JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

What Are Your Spiritual Goals for the 2016 Service Year? 

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3113 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

My work situation is changing in a good way - less hours, a permanent contract (healthcare..better than the one my husband gets!) and slightly more money - so I am hoping to hand in my form for REGULAR PIONEERING on Sunday at the meeting to the service committee. 

Aside from that, i want to make sure that I read the bible each and every day - at the moment I sometimes miss days. 

Also, my other goal is to be more patient/long suffering with my husband. He is an elder that (due to his age - he's 34) is called on and wants to help out with the younger ones not only in our own congregation but also in some others. I need to stop feeling as selfish and know that sometimes - if he needs to be out visiting on shepherding calls, or even on service with others - it is for the greater good of Jehovah's service. I love him for a reason, the young ones in our hall and neighboring halls love him as well - and if he can help keep them serving Jehovah, then all the better. 

I pioneered full time for close to five years and I had to stop after i had my second child.I have three kids now and I feel I am ready to resume .Sometimes I feel I should not go ahead because I don't want to stop again after the first experience.But deep down my heart, its what I want, I have started  auxiliary pioneering indefinitely to 'warm up'

* exercise more patience in all areas of life 

* persevere with callbacks & improve quality of the visit

* recognize blessings and thank Jehovah for them, specifically

* seek out/ make use of public witnessing opportunities 

(like our sister did in 'condition chicken' thread, that was awesome)

* continue pioneering but more importantly, circulate the pioneer spirit

* every day, to not leave the house and face this world without at least having read 1 chapter of God's word. aloud.

At that time those who fear Jehovah spoke with one another, each one with his companion,

and Jehovah kept paying attention and listening..." ~ Malachi 3:16

Since September is approaching.. Can you share your spiritual goals for 2016 Service Year?

brother Bryan good thread :thumbsup:

you started this, please list your goals too   :D

At that time those who fear Jehovah spoke with one another, each one with his companion,

and Jehovah kept paying attention and listening..." ~ Malachi 3:16

My wife found a great article in the WT 7/15/04 about spiritual goals. We plan to consider it together in our FW.

"Use Spiritual Goals to Glorify Your Creator"

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2004525

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

For those of us who are (like me!) not used to set precise goals, here are some very practical ways to do:

*** yp1 chap. 39 p. 282 How Can I Reach My Goals? ***

Now my goal is to set my goals precisely…

…well, as soon as I finish preparing my talk / discussion on this point at the service meeting tonight..!  :unsure:

For those of us who are (like me!) not used to set precise goals, here are some very practical ways to do:

*** yp1 chap. 39 p. 282 How Can I Reach My Goals? ***

Now my goal is to set my goals precisely…

…well, as soon as I finish preparing my talk / discussion on this point at the service meeting tonight..!  :unsure:

My wife and I were asked to give the demonstration for our meeting tomorrow night.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

1.) Get out of this depression

2.) Work on my horrible faults

3.) Regain the level of faith I had not too long ago

4.) Redevelop the close prayer relationship I had

5.) Get into a regular study routine with my wife

6.) Help my wife overcome her fears to become an UP

7.) Continue to "choose life" (Deuteronomy 30:19)

1.) Get out of this depression

2.) Work on my horrible faults

3.) Regain the level of faith I had not too long ago

4.) Redevelop the close prayer relationship I had

5.) Get into a regular study routine with my wife

6.) Help my wife overcome her fears to become an UP

7.) Continue to "choose life" (Deuteronomy 30:19)

I do pray that Jehovah " change your mourning into dancing" this svce. year. Ps 30:11

Psalms 51:6 "In the secret self...may you cause me to know sheer wisdom"

My wife and I were asked to give the demonstration for our meeting tomorrow night.

The couple I have choosen did a kind of self interview, great!

Only 2 sisters and one brother raised their hands when I asked who was used to work with 'goals setting'. So I 'appointed' them coaches for all the others!

As a former teacher, we used to explain goals by pointing out they have to be achievable and measurable.  For instance: My goal is to lose weight.  That is a wish not a goal.  A goal would be: I will lose 10 pounds in 6 months.  That is achievable and measurable. So to say, I want to go out in service more is a wish (a good one).  To make that a goal say: I will add one more hour of service each month this year. . 

At our International Convention is Detroit (in 2014), The speaker asked us what our goals would be in the coming year.  Become a Pioneer?, a regular Aux Pioneer? a Ministerial Servant?, an Elder?, go to Bethel or the SKE school?, learn a new language?, help the LDC?

I rejoined the Reg. Pioneer ranks, was appointed a MS, and took a class in Spanish and attended Pioneer School.  Now I have to start on this year.

Note: the acronym SMART is applied to goals (Simple, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic and Timely).  Thoughts without actions are daydreams.

I want to be BALANCED! I want to be able to get in a good routine of daily bible reading/study, make all the meetings (and have them studied for), as well as do a good job of taking care of my household, and get out in the ministry at LEAST once a week with the goal of increasing my days when I get in a good spiritual routine.

Stuff comes up in life and it knocks me off kilter and I usually end up leaving something out and then another and then trying to get everything all caught up and on track again - I just want to be BALANCED in everything - not underly or overly extreme. ARGGGHHH!

I agree with these good thinking comments from . This is real. Must be all us BALANCED, it is a factor for get them, our rhythm, our way

I`m sure your demonstration was interesting, Richard!  :)

So... what are your goals?

“The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance, the wise grows it under his feet.” 

I`m sure your demonstration was interesting, Richard!  :)

So... what are your goals?

:D

Be better prepared for return visits

Share in public witnessing at the local college (starts this month)

Auxiliary pioneer every time the 30 hour option is available

Submit my DC-50 for LDC

Note: the acronym SMART is applied to goals (Simple, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic and Timely).  Thoughts without actions are daydreams.

I'm glad you brought this out. If we set a goal to increase our field service, just adding one minute means we have reached our goal. Being specific is very important.