JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community
We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3242 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I still have the T.V. Guide article that was published about her in the 70's!  She came to our congregation here in the 70's  for about a week, when there was a ton of persecution against the witnesses in Malawi and we held a huge assembly at the Embassey Theatre in Fort Wayne, IN about it and she spoke against all the atrocities they were suffering.  It is something I will never forget.

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

A couple of months ago some friends and I was talking about her in the field service. One brother was joking and said  that I might married her in the New World. I said that if not her, it might be Dorothy Dandridge. In all, Teresa Graves was a very very very very very sweet sister and when i see her in the New World, I will give her a big hug.

Edited by Dustparticle

I still have the T.V. Guide article that was published about her in the 70's!  She came to our congregation here in the 70's  for about a week, when there was a ton of persecution against the witnesses in Malawi and we held a huge assembly at the Embassey Theatre in Fort Wayne, IN about it and she spoke against all the atrocities they were suffering.  It is something I will never forget.

I think got that TV guide somewhere in my library

A couple of months ago some friends and I was talking about her in the field service. One brother was joking and said  that I might married her in the New World. I said that if not her, it might be Dorothy Dandridge. In all, Teresa Graves was a very very very very very sweet sister and when i see her in the New World, I will give her a big hug.

I can understand our sweet sister Theresa Graves...My Brother Glenn...but Dorothy Dandridge, she was kind of wild, unless you can sing like Harry Belafonte  :whistling:

I can understand our sweet sister Theresa Graves...My Brother Glenn...but Dorothy Dandridge, she was kind of wild, unless you can sing like Harry Belafonte  :whistling:

Dorothy had a sad life and end to soon. That will change in the new world. Yes, I'm not a good singer, but I can be on the wild side. :loopy:  :loopy:  :loopy:

Sister Teresa Graves was mentioned in the thread about Bro. Prince Rogers Nelson. Audio's about her life can be found in other places but here it is from bro. David Silver's website and on windows media player:

http://dwsilver.com/special.html

Do yourselves a favor, if you want a great faith strengthening read! Open your wt cd rom, and read this wonderful story. You won't regret it.

Graves, Teresa: g77 4/22 16-21

I have on many occasions read this. It is also a joy to listen to Sister Graves describe how she came into the truth at aDistrict Convention while being interviewed.

Her vibrant personality really comes through!!!!

"Teresa Graves

Many of you no doubt remember Teresa Graves. She was a well-known actress in the 70's.

She was known especially as the first African-American actress to star in her own hour-long TV series, "Get Christie Love".

About that time she came into the truth and you can read her story in the April 22, 1977 issue of Awake! magazine. pages 16-21.

Sadly, she died in a house fire in 2002 at 54 years of age.

This interview was done at a circuit assembly some time in the in the 70s. It is mp3 audio only and is about 36 minutes long." (Quoted from Bro. Silver's site)

http://dwsilver.com/special.html

Edited by hayhauler

• 2 weeks later...

I love her story. Have listened to it many times and i always end up with a lump in my tbroat especially when she gets the exact dates off to atfend the assembly. Her study conductor wasnt surprised when teresa excitedly told her this. The conductor knew that Jehovah would help her. It makes very emotional that part as we have such a wonderful God. If anyone has the 70s article about her, scan it in and share would you? Also, if anyone ever met her can they tell us more about this wonderful sister? Was she as livley in person? Such a shwme she died so tragically but she is assured of a ressurection

She sat a couple seats away from me at a convention at Dodger Stadium in the mid 70's. I didn't talk to her because there were a lot of young sisters trying to get her autograph, even during the session. That was a little embarrassing...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

She sat a couple seats away from me at a convention at Dodger Stadium in the mid 70's. I didn't talk to her because there were a lot of young sisters trying to get her autograph, even during the session. That was a little embarrassing...

I heard girls or sister use to scream at the convention when Micheal Jackson came.