JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Epub Files Question (Increasing Font Size)

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3743 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I have never been a very technically inclined person, so you'll have to excuse this lol.  I have a question about epub files that I wondered if anyone on here could help me answer.  Can you increase the size of the document you are reading?  Say, the Watchtower for instance, can I make the print bigger like I can with a pdf file (by sort of making a pinching with my fingers and spreading the document bigger)  Or do epub files stay only in one size print.   It doesn't really matter as I'm not having a problem seeing it,  am just curious.  I'm using an ipad and prefer the epub files cause I can touch the scripture and it pops up in a little box. 

I use the Epub Watchtower on an iPad in iBooks.

When you open up the Watchtower, up toward the top right corner there should be a little A and a bit bigger A, click on that and it brings up a box, pressing on the larger A on the top right increases the size of the text, the one to the left decreases the size.

Hope that helps

Time is a great healer. Unless you've got a rash, then you're better off with ointment.

Holly - Red Dwarf

Check if you can find this option bellow on ibooks. Țhen press the big A to increase the text size or the small A to decrease... No pinch to zoom though

Posted Image

On moon reader you can slide the right side of the book up or down to increase our decrease. You can also long press an image and then can make pinch to zoom. I think it's not available for ipad but check the app store

Thanks.  I found the option in ibooks and at least know how to do it if I need to.  I don't need it per say, but if I'm ever sharing with someone beside me, and they need to see it bigger, at least I can do that for them. 

I also like the feature that allows you to double tap the pictures in the EPubs Watchtower articles or Draw close book and you can adjust their size by pinching to decrease, or spreading your fingers to increase the size, again useful if sharing with another person.

Time is a great healer. Unless you've got a rash, then you're better off with ointment.

Holly - Red Dwarf

I have never been a very technically inclined person, so you'll have to excuse this lol.  I have a question about epub files that I wondered if anyone on here could help me answer.  Can you increase the size of the document you are reading?  Say, the Watchtower for instance, can I make the print bigger like I can with a pdf file (by sort of making a pinching with my fingers and spreading the document bigger)  Or do epub files stay only in one size print.   It doesn't really matter as I'm not having a problem seeing it,  am just curious.  I'm using an ipad and prefer the epub files cause I can touch the scripture and it pops up in a little box.

Maybe someone with an iPad can answer about the eBook reader built into your iPad.,if there are other epub readers in the iTunes store you could click on each one to see if the font can be adjusted..

I am only familiar with Android devices..I have 2 epub readers that allow for font adjustments and one that does not..

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif