JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Woman beheaded in Oklahoma

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3512 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I just told four different people at work about this. I expected some kind of response. All 4 of them had the exact same reaction. Nothing. was like they didn't even hear me.one of them made a joke about a pork sandwich. It didn't phase them at all.

Edited by User_123

That woman got up this morning and went to work. In a million years did she ever think she would be beheaded there?!!! Or anywhere for that matter? I'm surprised more people aren't shut in's by now.

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

Depending on how these extremists get in touch and keep in touch with each other, an order could of gone out telling everyone who is with ISIL, no matter what country they live in, to behead as many infidels as possible.

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

Depending on how these extremists get in touch and keep in touch with each other, an order could of gone out telling everyone who is with ISIL, no matter what country they live in, to behead as many infidels as possible.

My boss said the other day that he thought there are already people implanted here that are just waiting for the word, "go".  I wouldn't be surprised if this did indeed start happening.  Doesn't the Bible make reference to it when it says "neighbor will raise his hand against neighbor'?

Jehovah let your kingdom come!

Certainly not mentioned here in the UK news. Unusual as the threat of that happening in Australia was on our news but not an actual one??? Strange.

EDIT

Right it seems it was to do with the fact he got angry because he had just been fired. Not terrorism related.

Edited by Mykyl

Yes, he had been recently fired, however, the news stories I've read also state that he had trying to convert his coworkers to Islam.

Maybe he was angry that they didn't convert?  Maybe he was fired for trying to convert? We don't know all the details, but it's my understanding that this ISIS has sent a worldwide message to all Muslims to kill any in their respective countries who are against them.....

Stay tuned....

I had never considered Isis being a part of "Babylon the Great," but since they stand for their warped view of Islam religion, I guess they could be considered a part of false religion...And since they will kill all who object to their beliefs they very well could be one of Satan's key pawns at this time. :blink:

I live in a temporary reality- awaiting the day I wake up to life in the real world!

Many leaders of Christendom will go in front of their church, or on the street corners, or even on radio and tv, saying things like "someone needs to kill those people", referring to abortion doctors, homosexuals, or any others who are condemned by Christendom. But as soon as someone obeys their command and carries out the murder, those same church leaders will deny any blame, claiming the criminal to be an "extremist". Then as soon as the media gets bored, they're back on their pulpits calling for even more murder.

This is no different. The leaders of Islam might disclaim any association with al-Qaeda, ISIS, Khorasan, or any new splinter groups or lone criminals, but all these "extremists" follow beliefs that originated in false religion, and they all kill in the name of their god.

(Revelation 18:24) Yes, in her was found the blood of prophets and of holy ones and of all those who have been slaughtered on the earth.

The video of the news report is on youtube and you should see the comments on the side, get rid of this religion, get rid of ALL religion to solve world problems...this pressure cooker is getting ready to blow up right now. Time to stay close to Jehovah and our brothers and sisters.

This so-called ISIS ( which by the way is the name of an Egyptian pagan goddess ) is one of the most sick extremist

groups I have seen. At least the Nazi executions were generally by firing squad. They are so barbaric, and if in time

they show this follow has any ties to them, it will only esculate concerns here in the U.S. about how great a threat

they are to domestic security. As so many else on this thread echo " May your Kingdom Come". And in that "day the

wicked will be no More ! " Ps. 37: 10.  May it come soon !

GStorrs46

My boss said the other day that he thought there are already people implanted here that are just waiting for the word, "go".  I wouldn't be surprised if this did indeed start happening.  Doesn't the Bible make reference to it when it says "neighbor will raise his hand against neighbor'?

Jehovah let your kingdom come!

My thoughts exactly! 

I heard this morning on the news that this man has a Facebook page that is all "religious extremist" he was very much pro isil and made it known. Now they say he is expected to survive and they will prosecute him. He not only beheaded this woman but he also stabbed others but they are expected to survive also which is good news. The conditions only seen in other countries is now beginning here.

Hi friends, I am a little confused about something. I've been told by some in my congregation in August of this year, to stop watching the NEWS! Some say they don't watch it at all.

Upon learning the truth, that was a point to do as it helped to see where world events where in the fullfilling of Bible prophecy. I heard it said at the RC that the news media distort things they report.

Please help me see if I am to watch\read the news...

Proverbs 27:11- Be wise, my son, and make my heart rejoice, So that I can make a reply to him that taunts me.

Why would society have a news section in the magazines each month? I think they are speaking of propaganda and false news reports or false promises of peace through the human governments on earth. Wasn't it last year at the then called district convention showing the family watching the news in the morning when they made an announcement that the preaching was banned? I can't remember the name of that drama...anyone else remember?

http://www.jw.org/en/publications/magazines/g201412/watching-the-world/

Charlotte,

If someone told you that, I would say that is flat out wrong. :upset: We have never had any direction about not watching or listening to the news. Obviously, we have to take news stories with a little skepticism, :detective: realizing that news agencies often report in a biased way. (Avoiding apostate news stories or opinion pieces is one thing, but everyday news, perfectly acceptable). Besides, not everything the news media report is biased or incorrect and we have to be informed about things that are happening throughout the world.

It may be someone's *opinion* that you shouldn't watch the news, but as the word opinion implies, that is a personal decision. I know some in my congregation who don't like to watch the news, but that's strictly up to them and they don't tell anyone else "not" to watch it. So watch away if you wish! Personally, I can't imagine going out in the ministry :bible2: without having some idea of what's going on. A bit too cloistered, if you ask me. :ok:

Hi friends, I am a little confused about something. I've been told by some in my congregation in August of this year, to stop watching the NEWS! Some say they don't watch it at all.

Upon learning the truth, that was a point to do as it helped to see where world events where in the fullfilling of Bible prophecy. I heard it said at the RC that the news media distort things they report.

Please help me see if I am to watchread the news...

2013 December Awake! had the cover "Can You Trust the News Media?" Under the sub heading "A Need For Balance" it stated "While it is wise not to believe everything we read in the news, it does not follow that there is nothing we can trust. The key may be to have a healthy skepticism, while keeping an open mind."

I found the video of the drama on youtube the title of the drama is: Prepare Your Heart For The Trials Ahead.

Notice it was being done in the drama from society so it is not what they mean to not keep up with things. At the very beginning it shows our brother watching the news as he is getting ready to leave the home for the day.

http://youtu.be/LPR7KyLFSsU