JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Not Your Father's Root Beer!

Oh dear me!  Is this ever GOOD!  It is a new 6 point beer that we are just starting to sell and if you LIKE root beer you will really enjoy this.  It is from a small town brewery--hence the manufacturer name Small Town Brewery.  It has been very hard to get regular because the demand has been so high.  They will have to amp up prodcution.  Try it and let me know what you think.

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

Better be careful with it.  The distributor told me today that Samuel Adams has the Coney Island Root Beer but the Not Your Dad's Root Beer is having a "glass bottle shortage issue" so their production is down for a little while.  What--I"ll send them all my empty bud bottles!

LeslieDean

Hey everybody, I'll pick you up....we're going to Shawn's house he has a CASE! Look for a big Ford, lotsa room!

I'll grab a couple of bottles of wine for the trip!

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Oh dear me!  Is this ever GOOD!  It is a new 6 point beer that we are just starting to sell and if you LIKE root beer you will really enjoy this.  It is from a small town brewery--hence the manufacturer name Small Town Brewery.  It has been very hard to get regular because the demand has been so high.  They will have to amp up prodcution.  Try it and let me know what you think.

I just had a Root Beer Float with this stuff. WOW.  My Brothers and Sisters are always helping me find joy!  Thanks for the wonderful direction.

Your welcome Mike!  I sometimes get worried thinking what will you guys think of me posting so many things about liquor!   I don't drink that much and my husband has not drank in about 20 some years.  Since he owns a bar the liquor reps are always showing me the new trends and all the new products so it is not like I am out hammering the streets every night. ;)  It just comes with the territory.  I since I love to cook I have really learned about using all alcohols in cooking.  Not just wine and beer.  It is amazing how much alcohol will step up the level of cooking when you know how to use it.  Just tell me if you want to know something and I'll find out for you.  But I guess you have Google for that!

LeslieDean

Your welcome Mike!  I sometimes get worried thinking what will you guys think of me posting so many things about liquor!   I don't drink that much and my husband has not drank in about 20 some years.  Since he owns a bar the liquor reps are always showing me the new trends and all the new products so it is not like I am out hammering the streets every night. ;)  It just comes with the territory.  I since I love to cook I have really learned about using all alcohols in cooking.  Not just wine and beer.  It is amazing how much alcohol will step up the level of cooking when you know how to use it.  Just tell me if you want to know something and I'll find out for you.  But I guess you have Google for that!

Ya know getting to know you Leslie has been so fun. You help me think outside my 'cooking' box. You encourage me to use different ingredients, ones I wouldn't ordinarily think of. And the use of booze in cooking, like chili or stews?? OH MY! Keep it up friend, I'll always listen!

I think I need to find a beer....it's well past 5!

Edited by bagwell1987

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

Utto!  See, that was what I was worried about! :uhhuh:  Getting a reputation as the one who only posts about alcohol!  I am kidding.  I think that is a very clever title.  I also thought about one for the busy housewife.  Easing the fears and learning how to use a pressure cooker.  Call it "Cooking Under Pressure".  But really, I have found out that there is not one single recipe you maker that you can not add wine, beer, hard liquor to that won't improve it 10 fold.  Even Whiskey Glazed Carrots are outstanding.  I find that I can make a fabulous side dish that makes someone just want to consume that for the entire meal.  I am using rums, liquors (butterscotch schnapps, peppermint schnapps, coffee liquors, watermelon liquor in fruit salads) the combination is endless.  You would not believe the variety of alcohol unless you start looking at distributors sales catalogues.  If you walk into a super size liquor store and just start browsing you will be truly amazed.  Then you realize that the stores can not possibly stock all that is made.  This is still something that fascinates me about Jehovah.  His variety is limitless.  Flowers, trees, sea creatures, --I wonder what he will create for us in the future?

If you like I will post some cooking with alcohol specific recipes.  The variety is astounding!

LeslieDean

If you like I will post some cooking with alcohol specific recipes.  The variety is astounding!

Please post your favorites, I would love to try them out. 

I haven't used liquor in cooking in quite some time since Bill says that it is alcohol abuse. lol

This might help me enjoy cooking. A little for me, a little for the food and a little for me.. etc. haha

Have you guys drank the wine from the winery yet?  I need to go back.  Maybe in a month we could meet up again!

I will start a thread devoted to the use of spirits with cooking.  (I guess I should say alcohol/spirits)  I am going to have to look in to why alcohol is referred to as spirits.  The term "lift your spirits comes to mind"--wonder if they are connected.

LeslieDean

I am embarrassed to ask, but what is across the border?  I should probably know this.  In fact, I am sure I should know this.

Try it over a scoop (or three) of vanilla ice cream!  It makes a delicious dessert!

I have not tried the Coney Island yet (producer Samuel Adams) but I am sure they are as equally as good!  Plus I like Coney Islander (restaurant/fast food) here--they have these little miniature chili dogs with thinly grated cheddar cheese and minced onions that they serve this root beer float with.  Awesome!

Edited by LeslieDean

LeslieDean

Hahaha Sorry, Leslie. Using language more common to Canadians, I guess.

Just means that we went into the U.S. 90% of Canadians live within 100 miles of the US border so it's a common occurrence for us here.

Thanks for the tips. I'll try them.

I looked for other brands in the different grocery stores we were in, but all I could find was Coney Island. So far, I like.

Ya know getting to know you Leslie has been so fun. You help me think outside my 'cooking' box. You encourage me to use different ingredients, ones I wouldn't ordinarily think of. And the use of booze in cooking, like chili or stews?? OH MY! Keep it up friend, I'll always listen!

I think I need to find a beer....it's well past 5!

Cheryl

I am glad to see you a responsible imbiber, 5 PM I assume?

When we had our boat at Ilwaco no alcoholic beverages were served until the 'sun rose over the yardarm.'

Because the sails easily got tangled with the yardarm we kept it in the very bottom of the boat.

Solved two problems. :)  :D  :lol:

And now for the Coney Island beer.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.