JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Another movie from the scriptures

Friends, keep in mind that many of these Hollyweird executive producers of the faux bible stories are of Jewish extraction and most, if not all, will take serious liberties with the Biblical accounts all in the interest of the mighty dollar and high ratings.

Some time ago the exec producer of "Noah" admitted that the movie's depiction was not historically accurate but he didn't care; that this was his own dramatic interpretation of the story.

(Proud to say that I haven't seen one faux bible movie in years. I was disgusted to see the animated "Prince of Egypt" some years back because of all the inaccuracies in that movie as well.) Side note: I once heard that Cecil B. DeMille had deep respect for the Bible and wanted to portray the "Ten Commandments" as closest as he could to historical account. I have to give him credit for that at least.

"Of Jewish extraction?"  I don't understand what their ethnic or religious background has to do with the creating of movies for profit.  Typically movies are made in the interest of the mighty dollar and high ratings.  Most, if not all, movies adapted from books take liberties.  The biblical movies of late have taken more liberties than in the past.

Again, I do not understand why you emphasized "Jewish," 

Do you understand how that sounds when a specific race, nationality or religious group is emphasized when complaining about a decline of quality?  

Friends, keep in mind that many of these Hollyweird executive producers of the faux bible stories are of Jewish extraction and most, if not all, will take serious liberties with the Biblical accounts all in the interest of the mighty dollar and high ratings.

I don't understand this comment.

What particular interest do Jewish producers have in twisting Bible accounts? Specially accounts like the Exodus, which is the foundational stone of the Jewish nation and faith?

Maybe you meant something that is escaping me, but it sounds like old plain anti-Semitism.

I don't like the direction this topic is going. Creating our own script sounded like fun but I'm not interested in participating if the script infers homosexuality. I know I have a choice to just leave and not judge those that stay, so I'd appreciate if someone will PM me if this topic gets back on track. 

Brother Richard you are absolutely correct, even in jest this should not be brought up, it leaves a crooked thought in ones mind that you can't unsee.

Hey...sometimes you seem like two different people. 

"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart Be pleasing to you, O Jehovah, my Rock and my Redeemer."

He said Jewish extraction because 95% of holiwierds producers and movie stake holders are jewish. Look it up. 

They do not respect the bible or at least the Christian Greek Scriptures so why on earth would they know what is even in it let alone now it accurately? 

I have seen none of the bible based movies that have been made in the last 15 years or so. They are full of lies and I do not want to see how they defame our God and His Lamb at all. I will not go to see this one and see how they ruin the life of our one of our foremost apostles.

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritadi

If all else fails --- Play Dead Possum Lodge Moto -- Red Green

He said Jewish extraction because 95% of holiwierds producers and movie stake holders are jewish. Look it up. 

They do not respect the bible or at least the Christian Greek Scriptures so why on earth would they know what is even in it let alone now it accurately? 

I have seen none of the bible based movies that have been made in the last 15 years or so. They are full of lies and I do not want to see how they defame our God and His Lamb at all. I will not go to see this one and see how they ruin the life of our one of our foremost apostles.

The religious or ethnic background was a non sequitur.  The movies of late that have been terrible are both taken from the Hebrew scriptures.  

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I will have to say that I have NOT seen these things in those movies because I did not watch those movies.

I have heard that the way you described them is how they were done and how they portrayed "Biblical" events ...... and I do believe, from what I have heard, that their twisting of the Scriptures is absolutely true but, I cannot say that I personally know or have seen that to be the case

I also agree that, with the way things are today, you are right, they will portray Paul in a way that best sells tickets, not what the Bible says.

My wife heard that Exodus: God's and Kings was supposed to be good. I had watched about 5 minutes of the beginning of "The Bible" on history channel and could not watch any more. I warned my wife that she would be disappointed at the Exodus movie. She watched a few minutes of it and could watch no more.

Too bad the people who make those movies know so little about the bible.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk