JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

ShaliTalk.talk

Do I detect a hint of 'disgruntlement?' LOL  (I know that's not a word)  By the way my favorite fluffy kitten is a Maine Coon.

Shali, my dis has never been so gruntled. Serious discussion of important issues has been curtailed quite summarily, while trivialities are positively encouraged. I feel we are not trusted to talk about things in a spiritual way as mature adults who have our 'perceptive powers trained to distinguish right from wrong'.

I think it is time for me to take a step back from jw.talk, and leave everyone to their fluffy kittens.

Shali, my dis has never been so gruntled. Serious discussion of important issues has been curtailed quite summarily, while trivialities are positively encouraged. I feel we are not trusted to talk about things in a spiritual way as mature adults who have our 'perceptive powers trained to distinguish right from wrong'.

I think it is time for me to take a step back from jw.talk, and leave everyone to their fluffy kittens.

Everyone needs a break once in a while but be assured that "Serious discussion of important issues" threads are only closed because of numerous complaints and disrespectful comments.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

I think it started with my post about pickled beets, I am so very sorry everyone!! Really so very sorry!!

Brigette........you are ......just so.....hysterical.......!!!!!!!

Are you going for 100 pages here too??

Yeah, the pickled beets post definitely kick started a LOT of stuff! Sounds like I MIGHT of brought most of it on myself though! Now, our good friend Tim, is to blame for this thread - NOT me! I think he wanted to make sure I had a proper way to become jwtalk's all time high poster! haha

I doubt this thread will get to 5 pages, unless the "band wagon" isn't full yet! I do kinda see this thread was needed to some point as an outlet for others to express their undying love and affection for me (hahaha!)

Edited by shali

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

Everyone needs a break once in a while but be assured that "Serious discussion of important issues" threads are only closed because of numerous complaints and disrespectful comments.

I only lodged 73 compliants, so I know it had nothing to do with me.

I doubt this thread will get to 5 pages, unless the "band wagon" isn't full yet! I do kinda see this thread was needed to some point as an outlet for others to express their undying love and affection for me (hahaha!)

.We are discussing limiting your posting to this one topic to give the forum software a break (and the rest of us too) :)

Edited by Musky

I only lodged 73 compliants, so I know it had nothing to do with me.

But did you know that one can get "Banned" for sticking their tongue out at the Moderators.  :lol1: NOT!

.We are discussing limiting your posting to this one topic to give the forum software a break (and the rest of us too) :)

That sounds like a direct challenge and since today is Labor Day and I don't even have to go to work - you guessed it - I'll be in here ALL DAY LONG! I'll be resurrecting dead topics, creating new ones, posting in the "talk with the moderator's" section, changing my status every hour on the hour! I'm getting ready to set the all time high posting record this site has ever seen! By the way - try to keep up, I'll be moving at an "extremely brisk pace". hehe!

Anything that is not based on a news item; as we know news reports are biased and cannot be trusted so any thread based on them will be locked by the moderators.

We could talk about fluffy kittens, that would be acceptable I think.

If there is a thread in the news forum about baptized fluffy kittens, it might get locked if we publicly criticize said fluffy kittens before the matter has been handled by their branch and local elders.

Of course, I'm just guessing since I haven't seen a situation like that before.

I have! We had a forum about fluffy kittens and whether or not they would survive Armageddon. Things got pretty heated and it devided the entire site's member's in half! Some felt fluffy kittens deserved to survive and others felt that Jehovah would spare only pupplies! The moderator's, being a wise and discreet bunch, locked the thread and buried it deep within the bowels of jwtalk.net. From that time on, the mere mention of fluffy kittens sends a chill up my spine.

I'm happy to have a couple threads that have a lighter feel to them. We live in an intense world, people in general quick to take the offensive. But having a couple places to let you hair down is a relief. So far in these "pickled beets" discussions there hasn't been any quibbling or disagreements. Only people coming together and giving each other snarky, quick witted, disgruntlement comments. It's enjoyable to read them. 

We are serious about Jehovah, we love his guidance, we're being prepared for the greatest war ever to come upon man, we have some very serious WT articles that need serious study to glean out the deep understandings, we just finished the RC/IC season here in the states and some of UK and finished a tract campaign. We have a lot of seriousness in our lives. Thank-you all for the hilarity and jocularity I've been reading.

