JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Patterns of Evidence - Exodus -highly recommend

My wife and I just finished watching this new documentary from a film maker named Timothy Mahoney. I would highly recommend watching this as it reconciles the Bible Exodus with Egyptian history.

I've always known that the dating of Egyptian events has been wrong and that these dates must be moved. However, I didn't realize why Egyptologists stubbornly refuse to admit why they won't reconcile the dates with the evidence. The consequences of doing so is HUGE!

Although there were things that weren't mentioned, perhaps this filmmaker will deal with them in a future documentary. After all, this film is almost a full 2 hours itself!

Towards the end Timothy Mahoney says that he's not an archaeologist, just a filmmaker. However, he's probably more of a archaeologist than he realizes. For as he states throughout the film, he is letting the evidence lead to the conclusion. Something science says they do, unless of course it conflicts with their preconceived notions of what they consider to be fact and unchangeable. In this case, chronological dating.

It once again proves the Bible being the accurate source from a historic standpoint.

Highly recommend watching this.

Sorry, I forgot to mention where I watched it: Netflix.

It was released this year, I believe. The name of the documentary is: Patterns of Evidence: Exodus. I don't know if this movie can be downloaded, purchased or watched elsewhere. But I'm sure a quick Google search will give the answer.

• 6 months later...

I have watched this documentary several times.  I played it on Netflix for my son and daughter-in-law.  They attend meetings and assemblies and conventions, but do not have Netflix.  When you open Netflix just search for patterns of evidence.

I also looked into the Insight book and found that, according to bible chronology, all of the things in this video are close to the timing of the move into Egypt and the Exodus. Just look at "chronology" in the insight book.  The Exodus happened around 1513 BCE according to bible chronology.  That fits perfectly with the facts concerning the so-called "Hyksos" in Egypt. 

Edited by Witness1970

I loved that documentary.

One thing I learned aside from the historical facts was the willful ignorance and stubbornness of contemporary scholars. Changing their beliefs and dates would surely give the Bible the credibility they don't want it to have.

Too many would rather the Bible not be credible. Had the book of Exodus been a purely secular document, they'd be trying to confirm it.

The truth is that if archaeologists said they were looking for proof of the Exodus the Egyptian government would not let them dig there.  They do not want people finding proof of the Exodus.  If the archaeologists say that they are looking for information about the Hyksos expulsion from Egypt the government is favourable.  The archaeologists have to deny the Exodus to get permission to dig for evidence of the Exodus.

Edited by Witness1970

3 hours ago, Witness1970 said:

The truth is that if archaeologists said they were looking for proof of the Exodus the Egyptian government would not let them dig there.  They do not want people finding proof of the Exodus.  If the archaeologists say that they are looking for information about the Hyksos expulsion from Egypt the government is favourable.  The archaeologists have to deny the Exodus to get permission to dig for evidence of the Exodus.

That's interesting.

So it is quite possible that we will NEVER see physical evidence of the Exodus. How wise does it now seem for Jehovah to have it written down!

8 hours ago, Witness1970 said:

4 hours ago, Bob said:

That's interesting.

So it is quite possible that we will NEVER see physical evidence of the Exodus. How wise does it now seem for Jehovah to have it written down!

I do not mean to indicate that all archaeologists are saying that for that reason.  Some of them may actually believe that the 13th century BCE date is correct.   The truth is we are getting proof of the Exodus as long as the Egyptian government does not know that is what is happening.  We just have to look at the evidence properly.  Jehovah has arranged it so that the truth is coming out whether the Egyptian government wants it to or not.  And maybe, in Jehovah's due time, the archaeologists will realize the error in their date.

• 5 weeks later...
On ‎4‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 4:42 AM, Witness1970 said:

I do not mean to indicate that all archaeologists are saying that for that reason.  Some of them may actually believe that the 13th century BCE date is correct.   The truth is we are getting proof of the Exodus as long as the Egyptian government does not know that is what is happening.  We just have to look at the evidence properly.  Jehovah has arranged it so that the truth is coming out whether the Egyptian government wants it to or not.  And maybe, in Jehovah's due time, the archaeologists will realize the error in their date.

I forgot about his discussion!

I think perhaps since the Exodus, Biblically, paints Egypt as a defeated World Power that had zero shot against the God of the Bible, they don't want that being confirmed. Its even more insulting to them that their own captives defeated them (I know, Jehovah actually).