JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Are we closer to the end then we think ?

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3131 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

On Sept. 28, Xi Jinping will make his first speech as China’s president to the United Nations General Assembly in New York. Ahead of his talk, China’s foreign ministry helpfully published a list of amendments it would like to see the international body make, “so as to turn the vision of the UN Charter into reality at an early date.”

Some, such as the suggestion that, the world needs to come together to make [the UN] a strong champion of peace and security,”

http://qz.com/507640/chinese-president-xi-jinping-will-arrive-at-the-un-armed-with-a-list-of-things-he-wants-changed/

It is possible that we are witnessing the very last days of this old system of things ....

The nations are pushing for peace and stronger UN (eight king)

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

No harm in hoping or keeping looking. One day it absolutely will be. I really hope we are that close.

I am not dogmatic on those matters but there is extraordinery push for peace at UN, I hope as well !

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

"U.N. Secretary General Ban Ki-moon said the occasion marked the first time in the 70-year history of the organization a pope had attended the opening ceremony of the General Assembly, and it was the largest gathering of world leaders." - The WSJ

Hope it strikes gold this time ^_^

paradise.eternity.glory

It seems more and more evident that these powerful nations that have been in opposition to one another for the entirety of the LoN and UNs existence are recognizing their only path to influence the world stage in a time with only 1 superpower is going to be through the UN.

Russia, China (both on the security counsel eith veto power) are seeking legitimacy and leadership roles in the UN. I bet at some point we see them start cooperating with the US on some issues for a quid pro quo on others.

It seems more and more evident that these powerful nations that have been in opposition to one another for the entirety of the LoN and UNs existence are recognizing their only path to influence the world stage in a time with only 1 superpower is going to be through the UN.

Russia, China (both on the security counsel eith veto power) are seeking legitimacy and leadership roles in the UN. I bet at some point we see them start cooperating with the US on some issues for a quid pro quo on others.

I will be not surprised about this. The hand writing was on the wall a long time ago.

https://www.facebook.com/201108903351730/photos/a.201109386685015.42711.201108903351730/508759319253352/?type=3&theater

Edited by Dustparticle

A recent magazine stated that they may think they are close to solving some of the worlds problems. So doesn't seem that there would have to be any actual peace anywhere.

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2012681 Paragraph 3

, just before that day of Jehovah begins, world leaders will be saying “Peace and security!” This may refer to one event or to a series of events. Nations may think that they are close to solving some of their big problems

A recent magazine stated that they may think they are close to solving some of the worlds problems. So doesn't seem that there would have to be any actual peace anywhere.

, just before that day of Jehovah begins, world leaders will be saying “Peace and security!” This may refer to one event or to a series of events. Nations may think that they are close to solving some of their big problems

Awesome. Thats exactly what i was looking for.

And this korean leader is saying peace and security about every other word:) keep it up!

They may not actually have the world problems solved or what they think is solved before they say peace and security. ..very interesting

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

You can't walk with God while holding hands with the Devil.

Depends on how close to the end you think we are.  If you think the end is going to come in an hour, then no, we're not closer than you think.

Some friends 3 years ago said the end would come in the next 3 years.  We're still here.  Obviously they thought the end was closer than it was.  So, again, the end is not closer than those ones think.  

Depends on how close to the end you think we are. If you think the end is going to come in an hour, then no, we're not closer than you think.

Some friends 3 years ago said the end would come in the next 3 years. We're still here. Obviously they thought the end was closer than it was. So, again, the end is not closer than those ones think.

I don't think the end is going to come in a hour !! I'm just saying how interesting the saying of peace and security maybe. ..

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

You can't walk with God while holding hands with the Devil.

I think we're reaching a watershed moment in history.  Europe and the Middle East are at a breaking point.  We have the largest refugee crisis in history since World War 2.  We have ISIS rolling through the Middle East causing enough problems that governments such as the US and Russia are wondering what can be done.  We have Greece that is tottering on the brink of an economic abyss so deep that the rest of the European Union is concerned.  On top of this is the increased concern about global climate change and it's effects on the world scene.  

All of these issues are reaching a breaking point at the same time.  If the world is in the worst crisis since World War 2 (as noted by the refugees) and we are not a world at war, then that means this is the worst peacetime crisis in history.