Now I'm going over to a serious thread, you  jokesters would ya please come up with some more stuff. I WILL BE BACK......

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

No problem, she can do it. :popcorn:

Probably, but that was the Challenge for Last Service year.

Since it's a New Service year we must have a New Post record High   ...  70!    ...   should be a piece of cake she's not working today and   ...

Don't forget this was the girl who was baptized at 12   ***   Can you imagine the struggle and army of brothers it took to keep her under for just a few seconds!  

...   Even then there must of been a lot of bubbles!

feel the love Brige.

*post high record subject to change if you keep sticking your tongue out

Edited by timpin

Oh yeah - like a crushing weight upon my chest!Actually it was a struggle for the brothers to make sure I went completely under -at 12 I barely weighed 40 pounds, one of my limbs was always popping up! When I got my first driver's license at 16 and a half, my weight on it was 66 lbs.

Edited by shali

65! That might be a long shot even for me Tim! At this time of day I'm losing posts faster than I can gain new ones! (All my posts from 24 hours ago are being taken off my total and I'm losing posts as the minutes tick by!)

When I got my first driver's license at 16 and a half, my weight on it was 66 lbs.

What, were they just weighing your head?  :lol:  OK, that was uncalled for, some humor is only funny to the person saying it and should be left unsaid. So I un-say it.  :surrender:

No that was my real weight. Very thin - my mom actually thought I had a tape worm, she tried to "worm" me with black walnut! LOL If she was the least bit observant, she would of noticed that I barely ate anything! My idea of a snack was bowl of horseradish. Oh, those were the days!

Probably, but that was the Challenge for Last Service year.

Since it's a New Service year we must have a New Post record High   ...  70!    ...   should be a piece of cake she's not working today and   ...

*post high record subject to change if you keep sticking your tongue out

Hey, no fair! I made the original high of 65 at 3:25 p.m. just to find out you changed the rules! (The tongue isn't sticking out at you --it's sticking out at Musky!)

Yeah, the pickled beets post definitely kick started a LOT of stuff! Sounds like I MIGHT of brought most of it on myself though! Now, our good friend Tim, is to blame for this thread - NOT me! I think he wanted to make sure I had a proper way to become jwtalk's all time high poster! haha

I'm sure You'll do 5 pages all by yourself.

That sounds like a direct challenge and since today is Labor Day and I don't even have to go to work - you guessed it - I'll be in here ALL DAY LONG! I'll be resurrecting dead topics, creating new ones, posting in the "talk with the moderator's" section, changing my status every hour on the hour! I'm getting ready to set the all time high posting record this site has ever seen! By the way - try to keep up, I'll be moving at an "extremely brisk pace". hehe!

You might want to pick up the pace a little.

65! That might be a long shot even for me Tim! At this time of day I'm losing posts faster than I can gain new ones! (All my posts from 24 hours ago are being taken off my total and I'm losing posts as the minutes tick by!)

65!   ...   you may want to go back and read my last post   ...  http://jwtalk.net/forums/topic/16758-shalitalktalk/page-2#entry239128  

...    undying love and affection  ...   is that what you call it!   

...   you forgot about that 10 minute edit grace period!   

75   and the mods won't mess with your title   ...   maybe   .... well at least you'll get a new title.   ...   80 if you keep talking back!    hahahahhahahaaahahahhaa

>>>        Shali said: "I addressed this on my post BEFORE this one (#46)! Keep up Tim!"     <<<

I can backward edit while you keep forward posting   ...   keep up Brige    ......   hhhaahaaahhahahaaha

Edited by timpin

I'm sure You'll do 5 pages all by yourself.

You might want to pick up the pace a little.

65!   ...   you may want to go back and read my last post   ...  http://jwtalk.net/forums/topic/16758-shalitalktalk/page-2#entry239128  

...    undying love and affection  ...   is that what you call it!   

...   you forgot about that 10 minute edit grace period!   

75   and you get a new title!

I addressed this on my post BEFORE this one (#46)! Keep up Tim!