JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

August 15 Watchtower - Download

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3227 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

As seen in the first post, The first article is the life story of Br. Jackson of the Governing Body.

It is also Geoffery Jackson that reads the audio version of the article.

http://www.jw.org/en/publications/magazines/w20150815/let-many-islands-rejoice/

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

"Prepare Now for Life in the New World"

par 7: "Today, of  course, we do not know where each one of us may be assigned to live in the new system of things.

However, cooperation will bring us contentment and great happiness as we do Jehovah’s will wherever we live on earth at that time."

par 8: "We may have ideas about where we would like to live in the new world, but we may be asked to move to a different area.

Regardless of where we will then serve and what we will do, we can be sure that we will be grateful and contented, brimming with joy."

At that time those who fear Jehovah spoke with one another, each one with his companion,

and Jehovah kept paying attention and listening..." ~ Malachi 3:16

• 2 weeks later...

WOW!!!!!

READ the article, "Keep in Expectation"!!  Paragraphs,5-7 and 17, the slave makes it VERY clear that the end of this system will happen any day now!!!

I have goose bumps all over and have been texting all the Witnesses I know to download and read it!!

second study article - simplified only - a highlighted blip ... "The attack on

false religion could

happen quickly

and at any time"

second study article - simplified only - a highlighted blip ... "The attack on

false religion could

happen quickly

and at any time"

I LOVE it!!!  I can't believe more of you are not posting about this!!!

WOW!!!!!

READ the article, "Keep in Expectation"!!  Paragraphs,5-7 and 17, the slave makes it VERY clear that the end of this system will happen any day now!!!

I have goose bumps all over and have been texting all the Witnesses I know to download and read it!!

WOW is right!  At work and I quickly had a look.  VERY direct.

Another great quote from the simplified version:

"So even if we feel that we have been waiting a long time, this does not mean that the end is far away or that it
is not coming in our lifetime."

And the paragraph 7:

7 Some could think that before “the
great tribulation,” there will be war in
every country and that most people
will be sick or starving. (Revelation 7:
14) But if that happened, it would be
obvious to everyone that Bible prophecy
was being fulfilled.
It would be
clear even to people who are not interested
in what the Bible says. Remember,
Jesus said that in the last days,
most people would take “no note.”
They would be living their normal daily
lives and would be shocked when Jehovah’s
day comes. (Read Matthew
24:37-39.) Clearly, we should not

expect world conditions to become so
bad before “the great tribulation” that
people would be forced to believe that
the end is near.
—Luke 17:20; 2 Peter 3:
3, 4.

This is by far, the BEST Watchtower to date!!!!  Here come those goosebumps again!!

Edited by zoebarry

I must admit that I was jittery about the decision to change to the Simplified Wt as a congregation since Jan 2015. As a native English speaker, it is quite easy to assume that all congregation members understood the regular edition. Now, I think it is one of the best decision made....I understand the study articles even more. And like others pointed above, it does not beat around the bush. It is simple English and to the point!

I'd read the regular edition online but I'm especially looking forward to reading the simplified one with interest!

I LOVE it!!!  I can't believe more of you are not posting about this!!!

For being out @ two weeks, I was surprised too.

WOW is right!  At work and I quickly had a look.  VERY direct.

...   maybe others are missing the forcefulness & urgency that seems to be stressed.