JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

"Back to the Future" Marathon on OCT-21-2015

So, several local theaters are showing the "Back to the Future" trilogy on Back to the Future day, October 21, 2015.  If you've seen the movies, you'll remember that is the date In BttF 2 where Marty goes to the future.  We're planning on going to the movies.  Tickets are $15 for all 3 movies.

http://www.geek.com/news/back-to-the-future-trilogy-returns-to-theaters-on-actual-day-marty-traveled-to-2015-1628412/

Edited by Shawnster

I love the first and third of that trilogy, still not too interested in the second. Just saw all three a few weeks ago when they played on cable, it was fun to see them all again! I remember when I first saw BTTF - it blew my mind it was so good and I still feel that way. They sure don't make them like that anymore!

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

• 3 weeks later...

I'm leaving in an hour and 15 minutes.  The movies start at 4:30pm.  They said the intermissions will be half hour between each movie.  We'll see.

We have a group of us going.  Myself, my wife, and at least 1 more sister from the hall.  There were others that said maybe, so I'll find out when I get there.

I'm leaving in an hour and 15 minutes.  The movies start at 4:30pm.  They said the intermissions will be half hour between each movie.  We'll see.

We have a group of us going.  Myself, my wife, and at least 1 more sister from the hall.  There were others that said maybe, so I'll find out when I get there.

So, what was it like? Are you still tired? :lol:

Chrissy :wave:

It was fun.  We stayed for all 3 movies.  There were a lot of people that left after the 2nd.  Some arrived after the 1st movie started.  There was a nice crowd but the theater was not sold out.  They gave out wristbands for discounted drinks and hot dogs.  Each intermission was half an hour long between the movies.  

It was fun.  We stayed for all 3 movies.  There were a lot of people that left after the 2nd.  Some arrived after the 1st movie started.  There was a nice crowd but the theater was not sold out.  They gave out wristbands for discounted drinks and hot dogs.  Each intermission was half an hour long between the movies.  

Sounds good :)

The only problem I have with such marathons are my eyes. They already are quite dry - even without looking at a screen - and after 3 movies I would need a new pair of eyes :blink: :blink:  :blink: 

Chrissy :wave:

I would definitely go to a marathon like that if it just showed the first and third movie.  Time after time I've tried to watch the second movie and I just can't follow or lose interest.  The great thing is - you really don't need to watch the second movie to enjoy the third!  

P.S. I really like Pacific Rim - would love to watch it in Imax but I know that will never happen and apparently a sequel is out of the question too.

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

I would definitely go to a marathon like that if it just showed the first and third movie. Time after time I've tried to watch the second movie and I just can't follow or lose interest. The great thing is - you really don't need to watch the second movie to enjoy the third!

P.S. I really like Pacific Rim - would love to watch it in Imax but I know that will never happen and apparently a sequel is out of the question too.

The second movie was bad. I watched it all the way through, but it was not as good as the other two.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk