JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

DIY for Women, lols

I found this tip on  ONE GOOD THING. SEEMS LIKE A HANDY WEB SITE.

august 9, 2013

165 comments HOW TO REPAIR AN UNDERWIRE BRA

diy-bra-repair.jpg

I have to apologize in advance to the male population that reads this blog (a small, but dedicated bunch,) because we are definitely dealing with a “female only” issue here. BUT, if you are a GUY and want to impress your GAL, you will read this anyway and then AMAZE her with your insight into what us gals have to go through! You’re sure to score MAJOR points.

I think most of us gals have a LOVE/HATE relationship with our underwire bras. While they are great at supporting and shaping our curves, they can sometimes feel like you’re wearing a medieval instruments of torture! Especially when one of those underwires decides to break through the fabric and starts digging into your skin! Definitely not comfortable. Quite UNcomfortable actually.

diy-bra-repair-7.jpg

I can’t begin to count how many bras I have thrown away over the years when this has happened. Little did I know I was throwing them away unnecessarily! Not only is there an incredibly effective fix for this problem, it’s an incredibly EASY fix as well! Ah well….live and LEARN!  And thanks to Chaotically Creative for the awesomely, creative idea (which you can also purchase on her website as well.)

And now that *I* have LEARNED this trick…it’s time for me to pass it on to you! Because that’s what I do! :-)

All you will need to repair your broken underwire bra is a pair of scissors and a package of this:

diy-bra-repair-2.jpg

Yep, that is padding for your feet’s corns and calluses, better known as “moleskin”, and something I have never bought in my entire life…until now. Prepare to be amazed!

diy-bra-repair-6.jpg

First push that annoying wire back into the hole it poked out of. Then cut a small piece of the moleskin just big enough to cover the area of the hole.

diy-bra-repair-4.jpg

diy-bra-repair-3.jpg

Peel the backing off the piece you cut out and press it onto the “wound.” Continue to press firmly for several seconds and then you are done!

diy-bra-repair-8.jpg

The amazing thing about this fix is that, in my experience, it gets better over time! The more you wear it, the more your body heat works on the adhesive, and the moleskin all but FUSES with the bra material. Mine has lasted through a few washes now and shows no signs of coming off.

Now I know there are going to be comments about how if your underwire is poking through then you are doing something wrong (ie. wearing the wrong size; not followingproper washing instructions, etc.)  Let me just say before everyone gets all worked up, I’m sure those are all valid points, but they don’t do anything to REPAIR the problem. This does.

For anyone who has ever suffered the discomfort of an underwire gone awry….this one’s for you! 

CleanPrintBtn_white.png

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

I've got a better idea altogether. ?. Just don't wear one, problem solved !!

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

Some of us are overly endowed and have no choice in the matter.  Looking forward to Jehovah balancing out all the bits and pieces soon!

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

Here's another good tip for the sisters - have problems getting your straps to stay where you want them?  Staple them!  Works great and lasts wash after wash!  Just keep a pair of pliers in your purse incase a staple comes undone - that can hurt!

Here's another good tip for the sisters - have problems getting your straps to stay where you want them? Staple them! Works great and lasts wash after wash! Just keep a pair of pliers in your purse incase a staple comes undone - that can hurt!

staple them to your skin !

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

You can't walk with God while holding hands with the Devil.

I just keep a pocketknife and some duct tape too. Problems solved. Lols :)

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

Glad to share a laugh with friends.

& Moobs I never heard this term before. Glad for the education. lols :)

Actually the brothers here probably have more good tips about bras then us sisters do but don't want to say!  All I can say is that bra's are a "abomination", I hate them, wish I didn't have to wear them (day and night!) and can't wait till I can live without them.  However Jehovah manages to reverse the effects of gravity on a women's body is beyond me but if anyone can do that, it's HIM! One more reason to push through the garbage in this system and into the NEW one!

279ae7ee3a16500a437f6b56207cf50b.jpg

Theres modern style or old fashioned style I don't know. Which is best. lols

Nana would have to taped up & flattened. I don't know I like to breathe

@ Musky.... Yeah I remember that ep On Seinfield. Lols...