JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Android Lollipop 5.01 on Samsung phone

My Samsung S4 phone just updated to Android 5.01 ( Lollipop ) today the 28th. Build date is April 24/15.

You need 3 Gb room on device to install and you lose 1 Gb from previous build, when update is finished.

Wonder when tab 3 update is coming, since it is not available at time of writing.

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

My ATT S5 updated a week or so ago to Lollipop .

I haven't noticed any real differences other than the pop-ups for notifications. 

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

My Samsung S4 phone just updated to Android 5.01 ( Lollipop ) today the 28th. Build date is April 24/15.

You need 3 Gb room on device to install and you lose 1 Gb from previous build, when update is finished.

Wonder when tab 3 update is coming, since it is not available at time of writing.

I don't think that the tab 3 will ever get lollipop. They won't bother that much. The manufacturers only seem to update only few of the latest phones and that's it. ( Although there can and will be custom roms )

About lollipop.. i've been using it for a while now and i like it. Everything seems so smooth. Plus my battery life is extended due to project volta.

My S5 updated a couple of weeks ago and I don't notice much difference except for the colors and notification pop-ups.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

I have noticed that the brightness of the screen is a lot lower. This should save battery power, but it will be much harder to see in bright lights or out in sun.

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

I don't want to update to Lollipop..I hope my Note 3 phone doesn't do it automatically! I understand "es file explorer" will write to the ext. sd card with this update..but I don't mind using "my files" for that..

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

My Samsung S5 updated in January and had it 2nd lollipop update in March, if I had my time over again, I wouldn't update it. The OS runs like a dream, but nearly 3.5 gb of memory??? :o :o No thanks.

quotes

"For I dipt into the future, far as the human eye could see; Saw a vision of the World, and all the wonder that would be" Alfred Tennyson