JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

"Pope Francis has gained the friendship of the world"

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3704 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

The title of this topic were the concluding words of the following article:

http://diversitychronicle.wordpress.com/2013/12/05/pope-francis-condemns-racism-and-declares-that-all-religions-are-true-at-historic-third-vatican-council/

It seems the Catholic Church is trying to reposition itself as more 'liberal' and 'tolerant', Of course they could only do this by completely watering down the bible's message. Or should I say, completely disregarding it.

The first thing that popped into my mind when I read the concluding paragraph was:

Don't they know what the bible says at James 4:4? It says: "friendship with the world is enmity with God".

Oh my goodness, there's all kinds of wrong in their statements. This is only one of many in the article. It's hard to believe they have come out and are saying what they are.

The Third Vatican Council concluded today with Pope Francis announcing that Catholicism is now a “modern and reasonable religion, which has undergone evolutionary changes. The time has come to abandon all intolerance. We must recognize that religious truth evolves and changes. Truth is not absolute or set in stone. Even atheists acknowledge the divine. Through acts of love and charity the atheist acknowledges God as well, and redeems his own soul, becoming an active participant in the redemption of humanity.”

From the Insight book under Truth:

The entire body of Christian teachings, which later became part of the written Word of God, is “the truth” or “the truth of the good news.” Adherence to this truth, ‘walking’ in it, is essential if an individual is to gain salvation. (Ro 2:8; 2Co 4:2; Eph 1:13; 1Ti 2:4; 2Ti 4:4; Tit 1:1, 14; Heb 10:26; 2Jo 1-4; 3Jo 3, 4) 

This is the kind of thinking we are combating. How frustrating. 

Edited by bagwell1987

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

I am wary of the media. Period. I know in this country, well, I can get news a week before the fact on BBC, and it can be big news. I sort of feel, well, let's say, there is pick and choose as to the items covered.

Television? Coverage can be out and out lies. I saw an item on, "60 Minutes". It was about a Witness child custody thing. Blatant lies. I still sort of cringe when I see Leslie Stahl. She did the report.

If I am here by myself, I just change channels, or turn it off, as in, "'Here come the apostates", but with my husband having the control in his hands...pretty ugly stuff on that tv about us. And I cannot escape it. I do not think what they say about us is the exception. If they can twist something to make it sensational, they will.

So, I take most any worldly media coverage with a grain of salt.

Some things may be interesting...but true? Only time will tell.

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

Oh brother:  http://wafflesatnoon.com/2013/12/22/did-francis-all-religions-are-true/

Did Pope Francis Declare “All Religions Are True” at Third Vatican Council?

Posted on December 22, 2013 by waffles in Hoaxes & Rumors // 14 Comments

An article circulating online states that Pope Francis declared that all religions are true at the Third Vatican Council. Is this true or false?

The article is false. Let’s first look at what is being claimed. 

In an article published by Diversity Chronicle, we read that Pope Francis announced that “All religions are true, because they are true in the hearts of all those who believe in them.” Francis also allegedly discussed atheists, stating, “Even atheists acknowledge the divine. Through acts of love and charity the atheist acknowledges God as well, and redeems his own soul, becoming an active participant in the redemption of humanity.”

Regarding intolerance, the Pope is quoted as saying Catholicism is now “a modern and reasonable religion, which has undergone evolutionary changes. The time has come to abandon all intolerance.”

Diversity Chronicle
The source of this news item is Diversity Chronicle. The disclaimer on the website states, “The original content on this blog is largely satirical.”

Third Vatican Council
There has not been a Third Vatican Council. The Second Vatican Council occurred back in the 1960′s and such an event now would receive significant press.

Bottom Line
Pope Francis did not claim that “all religions are true” at a Third Vatican Council. No such event occurred, and the source of this report is a satirical website.

Edited by bagwell1987

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

My humble apologies brothers and sisters. I had no idea I was spreading an untruth. If it was their aim to shock, it worked. But I foolishly repeated it without first verifying it's authenticity.

This has been a good reminder for me.

Again, my apologies.

Considering that the same website has this article: http://diversitychronicle.wordpress.com/2014/01/20/male-chauvinists-unleash-toilet-seat-reign-of-terror-across-the-u-s/

I am not inclined to believe it.

OK, I get it now. Thanks Christopher.

Actually I found the 'male chauvinist' article to be quite humorous. I must share it with all the females in my household.

Did anyone see the Frontline program on TV Tuesday night? All about Catholic Church...homosexuality inside the Vatican. protection of abusive priests, corruption regarding Vatican bank, etc..very good..maybe someone can find it on Frontline website!

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif