JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Russian scientist Andrei Linde on religion

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3670 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Spanish newspaper La Razón has published today an interview with Russian physicist Andrei Linde, who proposed in 1983 a Big Bang refinement known as "cosmic inflation theory". The reason for the interview is that now, thirty years later, some evidence has been found that seems to confirm his hypothesis, so he's likely to be awarded the Nobel prize on Physics.

I found interesting some of his comments about religion. (I haven't been able to find this interview in any newspaper in English, so I'm translating from Spanish).

Even though he is not a religious person, he admits there are some questions science has no answers for.

"We don't know how to explain the simple fact that we are alive, the meaning of pain or happiness, or what is it that makes us all alive, or the meaning of all of that in general", he declared.

"I think we will ultimately try to understand all those questions at the same time our knowledge about the universe grows, and maybe at that point we will have a wide vision", he added.

"It's not that we want to deny the existence of someone superior to our own intelligence, we only want to explore all the easier possibilities first", he explained.

Interesting. They sure could of saved themselves alot of time and money by exploring that an superior intellligence was at the heart of everything FIRST instead of last! So tired of Jehovah never getting the credit he deserves, no matter what it is.

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

Can't wait! It's so upsetting to be watching a gorgeous nature program on hummingbirds or butterflys or anything else and then you hear "evolution has adapted this birds beak" or some other garbage.  It angers me and makes me not want to watch it.  Found myself yelling at the television during one program, thought I had better stop watching NatGeo for a while! And normally I don't have an anger problem!

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

Can't wait! It's so upsetting to be watching a gorgeous nature program on hummingbirds or butterflys or anything else and then you hear "evolution has adapted this birds beak" or some other garbage.  It angers me and makes me not want to watch it.  Found myself yelling at the television during one program, thought I had better stop watching NatGeo for a while! And normally I don't have an anger problem!

My wife just looks over at me when they say garbage like that. Usually its the steam blasting from my ears that has got her attention. -_-

Edited by Mykyl

About JWTalk.net - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Since 2006, JWTalk has proved to be a well-moderated online community for real Jehovah's Witnesses on the web. However, our community is not an official website of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not endorsed, sponsored, or maintained by any legal entity used by Jehovah's Witnesses. We are a pro-JW community maintained by brothers and sisters around the world. We expect all community members to be active publishers in their congregations, therefore, please do not apply for membership if you are not currently one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

JWTalk 23.8.11 (changelog)