JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Resurrection video from recent Convention

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3400 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Are you an elder who consulted with the body on this? Did you give clear direction to those distributed to not to share or put on Internet? Intentions are nice but :

1 Samuel 15:22

Samuel then said: “Does Jehovah take as much pleasure in burnt offerings and sacrifices as in obeying the voice of Jehovah? Look! To obey is better than a sacrifice, and to pay attention than the fat of rams; 23 for rebelliousness is the same as the sin of divination, and pushing ahead presumptuously the same as using magical power and idolatry.

What was done was done.

Yes, I consulted with elders and I have even talked with the CO about it.

I have video taped DC Dramas at the request of Directors, CO or assistant CO for a number of years and given dvd's to cast and crew as well as CO's and pioneers. Yes, I agreed to not put it on the internet. Hopefully it will be done from now on by the RC.

Edited by lynn

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

You did well, I'm sure the friends appreciated it. ☺

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

Sitting in my seat in Detroit, just six months and four days after my wife had died in similar circumstances, I was naturally enough moved by this video...

However, my thoughts were with a sister with whom I'd been speaking about an hour earlier. She sat maybe a dozen seats away from me and she told me that she had held her sister's hand as she died just eight days earlier!

The reaction of the entire audience, however, showed how realistic and 'straight to the point' the video was. I'm told that in Melbourne the queue to the Ladies' room was greatly swollen after it had been shown as sisters struggled to get in there and regain their composure.

The resurrection is a vital part of our beliefs, the lynchpin of our faith. It has never been so raw and obvious to me before as it became last December. If something as personal and moving as this video can help cement the Truth into the hearts of people who haven't experienced the worst part of life so closely, and I'm sure it will, it will prove that the Faithful and Discreet Slave is on the right track.

It is possible, too, that its appearance on You Tube will enable people outside to be similarly moved and want to know more. Sure, Satan will be attempting to lure them away. Satan will be successful, too, as the bible explains. But as time is running out, both for Satan and for us to find the 'sighing and groaning' ones, we must focus on the positives and simply pray that Jehovah can reach the hearts of people via this video on You Tube.

Sitting in my seat in Detroit, just six months and four days after my wife had died in similar circumstances, I was naturally enough moved by this video...

However, my thoughts were with a sister with whom I'd been speaking about an hour earlier. She sat maybe a dozen seats away from me and she told me that she had held her sister's hand as she died just eight days earlier!

The reaction of the entire audience, however, showed how realistic and 'straight to the point' the video was. I'm told that in Melbourne the queue to the Ladies' room was greatly swollen after it had been shown as sisters struggled to get in there and regain their composure.

The resurrection is a vital part of our beliefs, the lynchpin of our faith. It has never been so raw and obvious to me before as it became last December. If something as personal and moving as this video can help cement the Truth into the hearts of people who haven't experienced the worst part of life so closely, and I'm sure it will, it will prove that the Faithful and Discreet Slave is on the right track.

It is possible, too, that its appearance on You Tube will enable people outside to be similarly moved and want to know more. Sure, Satan will be attempting to lure them away. Satan will be successful, too, as the bible explains. But as time is running out, both for Satan and for us to find the 'sighing and groaning' ones, we must focus on the positives and simply pray that Jehovah can reach the hearts of people via this video on You Tube.

The only part of your post that doesn't sit well with me is the last paragraph. It has been questioned in this forum if the video should have been posted on YouTube, for the obvious copyright reasons. It could well be considered illegal to have it posted there. Would Jehovah use an illegal means to reach the hearts of people on the outside and move them to want to know more? If these videos are to be released on jw.org, it seems more likely He would use that means.

Other than that, though, it was a beautiful post. The experiences you suffered, and those of others at the convention you mentioned, certainly drove your point home. The hope of the resurrection is indeed an anchor of our faith. It is an incentive to remain faithful. What would it be like for these ones to come back in the resurrection, and we weren't there? There is one great gift that we can give to these beloved ones when they come back: Be There!

Originally posted by Eric_Milton

The only part of your post that doesn't sit well with me is the last paragraph. It has been questioned in this forum if the video should have been posted on YouTube, for the obvious copyright reasons. It could well be considered illegal to have it posted there. Would Jehovah use an illegal means to reach the hearts of people on the outside and move them to want to know more? If these videos are to be released on jw.org, it seems more likely He would use that means.....

I agree, it is undoubtedly illegal and the video might even be pulled from You Tube...

However, dealing with situations as they exist, and there are plenty of examples of Jehovah doing this in the bible, the situation exists that people who might not know Jehovah or the bible or anything about the resurrection might well be drawn by the inclusion of the video on that vast storehouse.

Jehovah did use circumstances that came about in an illicit manner to his advantage in the past, Joseph's experience is a good example. Witnesses who have been wronged by evil people and governments have been enabled to introduce the Truth to people who would not have had that opportunity otherwise.

It's certainly not that I support the illegal uploading to this site, but that I have confidence that Jehovah can use it to his advantage. And ours.

It really was such a touching video, and what I thought was interesting was how not a single word was spoken in the video, yet the effect could be clearly seen. At the Melbourne convention, there were two rounds of applause - one at the end of the video, but one as the two women in the video embraced - at that point, everyone just gave way to emotion. I noticed, too, many brothers opening their briefcases to grab out tissues (myself included!) - it was really a moving moment.

• 2 weeks later...

Good day all.

Just as we thought. The Governing Body held back on releasing the new publications released at the various convention on jw.org, until all conventions were held.

The Brochures "Your Family Can Be Happy" & 

Also the Full Length Video "These Words ..... Must Be on Your Heart" is now available for download.

Not the resurrection videos though. 

AND. Not sure if anyone noticed the Bible Reading MP3 for Matthew from the Revised NWT!!!!

I love how different voices are used for different Bible Characters

In New Zealand we had a very specifically worded announcement about both video and audio recordings at that convention. As an interpreter I recorded the convention for my own benefit. It specifically stated that recordings for personal use, or for the benefit of those not able to attend were permitted. Such recordings were not to be shared on the internet for general access. I know I have the start of that announcement right, but I lost audio at the end, so it is from memory, please forgive my imperfection if that is the case.

*Forgives Phillips imperfection! *chuckles

I think it's really unloving at the very least to put videos onto public display ahead of the organization - we all had the opportunity of looking forward to our conventions without knowing the surprises ... it should be the same for those whose conventions are still going on or haven't yet started. (I think from memory the 2014-2015 rounds of conventions end at the end of this month?)

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."