JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Pay to pray...

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3201 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/fla-church-sends-single-mom-dollar1000-collection-notice/ar-AAd2BM7

A Florida woman gets a $1000 collection notice from her church.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

SMH  :mellow:

So Much Hurt?

So Many Hours?

Still My House?

What is SMH?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Sounds similar to what Christendom pulled on me when I was studying.

You know how you need to let them know you no longer want to be a member? Well, one of the churches I wrote to (yep, there were more than one), wrote me back and said:

"When a member no longer give their dues, they are no longer a member."

So I just wasted paper, ink and stamp money. All that time I wasn't a member anyway because there was no money given.

A crying shame! :(

I think this is very sad and I wish this woman would speak to one of the brothers or sisters soon. She wouldn't believe that we offer FREE home bible educations and as many prayers as needed!

I actually have a Bible study who used to attend a baptized church.  She was in a very bad car accident.    6 to 7 months of rehab or more of rehab.   She never received a visit from anyone while in hospital, nor at rehab.   Not even a phone call.     But one day she received a letter from the church telling her that she would be removed from the church roles if she did not catch up on her tithes.   She said that she never responded to them.

I met her in the house to house work.   She has attended one meeting.   She wants to come to the convention.   She would have to travel about  25 minute train ride.   Also, I don't know if she can sit all day.    She still experience pain.   She will never be completely well until NS.    But I hope that maybe she can make it for a few half days.

I had no idea some churches treated their members like that!