JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Won't have to shovel snow in the New System

Why would we not have to do this?  Won't we still have seasons and snowfall?  Doesn't mean a blizzard has to come--balance in all things?  Cant' we still have tornados that are non destructive?  Can't Jehovah use natural diasters (?) to clear things?  I live in Oklahoma--Tornado Ally_ and see plenty every year.  They are magnifence in force--and awe inspiring when you see them at a distance!  

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

Because we will want to. :bouncing: Ps 145:16. I can't wait for this one to be fulfilled!

As for seasons - Gen 1:14 And God went on to say: "Let luminaries come to be in the expanse of the heavens to make a division between the day and the night; and they must serve as signs and for seasons and for days and years. 15 And they must serve as luminaries in the expanse of the heavens to shine upon the earth." And it came to be so.

As long as there are stars there will be seasons.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

You guys are all on the wrong track. Ha ha. Its cause we won't have driveways roads or sidewalks lol. 

Where do the scriptures say that? Right now, we don't know what we'll have. But from some of the illustrations in the publications (Yesterday's WT study) It shows some pretty nice houses and buildings, etc. We will need roads to bring in the lumber and other building materials to construct them and then a road or walkway to get in and out. There will need to be maintained, right? 

I love speculation! :)

How much fun would it have been to run naked in the snow? Not much I would think. Can't imagine Adam and Eve wandering nude in the frozen snow. :)

Keep it well away from me. No need to shovel it then ever.

Edited by Mykyl

You guys are all on the wrong track. Ha ha. Its cause we won't have driveways roads or sidewalks lol.

Hmmm. I have always wanted a cobblestone path. Sidewalk? Who knows? Our wonderful buildings that are for worship have those sidewalks. I do know there won't be cities. But, shovel snow or not, my back will fully cooperate!

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

Where do the scriptures say that? Right now, we don't know what we'll have. But from some of the illustrations in the publications (Yesterday's WT study) It shows some pretty nice houses and buildings, etc. We will need roads to bring in the lumber and other building materials to construct them and then a road or walkway to get in and out. There will need to be maintained, right? 

I love speculation! :)

Me too!!

I always look at the pictures and think what is and isn't there.

For example - I have never seen watches, but I regularly see metal - whether in a belt buckle or a scoop or hammer or some other tool - (which requires some industries - mining, smelting, manufacturing, etc.)

I regularly see glass - again industry of some time to make and distribute. Also buildings with glass windows (window making requires certain industry -  difficult during the 1700s, but became more popular after that).

I also regularly see "buildings" of various types - this is going to require more industry - logging (even if on a small scale), nails or "fasteners", some sort of foundation materials - perhaps concrete (which comes with more industry).

One picture actually showed HARD HATS WOW! - Plastic - which comes from an oil derivative. Can you imaging oil wells???? (http://science.howstuffworks.com/plastic5.htm)

I can't wait to see one with a large combine

post-272-0-45177300-1407187773.jpg

Edit: not to mention clothing of various types. Belts of leather (from animals???) or cotton and linen clothes - that is what touched off the industrial revolution, eh?

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

Side walks or not, roads or not ..... doesn't change what I said ..... I don't shovel snow now, and I have a driveway that is 800 feet long, so why would I shovel snow then, especially if I still live where I do now?

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

Side walks or not, roads or not ..... doesn't change what I said ..... I don't shovel snow now, and I have a driveway that is 800 feet long, so why would I shovel snow then, especially if I still live where I do now?

Well, this would mean something if this question was all about you and not people in general! :)

Well, this would mean something if this question was all about you and not people in general! :)

Wait - everything isn't about me!!!   :nope:

:popcorn: see how I even stole John's comment - because it is!!   :lol1:

Let me tell you a story about that .............   :bouncing:

edit :kiss:

Edited by trottigy

Soon .....

Me too!!

I always look at the pictures and think what is and isn't there.

For example - I have never seen watches, but I regularly see metal - whether in a belt buckle or a scoop or hammer or some other tool - (which requires some industries - mining, smelting, manufacturing, etc.)

I regularly see glass - again industry of some time to make and distribute. Also buildings with glass windows (window making requires certain industry -  difficult during the 1700s, but became more popular after that).

I also regularly see "buildings" of various types - this is going to require more industry - logging (even if on a small scale), nails or "fasteners", some sort of foundation materials - perhaps concrete (which comes with more industry).

One picture actually showed HARD HATS WOW! - Plastic - which comes from an oil derivative. Can you imaging oil wells???? (http://science.howstuffworks.com/plastic5.htm)

I can't wait to see one with a large combine

attachicon.gifcombine.jpg

Edit: not to mention clothing of various types. Belts of leather (from animals???) or cotton and linen clothes - that is what touched off the industrial revolution, eh?

Actually, there was a pic few years back and the brother had a watch on.  I remember cause this brother at my cong showed the pic to my husband and me and asked us "can you see anything in this pic that you thought may not be in the new world" we looked and looked, and finally he pointed to the watch on the man's arm.

I just don't have any idea what magazine or brochure the pic was in, sorry.  It was within the last 4 yrs I think though.

Hold on a minute. If I recall (and since I can "quote" the post - I'm sure I do) didn't the original question say ....

Lets see how long it will take for the right answer to be posted.Why will we not have to do this any more?

Since the use of "we" would include "me" then there is nothing wrong with answering from "my" point of view right  :shrugs:  ???????

And, since it does not snow in Florida (not so that you would need a shovel) and a vast region just south of here, then the fact that some people "do" shovel snow does not preclude the fact there there are many who, like me, do not shovel it now, so why would this matter to us???? :lol1::ecstatic:  :lol1:

Just saying ...... :whistling:

Edited by Qapla

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

Here? http://www.8newsnow.com/story/26218925/frustrated-mt-charleston-residents-want-flooding-issues-resolved

MOUNT CHARLESTON, Nev. - People living on Mount Charleston say they are angry. Mountain residents voiced their frustrations in a meeting Wednesday night with Clark County Commissioner Larry Brown over flooding problems on the mountain.

The county wanted to install a flood control barrier, but crews didn't complete the project because of liability issues. Residents say if the county completed the work, last week's flood-related damage may not have happened.

People who attended the Wednesday night meeting say they feel commissioners have done nothing to protect them.

Some residents said they don't feel safe in their homes anymore. Homeowners say rushing flood water brought boulders the size of tables.

Soon .....