JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Another movie from the scriptures

Wolverine as the apostle Paul cool!!

I wonder if that explains how wolverine got his special healing ability???

Hugh Jackman is in the frame to star as the Jewish and then Christian religious leader.

The "Wolverine" star would also produce, alongside Matt Damon and Ben Affleck of the Pearl Street production company, reports Deadline.

It's the latest in a run of faith-based films to come out of Hollywood including Ridley Scott's "Exodus: Gods and Kings" and Darren Aronofsky's "Noah."

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

Wolverine as the apostle Paul cool!!

I wonder if that explains how wolverine got his special healing ability???

Hmmm...I always wondered what Paul was talking about when he said he had a thorn in the flesh*... :D

* The above comment is not to be taken literally. No research required.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

If it wouldn't be sacrilegious, maybe we could come up with some plot for this movie that is totally inaccurate. You know, like the Exodus movie or the Noah movie.

I'm liking the Wolverine link. St. Paul of the claws.

And he absolutely has to dress like the pope does now.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

If it wouldn't be sacrilegious, maybe we could come up with some plot for this movie that is totally inaccurate.  You know, like the Exodus movie or the Noah movie.

I'm liking the Wolverine link.  St. Paul of the claws.

Hence my "oh dear" comment. I actually like Hugh Jackman as an actor. But these faux bible based movies are terrible. They honestly remind me of those barely gospel songs that tries to use a well known secular beat but "gospel" words. You know, to make it pleasing to the Lord and all.

Plot:. Basically could be any basic Jackman movie... But I'm liking the mash up of Jean Valjean (from Les Misérables) and Wolverine. A tortured man who now sees the light after a chance meeting with Jesus but with super powers and stuff.

SMH because I'm sure that's nearly the final distillation of the movie. Oh and Beyonce will sing the end credits cuz she's, well, Beyonce.

Come join our service group singers......♫ Grant us boldness we witness....help us overcome our fear. ♫

Plot:. Basically could be any basic Jackman movie... But I'm liking the mash up of Jean Valjean (from Les Misérables) and Wolverine. A tortured man who now sees the light after a chance meeting with Jesus but with super powers and stuff.

Does he wear a leather jacket?

Does he have a motorcycle or horse called "Is me"?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Does he wear a leather jacket?

Does he have a motorcycle or horse called "Is me"?

Depends. Is he a modern day version or a costumed version of the past?. Wolverine time traveled and wore clothing that fit in with that period, sooooo. What mode of transportation fits?

Sadly Qapla's right. He will likely have a love interest or have an implied interest in someone of same sex. Yuck!

Come join our service group singers......♫ Grant us boldness we witness....help us overcome our fear. ♫

Sadly Qapla's right. He will likely have a love interest or have an implied interest in someone of same sex. Yuck!

Probably, though it doesn't necessarily have to be the main protagonist who they carry out their hit on. Could be Peter, John, some other contemporary.

Probably, though it doesn't necessarily have to be the main protagonist who they carry out their hit on. Could be Peter, John, some other contemporary.

There is a hit man?

You mean Judas faked his own death and is now taking out the Apostles one at a time but Paul figures out who the hit man is and stops him?

I don't like the direction this topic is going. Creating our own script sounded like fun but I'm not interested in participating if the script infers homosexuality. I know I have a choice to just leave and not judge those that stay, so I'd appreciate if someone will PM me if this topic gets back on track. 

I don't like the direction this topic is going. Creating our own script sounded like fun but I'm not interested in participating if the script infers homosexuality. I know I have a choice to just leave and not judge those that stay, so I'd appreciate if someone will PM me if this topic gets back on track. 

Sorry. Guess we're just bracing for the next big shocker.

I understand what you're saying but, really, anything is possible. We've seen the Noah movie that glorified the rebellious Angels, and the Exodus movie that made Jehovah out to be nothing more than a cruel, vindictive, child.

Whoever is behind this movie is going to throw truth out the window and pander to whatever they think their audience will like.

Well, I will have to say that I have NOT seen these things in those movies because I did not watch those movies.

I have heard that the way you described them is how they were done and how they portrayed "Biblical" events ...... and I do believe, from what I have heard, that their twisting of the Scriptures is absolutely true but, I cannot say that I personally know or have seen that to be the case

I also agree that, with the way things are today, you are right, they will portray Paul in a way that best sells tickets, not what the Bible says.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

Well, I will have to say that I have NOT seen these things in those movies because I did not watch those movies.

I have heard that the way you described them is how they were done and how they portrayed "Biblical" events ...... and I do believe, from what I have heard, that their twisting of the Scriptures is absolutely true but, I cannot say that I personally know or have seen that to be the case

I also agree that, with the way things are today, you are right, they will portray Paul in a way that best sells tickets, not what the Bible says.

You're much wiser than I am. I mean that sincerely. I kind of regret going to see them, but I can't change the past. I was curious as to how they would be portrayed. Next time I'll wait until they've been out long enough for reviews to appear.

Same here.  I have NOT seen any of the recent bumper crop of faux Bible movies.  However, based on descriptions from friends who have or items discussed in the media, it's been easy to determine basic plot points that are long on the director's interpretation, short of bible accuracy (like the teenage angst over losing a girlfriend in Noah). 

I have 100% belief that the film will do everything to show Paul in a "modern" light and will NOT be an accurate portrayal that hues closely to the bible. 

• 1 month later...

Friends, keep in mind that many of these Hollyweird executive producers of the faux bible stories are of Jewish extraction and most, if not all, will take serious liberties with the Biblical accounts all in the interest of the mighty dollar and high ratings.

Some time ago the exec producer of "Noah" admitted that the movie's depiction was not historically accurate but he didn't care; that this was his own dramatic interpretation of the story.

(Proud to say that I haven't seen one faux bible movie in years. I was disgusted to see the animated "Prince of Egypt" some years back because of all the inaccuracies in that movie as well.) Side note: I once heard that Cecil B. DeMille had deep respect for the Bible and wanted to portray the "Ten Commandments" as closest as he could to historical account. I have to give him credit for that at least.

Edited by Omo_Yeme