JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

What Are Your Spiritual Goals for the 2016 Service Year? 

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3084 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I want to be BALANCED! I want to be able to get in a good routine of daily bible reading/study, make all the meetings (and have them studied for), as well as do a good job of taking care of my household, and get out in the ministry at LEAST once a week with the goal of increasing my days when I get in a good spiritual routine.

Stuff comes up in life and it knocks me off kilter and I usually end up leaving something out and then another and then trying to get everything all caught up and on track again - I just want to be BALANCED in everything - not underly or overly extreme. ARGGGHHH!

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

Make some improvements in the way I work in the ministry.

Improve my personal study habits.

Set my short and long term spiritual goals. I asked DH tonight about it in terms of OUR goals.

Keep making personal application of Matt. 6.

Work more on being a spiritual person by working to apply bible principles.

Edited by MzT

Come join our service group singers......♫ Grant us boldness we witness....help us overcome our fear. ♫

What Tammi said. Seriously. Every single one.

In addition, always ask Jehovah about my plans like David did, be more encouraging.

Also, and this may seem like it's not spiritual goals but take better care of myself such as in what I eat and how much (good ole self control), sleeping habits including just learning how to relax, better exercise routine. This way I think we can use our bodies better in serving Jehovah. It'll give us more physical strength. It's not about joining a gym or anything like that, justva few stretches each day even if from the bed or chair.

Edited by Luezette

Oh, and pray more. Not only as in "can I have" etc, but thank you thank you thank Jehovah.

I'm doing it now but would like to increase praising Jehovah more so about his creations such as the beautiful flowers, etc. He'll appreciate a simple "that's a beautiful flower Jehovah." He's not hard to please. I walk down the street, see one (yes even where I live. Amazing. Lol), and praise him for it/them. It doesn't have to be out loud, just inwardly. He can hear us.

Edited by Luezette

Since September is approaching.. Can you share your spiritual goals for 2016 Service Year?

Sent from my Nexus 7

I had to leave the full time ministry, but I am working on acquiring a part-time job so I can go back.  I found a job washing labware which is part-time (20 hours) it pays 23/hr (what I make now full time) and I am heavily begging Jehovah for this one to be the right one.

I had to leave the full time ministry, but I am working on acquiring a part-time job so I can go back.  I found a job washing labware which is part-time (20 hours) it pays 23/hr (what I make now full time) and I am heavily begging Jehovah for this one to be the right one.

Sister, any of us who had to leave-off or pause pioneering, for any reason, feels hurt in the heart. In pioneer school one CO reminded us that all publishing Jehovah's Witnesses are full time ministers. Although we frequently use terms like "full time service," unlike Christendom, we are always serving Jehovah and always on the ready. The time we spend in our theocratic assignments, (not even counting field service) far exceeds any time commitment of church members or their clergy. As for secular jobs, they are temp bandaids, and subject to change.  :encourage:

I want to be BALANCED! I want to be able to get in a good routine of daily bible reading/study, make all the meetings (and have them studied for), as well as do a good job of taking care of my household, and get out in the ministry at LEAST once a week with the goal of increasing my days when I get in a good spiritual routine.

Stuff comes up in life and it knocks me off kilter and I usually end up leaving something out and then another and then trying to get everything all caught up and on track again - I just want to be BALANCED in everything - not underly or overly extreme. ARGGGHHH!

It's like you read my mind, Sis! I so need to be balanced. I need to get a better routine for the ministry, my household chores, etc. Once I can get that going, I want to try aux. pioneering, even if I just unofficially do it to see how it goes. All of this will take some time, but I have to start somewhere.

Don't blame me, I voted for God's Kingdom! :uhhuh:

Personal study on Prayer and meditation. Improve quality of both

Take out and work a personal territory

Invite the CO to my home for lunch under my own steam ( I don't cook so good and previous invites have always been in collaboration with another sister)

Auxiliary pioneer more than 3 times in the year with a long term goal of regular auxiliary.

Lose ten pounds ...(oops -not a spiritual goal... sorry, my bad)

Sister, any of us who had to leave-off or pause pioneering, for any reason, feels hurt in the heart. In pioneer school one CO reminded us that all publishing Jehovah's Witnesses are full time ministers. Although we frequently use terms like "full time service," unlike Christendom, we are always serving Jehovah and always on the ready. The time we spend in our theocratic assignments, (not even counting field service) far exceeds any time commitment of church members or their clergy. As for secular jobs, they are temp bandaids, and subject to change.  :encourage:

You are correct of course and my current work has allowed for me to give a witness to those who are not home when my brothers and sisters are out in the field.

I am able to give a witness to my manager who asks about my weekend plans at times and this past Friday I spoke of how there were some who were protesting outside our facilities. He was supremely shocked. I'm unsure why that particular topic arose but it was the right one because he goes I know they certainly don't deserve that.

1. Remain faithful to Jehovah

2. Eat more chocolate

3. Take stronger medicine

In that order or are #2 and #3 tied?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D