JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

What Are Your Spiritual Goals for the 2016 Service Year? 

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3084 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

First I thought of "unofficially" aux. pioneering to see if I could do it. But first I had to get my house "up to par". Then I thought of aux. pioneering - but  first I had to get my house "up to par". I talked to another sister (who is younger than I am) about my plans. She is a regular full time pioneer. She said something that made sense to me. She said that there will always be something I'll have to do or "get up to par." So after much prayer, thought and consideration (I had to talk it over with my husband who is not a witness, but is very supportive), I am turning in my application to regular pioneer tomorrow! I know that with Jehovah's help I can make it!

Don't blame me, I voted for God's Kingdom! :uhhuh:

I am turning in my application to regular pioneer tomorrow! I know that with Jehovah's help I can make it!

Very nice !

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Our CO is here this month, so I am aux pio. I have made my schedule so that 30 hours is viable. Next month, try for 50 hours, following month, apply to

auxil, but gradually incease hours to 70. If I can accomplish 70 for several months, apply for reg pio.

Edited by kejedo

And learn how to relax.

Seriously! Relax my head as in thoughts (my thoughtS are all over the place as in first this thought, then that thought and in between another thoughtS. The bipolar? Probably so. Dealing with our imperfections is serious work. Then on top of that there's mental illness. No wonder I'm tired. I want to do this and that yet that and this hardly ever gets done.

Anyway, that's another goal: relax and take one day (and thing) at a time. Just like Jesus said.

Edited by Luezette

Our CO is here this month, so I am aux pio. I have made my schedule so that 30 hours is viable. Next month, try for 50 hours, following month, apply to

auxil, but gradually incease hours to 70. If I can accomplish 70 for several months, apply for reg pio.

When I spoke to a regular pioneer and told her that I was planning to do just as you plan to do (doing 50 then going on to do 70 hours), she explained to me that when auxiliary pioneering you HAVE to meet the 50 hour requirement monthly whereas regular pioneers don't have to meet the 70 hours monthly as long as they meet the yearly requirement. When I sat down and looked I what I was doing, I realized that I was only short 2 hours a week short of the 17 and a half hours required weekly to fulfill the 70 hour a month requirement. These can be fulfilled doing informal witnessing, letter writing or phone witnessing. So I have decided to take another "plunge" so to speak and turn in my application for fully time pioneer.

Don't blame me, I voted for God's Kingdom! :uhhuh:

I can pretty much hit 30 with my regular calls and studies. I just have to adjust my schedule to 50. When I was reg pio, I found the diff between 50 and 70

was an obvious and not difficult transition. Congrats to all of our brothers and sisters who are working on new service year goals.

Our congregation has a tendency to not approve reg pio for someone who has been doing about 30 hours per month. They suggest that you aux pio for a while

(sometimes for a year) and increase rvs and Bible studies. I don't need a Sept pio goal, as I have already been to pioneer service school. In our cong, if

you have already been doing 70 hours, you are more likely to be approved as reg pio.

• 2 weeks later...

I think, I gotta improve on my love for the whole association of brothers.

I've got to take an interest on how our brothers are doing in court and legal battles they are facing.

If it was me persecuted in prison, I would appreciate the brothers'prayers. I should do the same for others.

• 5 weeks later...

My goals are in progress already:

1- have an answer for bible highlights/bs/and any review and 3 for WT. (so far so good)

2- get out in service at least once a week for 4 hours. OR support Sunday service and get 2 hours (or both...err maybe)

3- get balanced with my interests/hobbies and service. I'm a tactile person, physical, and the slowness of service is more exhausting than working 4 hours. I'm               someone who's mantra is "get in, get done, get out", trying to work on that. Sigh, that's my kryptonite, being physical. I'll get jittery and crabby. 

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34