan Sony.co.jp Sony.co.jp Corporation Japanese 2012, June 15–17 9551 SBS Radio(Chinese language service) radioaustralia.net.au/chinese http://www.sbs.com.au/chinese Media Chinese Unknown to present, November 2013[43]

Travis reports from Shenzen, China no access. Reports error page. He is across the river from Hong Kong where we have a branch office. Facebook is always going 'down' or is on restriction in China. Travis has lived all over China (Shanghi, Beijing, Chung Daung) and now Shenzen since 2005. He said many times you will be watching TV and if a sensitive subject comes up on the news the tV signal is scrambled to keep the Chinese citizens from hearing what the world news is. He said he will keep checking.

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

I remember listening to a recording of an old talk by a Bethel member who was explaining the wonders of MEPS (Multilanguage Electronic Publishing System) which was invented by Bethelites and gives us the capability to publish literature in hundreds of languages. He mentioned that the Chinese government had expressed interest in acquiring the technology from us, but instead of payment, the brothers requested that our ministry work in China be legalized. The Chinese government turned down the offer at the time.

So I don't doubt the brothers are looking for opportunities to make such requests.

Just stop it.Romans 12:2

post-204-0-08015300-1387602102_thumb.jpg

Click on to enlarge. Notice last line!!!!!!!!!!

However this is only one of four test sites that had this result. Two of the others had "Failed" results for jw.org , the fourth is in Chinese and I have no idea what it said.

Edited by lynn

more info

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

I just heard from someone at the Hong Kong bethel that this story is not true.

Please don't pass it on.

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

I just got this email from an elder and thought it is so worth sharing!

"We had Brother Petit give our talk today. He lives locally, but was a missionary
in Japan for years and one of his sons still serves at Bethel. He told us an interesting
experience/account that he just heard from his son. It was this:  You know our new
printing presses that print our magazines at that astronomical rate (like 200K an hour)
and are at the Japan, Canada and German branches, well the Chinese government has
one too. Theirs broke. They called the German company that made the press and found
out that the company had gone out of business and couldn't provide any technical support.
They suggested that the JWs in Japan had a printer and might be able to help. So, the
Chinese government called the Branch in Japan and 3 brothers went to China to lend a
hand. Of course, they knew what was wrong and fixed it. The Chinese government was
so impressed and grateful they said they wanted to
do
something for the brothers. The
brothers said they could legalize JW to organize freely in China. The Chinese government
said, of course, that it couldn't
do
that because by law the heads of all national organizations
had to be appointed by the communist party. BUT, they said, they would lift the ban on
. WHAT?!?! Yes, now 
 is legal in China. I instantly started crying and
wanted to break out clapping. How fantastic is that? 

I wonder who broke that press.. "

Please refer to the previous posts that this story is apparently NOT true .... (((

Zeph 3:17 Jehovah your God is in the midst of you. As a mighty One, he will save. He will exult over you with rejoicing. He will become silent in his love. He will be joyful over you with happy cries....... Love it....a beautiful word picture.

Sorry.....sorry....sorry....

The CO in N.Y. who sent us the story about China,
mailed my husband this, after we ask him to call the HQ:

"I must apologize for the erroneous information on JW.org and China I sent to you. I will be more careful in the future."

Also Circuit overseers are not immune against listen to hoax.

No problem. It was fun thinking about the possibility. We are glad you are here :wave:

Trottigy

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

read what the email actually says:

"BUT, they said, they would lift the ban on JW.org."

so hopefully they keep their word!

Samira--it sounded so real, just like something Jehovah would and could do in these last days!!! We ALL wanted it to be true. Thanks for giving us the hope of this happening---even if the hope only lasted a short time. Again--THANK YOU for sharing it. Hey, miracles DO happen every once in a while.

....Those who seek Jehovah can understand EVERYTHING......Proverbs 28:5. (The possibilities are endless!)

on a German JW forum the same email appeared, but 

a sister ask the Brothers in Selters, Germany:

the brothers replied, that jw.org was never forbidden in China.
They also said that apostate spreading those emails, so that jw.org will be blocked as a result.
This is not what we want.
So please don't send those emails on and warn the person who sent them originally.

I wish I never had sent it in the first place  :cry: 

Samira ~ What about the China Firewall site..why does it say "failed"? Is it

just because in the Provinces listed there, there is no communication tower? That would explain

the other site checking out...as someone posted in a previous comment..

Edited by SUNRAY

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

Samira ~ Thank you for keeping us updated...from reading this thread what I can learn is that no human

government can be depended on to help us make Jehovah's name and Kingdom known..only Jehovah and His

Kingdom can be depended on...where our work is banned, Jehovah opens another pathway!

No human government can stand in the way of Jehovah's Heavenly Organization!

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif