JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The times, they are a changing

I had one of those last phones when I was a kid.

When we got our first "house phone" it was a 4-party line. We were fortunate, since most had 8-party lines.

Later, when they began to offer 2-party lines, and I was old enough to get a phone, we got the 2-party line with me being one party and my parents the other. Gve us two phone numbers in the same house and the equivalent of a private line.

My brother, due to his job with the State Forestry Service - fire fighting was part of the job, got the first private line in our exchange.

Anyway, I don't want to hijack this thread, so I will just agree ..... times are changing.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

I need a picture of Moses with his stone tablets, the tablets of paper that we used in school, and those newfangled electronic tablets that are all the rage, lol.

Times sure do change, or maybe we're all just getting old.

That picture would make a good point   ...   but who has a picture of Moses when he was 6? :huh:

My folks had a 3 party line as well, we had a little old lady who'd listen in all the time, she was bored or something. But to top it off I had the outhouse too. No indoor plumbing until I moved out at 17!

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

post-571-0-55148500-1394484918.jpg

When I was in first year Junior School - age 7 - we had these tablets, just like my Grandma at the time for the First World War, a framed piece of slate, usually scored with lines and we learned how to advance in our writing by learning to do handwriting or longhand - joined up writing - on these slate tablets, with special pencils.

They are about the same size as a tablet, so Museums often show pictures of them them side by side.

Edited by retroHelen

• 2 weeks later...