JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Pope Francis planning visit to NEW YORK

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3467 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

https://time.com/3585061/papal-visit-usa-2015-pope-francis-united-nations-anniversary-new-york-city/

Pope planning a trip to NYC in 2015 during thr 70th anniversary of the United Nations, possibly addressing world leaders of the general assembly. Could this be a start of GREAT TRIBULATION???

Edited by mserskine

https://time.com/3585061/papal-visit-usa-2015-pope-francis-united-nations-anniversary-new-york-city/

Pope planning a trip to NYC in 2015 during thr 70th anniversary of the United Nations, possibly addressing world leaders of the general assembly. Could this be a start of GREAT TRIBULATION???

I believe we still have time. There is alot of work needs to be done in the harvest. And the start of the GT will happen when the Harlot goes and not a guy who visting the UN wears a fish head hat and a dress.

Edited by Dustparticle

Just thought something he might say to the world leaders at the UN might trigger the attack on false religion.

The declaration of peace has to come first, though his speech may contribute to the fulfilment of that scripture.

As for the start of the tribulation itself, that comes when Jehovah puts that thought into their hearts, not through the words or actions of any one man.

I believe we still have time. There is alot of work needs to be done in the harvest. And the start of the GT will happen when the Harlot goes and not a guy who visting the UN wears a fish head hat and a dress.

according to the articles, from what I gather, his visit and the 70th UN anni. is September 2015.

He might still get a good view of that Large JW.org sign, and he can still tune into tv.jw.org in the meantime to see his future - but that might cause him to cancel, if he was smart. 

Edited by timpin

I still think the tax situation would be an excellent way for the attack to happen and still be within the laws and no one could do much about it...great way to crash churches and help the economy at the same time....but just my opinion...lol

Except that rule is US only so not exactly world wide. ;)

I'm pretty sure it will catch on, and actually some already have taxed them, Italy I believe a couple years ago and the Catholic Church was having convulsions at that time...but it is only a thought. I still have that feeling that it will be a gradual attack culminating one after the other too, but who knows....oh yeah! Jehovah does...lol

I still think the tax situation would opinion be an excellent way for the attack to happen and still be within the laws and no one could do much about it...great way to crash churches and help the economy at the same time....but just my opinion...lol

My opinion: revelation 18:6-Repay her in the way she treated others, yes, pay her back double for the things she has done; in the cup she has mixed, mix a double portion for her.

"The way she treated others", The Catholic organization has treated Jehovah Gods holy anointed ones harshly! In the book (Revelations grand climax) the clergy moved the political leaders to attack Gods representatives. "Framing trouble by decree" or by the rule of law. The brothers were accused of sedition, troublemakers, Peddlers, and all other Kinds of false accusations.

Yes, pay her back double for the things she has done.... Therefore I expect to see The clergy of Christendom exposed as troublemakers, seditionists, and peddlers!

My opinion: revelation 18:6-Repay her in the way she treated others, yes, pay her back double for the things she has done; in the cup she has mixed, mix a double portion for her.

"The way she treated others", The Catholic organization has treated Jehovah Gods holy anointed ones harshly! In the book (Revelations grand climax) the clergy moved the political leaders to attack Gods representatives. "Framing trouble by decree" or by the rule of law. The brothers were accused of sedition, troublemakers, Peddlers, and all other Kinds of false accusations.

Yes, pay her back double for the things she has done.... Therefore I expect to see The clergy of Christendom exposed as troublemakers, seditionists, and peddlers!

I agree, for people to give up their precious holidays and worship of images, Christendom will have to be exposed for the liars they are.  I feel that the people will have to know that they have been "duped" all these years and in so many ways by her.  Look at all those who have gone to war with her blessing too and have lost their lives and limbs and damaged their consciences - once they find out that they did not have God's backing to do so , I don't think they will be very happy.

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

Could be, it's definitely going to be a shock when Jehovah's day of judgment is upon the churches. We can look at the examples of Sodom and Gamorrah and Noah to get a good idea. It was quick, and precise and final. I have no idea how it will be but for it to be a surprise in the final days makes me think they are continuing on in the same way until destruction. One thing I do know is that we are close now.