JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

'Nice' surprise

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3093 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Outcome - A couple of serious prayers and re-planning and we on track for 50.

Very nice!

Don't be too embarrassed, you aren't the only one that has done that.  :)

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

BTW - Only the 'Not knowing the hours' part was embarrassing.

I'm not sure it's popular there but here we can aux pioneer for 30 during the memorial and 30 when the CO visits.

So maybe covertly check around and see if that exists too :).

Edited by cerebral ecstasy

Now this is embarrassing.

After being cold in the truth for many, many years, and getting back some 2 years ago, my wife and I, decided to Auxiliary Pioneer last year during the Memorial Campaign. We were quite impressed that we made the 30 hrs.

Last month, we decide to do it again.

PS have I told you how very proud I am if you?! Look at you go!!!!!

Edited by cerebral ecstasy

I'm not sure it's popular there but here we can aux pioneer for 30 during the memorial and 30 when the CO visits.

So maybe covertly check around and see if that exists too :).

If I'm not mistaken that information came in a KM..

For 4 CO visits in a row we had the privilege to have 2 30 hours months per each visit. This because each visit started in a month and ended in other, so both months were available! :)

I think those are the official times.

*** km 6/13 p. 2 par. 1 Increased Opportunities to Laud Jehovah ***
This past March, a new arrangement went into effect, giving publishers the opportunity to auxiliary pioneer with a 30-hour requirement each March and April and during the month of the circuit overseer’s regular visit. If the visit of the circuit overseer spans two months, publishers who apply for the 30-hour requirement may choose one month or the other to auxiliary pioneer. All auxiliary pioneers may attend the entire meeting that he has with the regular and special pioneers. This means that if the 50-hour requirement is out of reach for us, we can still “laud Jehovah very much” as auxiliary pioneers up to four times a year with the 30-hour requirement!—Ps. 109:30; 119:171.

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

If I'm not mistaken that information came in a KM..

For 4 CO visits in a row we had the privilege to have 2 30 hours months per each visit. This because each visit started in a month and ended in other, so both months were available! :)

Was in a letter as well.

I think instructions indicate the option is to choose between the months when the CO visit straddles parts of two months.

Quoting the letter: "To all congregations, January 21,2013.

If the circuit overseer’s visit (Tuesday through Sunday) includes days from two months, the auxiliary pioneer may decide which month he would like to have the 30-hour quota."

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

I think those are the official times.

*** km 6/13 p. 2 par. 1 Increased Opportunities to Laud Jehovah ***

This past March, a new arrangement went into effect, giving publishers the opportunity to auxiliary pioneer with a 30-hour requirement each March and April and during the month of the circuit overseer’s regular visit. If the visit of the circuit overseer spans two months, publishers who apply for the 30-hour requirement may choose one month or the other to auxiliary pioneer. All auxiliary pioneers may attend the entire meeting that he has with the regular and special pioneers. This means that if the 50-hour requirement is out of reach for us, we can still “laud Jehovah very much” as auxiliary pioneers up to four times a year with the 30-hour requirement!—Ps. 109:30; 119:171.

Was in a letter as well.

I think instructions indicate the option is to choose between the months when the CO visit straddles parts of two months.

Quoting the letter: "To all congregations, January 21,2013.

If the circuit overseer’s visit (Tuesday through Sunday) includes days from two months, the auxiliary pioneer may decide which month he would like to have the 30-hour quota."

Interesting... I only did one month but was convinced that could do both

Thanks for refreshing my memory ;)

Jako, ummm Richard said that you aren't the only who did that with the hours eh? Well believe it! For reading your post I just did it, hahaha! In other words until I read your post I was still thinking Aux pioneering was a choice with 30 hours, forget the CO visit/ccampaign. Oh brother!

So you are not indeed the only one. Lol.

Edited by Luezette

Last month, we decide to do it again. After handing in our application forms, and being approved, our Service Overseer asks me, "How many hours are you going to do?"

"30!", I reply, with a beaming smile, secretly proud of our bold move to Aux Pioneer while both of us work full time and have 3 children.

He laughs! I get worried. "You do know you got to do 50? This is not a campaign month."

Hi Bro. Jako,  excellent and congrats.

It was good  that your Service Overseer asked you beforehand  how many hours you were going to do.  Otherwise you would have ended up doing 30 hours (unknowingly) and it would have been more embarrassing to you that you could not complete your auxiliary pioneering.    Jehovah helps.

Agape

...   and full time Pioneering will be reduced too!

Again?     :lol:

I did it!!!!!!

Got 3 hrs to go to reach 50 hrs with 7 days to spare.

How? Lost of hours over weekends and evenings. And I took 3 days leave from work last week and worked 5 hrs a day.

The most satisfying blessing for this month. We met a homeless couple in streetwork on Saturday morning 2 weekends ago. Not only at a time nobody is in the serveice yet, but also at a spot we wouldn't usually stand.

Not only are they homeless, but the woman is also 3 months pregnant. His mother is a witness (so he has been studying in the past, but not able to break away from bad habits)

She grew up as an atheist and was telling us how her father taught them that they should not be rude to people, but may swear and be rude only to JW's.

Anyway, we started a study with them that very same afternoon. They have attended both Watchtower studies since and both of them commented in the first study.

I can only thank Jehovah for an incredibly satisfying reward for a tough month. I will do it again every month if I could.

Now for our RC this coming weekend

• 2 months later...

Now this is embarrassing.

After being cold in the truth for many, many years, and getting back some 2 years ago, my wife and I, decided to Auxiliary Pioneer last year during the Memorial Campaign. We were quite impressed that we made the 30 hrs.

Last month, we decide to do it again. After handing in our application forms, and being approved, our Service Overseer asks me, "How many hours are you going to do?"

"30!", I reply, with a beaming smile, secretly proud of our bold move to Aux Pioneer while both of us work full time and have 3 children.

He laughs! I get worried. "You do know you got to do 50? This is not a campaign month."

Moral of the Story - Don't leave Jehovah's Org. You miss very important developments. AND will be embarrassed!!!

Outcome - A couple of serious prayers and re-planning and we on track for 50.

Blessings to make this possible - My mother who live close by offered to cook twice a week for supper.

- Our 14 year old daughter who never wants to look after her 6 years old twin brothers, offered her services (Free of                                                          charge)

Interesting advantage - For the first 5 years of the twins' life, we wondered when we would ever have the chance to spend some time alone. Last year, after just a few days, we realised. All we had to do is pioneer. It was the best 4 weeks of our married life. Alone, no children (only on Sat & Sun morning) for at least 25 hours.

hah ! what a way to have some alone time without the rug rats...