JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Pope Decides To Recognize Palestine As A State Without Negotiations

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3267 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

The Pope has some saying he has overstepped when he signed a treaty with Palestine recognizing them as a state. This is the same thing that Israel and Palestine and U.S. have been meeting and negotiating forever. But while they are working on a peace deal the Pope sneaks in and signs this treaty angering everyone else involved except for Palestine.

Well here we go, the Pope may have started a series of issues with this side move...I can see the political powers trying to punish him for doing this without their consent or input. Israel is very agitated with him right now.

Good ... More meddling the better ...:)

Zeph 3:17 Jehovah your God is in the midst of you. As a mighty One, he will save. He will exult over you with rejoicing. He will become silent in his love. He will be joyful over you with happy cries....... Love it....a beautiful word picture.

If it is by complete surprise then what a better situation than when they are causing the government's problems with their agendas. The Pope obviously CAN do this through the Vatican however, I think the part they feel is out of line is his timing right when they have been spending so much time on negotiations... But yay!!! Keep making them mad Pope.

According to the latest August 2015 study watchtower the end will come suddenly regardless of political situation at that time.

When Jehovah " puts into their hearts" to destroy BTG no pre existing political situation will effect or stop that.

The point of the Watchtower is: the end can come anytime even today or tomorrow.

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

I like the sound of that but Jesus gave us signs to look for, and that would be fulfilling the remaining prophecies. i am looking forward to others thoughts on this.

Of course Trina.

I just found the  August Watchtower very interesting.

The 2 articles there is the food provided at the time when we need it and is ..so refreshing !

I don't have time to elaborate on the points stated there because I am going out in the ministry but maybe later... 

Fulfilling the remaining prophecies only indicate how deep we are in the last days ... and this is very comforting.

But the day of Jehovah will strike suddenly nobody will anticipate this.

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

As I recall, the standing Vatican policy is to follow the lead of the UN in recognizing governments.

In this case, the UN recognized Palestine as a "Non-Member Observer State" in 2012 (this status is identical to that held by Vatican City).

This is newsworthy since this is the first official treaty to acknowledge the 2012 UN decision. That said, while the pope's move isn't going to please Israel or their allies, it's not exactly a unilateral decision, and it's unlikely to cause any tension with the UN itself.

Edited by Stavro

According to the latest August 2015 study watchtower the end will come suddenly regardless of political situation at that time.

When Jehovah " puts into their hearts" to destroy BTG no pre existing political situation will effect or stop that.

The point of the Watchtower is: the end can come anytime even today or tomorrow.

WT is right. No matter what political situation it is,  that is when the sucker punch comes in.

Very excellent comments! It is true, they will shock everyone even us for a second and then we will realize what is happening and then we will stand firm no matter what. Anyone have the chance to see the video on jw.broadcasting From Our Studio Gerrit Lösch: Fortified by "the Prophetic Word"? Really good speaking about the steps of prophecy fulfillment.