JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

And now for a quick look at your local weather...

If we keep getting rain I will have to put a boat motor on the back of my truck.

John, I heard on the local radio this morning we are on a voluntary water conservation, we haven't had any measurable rain in 70 days! They're so concerned that when meteorologists did a study the City Council was interested and looked into it. They're saying we can't expect any measurable rainfall until October 31st. Everyone at the meeting gasped. Also when I drive across the Oregon/Washington bridge I can honestly say I'm startled, I've never seen that much sand in the river. The shipping lines are so distinct because it's one of the few places there's any water. And that's saying a lot because the river is just around 3-31/2 miles across. I'm sure this isn't the first time we've had drought like this but it's so unique and unusual here. We had a dune fire last night near Fort Stevens Park that burned 27 acres before it was stopped, the drive to work this morning was still smokey.   

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

John, I heard on the local radio this morning we are on a voluntary water conservation, we haven't had any measurable rain in 70 days! They're so concerned that when meteorologists did a study the City Council was interested and looked into it. They're saying we can't expect any measurable rainfall until October 31st. 

I pray it rains on October 31st. I always pray it rains on October 31st.... :depressed:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

• 2 weeks later...

Yup. I went back to the assembly hall after the meeting to help spread the landscape bark and it was 102F today.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

It was 103F here today and the visibility was so bad it almost looked like a foggy day. The delta breeze will usually keep this area clear but it is bringing in the smoke from some of the fires north of us.

It was 103F here today and the visibility was so bad it almost looked like a foggy day. The delta breeze will usually keep this area clear but it is bringing in the smoke from some of the fires north of us.

You may wanna check e-Bay for one a' these things:  

post-5984-0-80551100-1439911118.gif

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

You may wanna check e-Bay for one a' these things: 

No kidding.

Speaking of Scott Air Packs. The ERT Manager made an adapter so he could inflate the truck tires with an air bottle. It was funny watching him use a Scott air bottle to fill a flat tire in the field.

• 4 weeks later...

It was 106F today but it's a dry heat so it really didn't feel like it was more than 105F  :(

It's supposed to be 106F tomorrow and I'm scheduled to work at the Assembly Hall again. Last week we spread about 60 yds of bark throughout the landscaping. Tomorrow we are cutting down a dead Cyprus tree and hauling away a huge pile of brush that has accumulated from various landscaping projects the last couple of years.

It's warm here again too Richard, but we've had the fog roll in late in the day so it helps. But the humidity is insane. I sweat just thinking about moving.

Gonna have to go back to watering the garden again by this weekend.

I guess there was a salmonella outbreak in the cucumber fields this year, a brother who wanted to make pickles couldn't. But this sun has helped mine grow, I hope to have enough for him to get a couple cases of pickles. I have plenty of pickles made so am happy to know they will be well used.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

We had extreme thunder storms today. Felt it coming on and took one of my, non-narcotic, back tablets for a ruptured disk, yesterday pm. So I was afraid I might have written something extremely stupid on this site. The verdict is not in yet. Anyone is welcome to remove any illogical posts. This morning I had a migraine (weather-related) and missed am service group. Went to some afternoon calls. The rain was torrential and not penetrating the overly-dry ground. Every driver's right side tires were water-covered, and it looked like the next thing to flash-flooding. Got home while at least two of my tires were making contact with semi-dry ground.  :eek: