JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

DIY for Women, lols

The duct tape solution suggests some of you have been watching the old Red Green show. After all he

always said: " " If women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. " I think this is

really a "hold up" situation.

GStorrs46

The duct tape solution suggests some of you have been watching the old Red Green show. After all he

always said: " " If women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. " I think this is

really a "hold up" situation.

GStorrs46

I like options.

My favorite quote.... there's always a solution to every problem.

Sometimes it takes a little longer to figure out.

Lols :)

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

My  sisters and I have contests to see who is the fastest. I usually win.

Stewart, you better be good or we'll start on the pantyhose.

attachicon.gifpantyhose.jpg

Forget the pantyhose & stockings  :lips:

I can't stand them. It doesn't matter if they are the homebrand or the $25 dollar plus brand. They are just wrong. Nope nope nope. lols.

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

Peggy good one.......,Girdles I haven't heard that expression in years ....reminds mre of an English sister who was in my congregation years ago , she had such a good sense of humor I loved when she told the story about the time she was getting ready to go to the meeting and her "girdle" had been washed in those days they were made out of what seemed like rubber ! Anyway she told her husband to get it for her when he discovered it was still wet .........well he stuck it in the oven to dry and yup you guessed it MELTED it! Well so much for that " shape wear" !!!

Funny right down through history females are always trying too reshape what they have been given ........looking forward to the day we can all just be ourselves without the closet full of hang ups Satan's system has heaped upon us. Men will be burning ties and women throwing out their shape wear !!!

Edited by Miss Mouse

I wore one when I was young too. I wore a size 3 dress and just didn't feel dressed without my girdle. I thought I was sooooooo fat. Can you imagine...........ain't tellin what I wear now! Shape wear O yeah.

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

bra vo for such an interesting thread...

sorry... couldnt resist:-)

lol we moved on from bras....

We endure many instruments of torture ;)

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

You can't walk with God while holding hands with the Devil.

Sophia  ... of course - she's Italian!   ....  you gals are sharing TMI, good thing I'm married - why do I keep checking this thread?  ....   feel like we're really getting' ta know ya  ... man, I sure hope this doesn't go multi-pages - Not!

I  had a "Feeling" this thread  was "Shaping Up"  to be a real "Live Wire" and would get "Stretched" and "Pulled"  a bit, it was too "Tight" to be "Contained" to just "TWO"    ....  pages!      ...   yep, you Sisters really pulled it off, time to enjoy a "cup" of coffee now.

Edited by timpin

Are here's a challenge can it go on longer than the beard thread?

That is the question!!!! somebody please shoot me lols. :lol:  :popcorn:  :flowers:  :boating:

lol we moved on from bras....

We endure many instruments of torture ;)

I saw a whole show on Oprah once devoted to Spanx and the inventor of the newly coined 'shape wear' or power panty. A few months back i was going to meet up with some new 'sister friends ' for dinner and a glass of wine. I was stymied over what to wear and After much consideration and heavy sighing, I chose my favorite jeans and knee high heeled boots. . I had every intention of losing 27 pounds in the three days prior to the gathering, but due to lack of diet and exercise for a number of reasons, things didn't work out as planned. In fact I might have gained a pound or two but we won't go there. So, I was faced with two choices: amputating a leg or wearing the new pair of Spanx underwear i purchased after hearing they were all the rave.

For those who don't watch Oprah, Spanx are the world's first line of performance underwear to combine the comfort of regular panties, the feel of hosiery and the power of a shaper. According to Sara Blakely the creator of Spanx. I think it took me a good twenty minutes to wiggle into them and rid myself of camel toe. Plus I really worked up a sweat. Then I realized I would not be able to use the bathroom till I got back home.

I may have been too optimistic

In my choice if B instead of C but we are told to have faith, but midway through dinner-I forfeited the cocktail with these wonderful women, I had had enough. My stomach hurt, I had had to sit funny due to some rearranging of vital parts.

So I excused myselffrom the table and went into the ladies' room. I stood in a bathroom stall and realized that for the sake of my comfort and my enjoyment i would have to take off my jeans and knee high boots but realized i could not safely remove them without causing myself physical harm--or at the least embarrassment if someone got worried about me and came looking.

Or what if someone came in and spied me naked from the waist down while i struggeled to remove these 'performance' panties?The possible interpretations of such a scenario were unsettling.

So, if any of you know me at all you know i would keep a good pair of scissors in my purse to clip recipes if i should ever find myself in a waiting room where there I happen to be some old magazines with plenty of recipes. It could happen. Or in the case, if I should reach the breaking point and have to cut off my new $45.00 performance panties. So without further hesitation I did the only thing I could under those circumstances. I slid my jeans down to my knees and cut down each side of my elongated panties and did my best impersonation of a Chippendales performer and gave a might heave ho and freed myself from the jaws of death. Then I quickly wrapped them in toilet tissue and buried them in the trash can. No one was in wiser for it. I returned to the table all the while able to laugh freely and enjoy that glass of wine after all. Never again will I buy any panties that have descriptive terms in their title like performance or power or cost more than 10.00 for a pair of panties. After all, I'm married now. What do I have to prove?

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

Lol Leslie that's hilarious! So the guys don't feel left out there is Spanx for Men! http://doesitwork.nbcnews.com/_news/2009/11/19/4362044-spanx-for-dudes-t-shirt-promises-instant-six-pack?lite

Is. 41:10 " I will fortify you. I will really help you. I will really keep fast hold of you with my right hand of righteousness. "

I have to admit I almost gave in to the shapewear fad. Then after looking at these torture devices, and with the thoughts of what it was really doing to my vital organs, I changed my mind. Widowed at 39, finished raising four young ones to adulthood, not wanting to put them in a step-parent situation, I don't regret growing old alone. It would be lovely to have someone to experience Jehovah's actions, at Armageddon, with. But will remain content with what I have been blessed with, fairly healthy, physically active, and a healthy respect for these God given gifts.