JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Large 2013 bibles

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3748 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

We heard at our hall tonight that we should get the large 2013 bibles by the end of February. If they aren't there by the end of February, it will be the end of March as that's when our literature comes in. This is indeed wonderful news!

Voni

The difference between try and triumph is that little "umph"

Those are the large Print Bibles and NOT the large study Bibles, right?

Actually I posted large print bibles at first. I then thought, "are they actually large print or just large bibles"? I then changed it to large bibles. We can't refer to it as a reference bible because the regular bible is a reference bible! Anyway, it's the larger version of the new 2013 bible that we all have. I hope that cleared it up.

Thx, Voni

The difference between try and triumph is that little "umph"

Thank you, I know a few who need the large print one but I'm waiting for the Study edition

What is added in the "study addition"?

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

What is added in the "study addition"?

All,they mentioned at the annual meeting was wider margins. But didn't he say that it will be available little by little online before it will be printed? That wouldn't be necessary if everything were exactly the same as the regular bible.

I hope it will have all the cross references back and a fuller concordance than the regular bible. Maybe it will have some sort of reasoning book included, since it is a study bible? I never use the reasoning book in service anyway. Only at home for preparing for service, RV's, studies and stuff like that.

All,they mentioned at the annual meeting was wider margins. But didn't he say that it will be available little by little online before it will be printed? That wouldn't be necessary if everything were exactly the same as the regular bible.

I hope it will have all the cross references back and a fuller concordance than the regular bible. Maybe it will have some sort of reasoning book included, since it is a study bible? I never use the reasoning book in service anyway. Only at home for preparing for service, RV's, studies and stuff like that.

Who said that, Jasmine?  No-one mentioned it in their posts at the time of the meeting.

(It's a bit hard to check now as no recordings were made etc.)

Edited by bohemian

Who said that, Jasmine?  No-one mentioned it in their posts at the time of the meeting.

(It's a bit hard to check now as no recordings were made etc.)

At least two people did:

There will be a large print available early next year (along with the pocket bible)They said it will have all the features of the regular one, only in large. Also the deluxe binding.

In addition to that, a study/reference bible will be available. First the books will be online as they become available. And eventually a printed version will be available. He mentioned that it will have wider margins for easier note taking. I don't remember if he mentioned a specific date or just 'eventually'. I also don't remember if be mentioned if it will be deluxe in binding.

But there will definitely be a large print AND a reference bible!

As far as the Study Bible goes, I remember it as Jasmin stated earlier in this thread:

A Bible with only wider margins doesn't need an staggered online release. Anyone remember any other features of the Study Bible? I can't.

Where did this idea come from, Lynn?  I only heard of pocket edition and large size Bibles becoming available.

Unless my memory has gone totally wacky again, GB member mentioned at the Annual Meeting that the reference or study edition "would come in time." This could mean years. This was in addition to the pocket and large print that could be ordered after Jan. 1.

Edited by lynn

reference not reverence

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

Yes, Lynn has correctly stated what I remember hearing (I had the privilege of attending the AM all four sessions, as I was running the console for the sound). The study Bible would be released online first, in segments (I assume, by book), but would eventually be released as a printed edition, with wider margins for notes.

Edited by disneytrav