JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

You Gotta be Kidding me: Putin vows to protect Christians worldwide

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3090 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I guess anything to cover your sinister plot works!  OR is this just another ploy to invade other countries where there are no Russians who "need" protection!

http://www.europeanguardian.com/78-uncategorised/europe/332-putin-vows-to-protect-christians-worldwide

Dial back the vitriol and the rhetoric, just a bit, please.

I guess anything to cover your sinister plot works!  OR is this just another ploy to invade other countries where there are no Russians who "need" protection!

Who are you talking to???

Just kidding. My wife yells at the TV so I'm use to it... :)

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

What's wrong with what i said? So you actually think this is genuine?

Maybe I'm reading this wrong but it looks like Kirill is jealous of the pope getting the lime light so he was looking for a little face time with Putin in front of the cameras Putin agreed to whatever Kirill said because it shows that Russia and it's church will take action while others talk

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

What's wrong with what i said? So you actually think this is genuine?

We are a worldwide discussion board of Jehovah's Witnesses.  This board includes members from Crimea, Ukraine and Russia.  These brothers and sisters tread lightly when it comes to neutrality.  What we might consider harmless discussions about foreign political figures hits close to home for these friends.  

I'd say the same thing to someone that accused Obama as being the next Hitler.  Such comments get dangerously close to stepping over the line of neutrality.  Even if it's painfully obvious that a world leader is acting like a tyrant or an evil despot bent on world domination, we do well to keep our comments in check for the sake of our brothers and sisters living under those regimes.  

Since they are all rulers of governments controlled by Satan, we really can't say one is better than the other.  Our speech and word choices might indicate to some that we are taking sides in political matters.

And, if I thought what you said was completely out of line, I would not have approved the post.  

Since they are all rulers of governments controlled by Satan, we really can't say one is better than the other. 

And, if I thought what you said was completely out of line, I would not have approved the post.  

I've lived both under Russian and Ukrainian governments (besides USSR) and I'm absolutely sick of any propaganda. 

Now I can feel its smell from 100 miles away.

You just can't imagine the total amount of false information that we get here from both sides!  :sick:
Seems like everyone has its own sort of political fever

Please, do not get infected over there. :)

who cares if the news is from the "far right" or the "far left". if there is truth in the story its worth sharing. both far right and far left news have their own agenda. you wont find this type of story on other far left sites bc it doesn't fit their agenda, or many other stories that put christians in a good light or positive story. it bothers me when i hear others discredit news from sites, like fox news for example, they scoff and say thats a far right news agency, which basically is saying you should only believe the left news agencys like abc, nbc, cnn. what are we following the world and chosing our news based on our political beliefs. or do we search both sides of the story and look for truths. all these news agencys have their own agenda and slant their stories to favor the right or left. we should find and share news with truths in them no matter who wrote it this particular news story has merit no matter who wrote it.

who cares if the news is from the "far right" or the "far left". if there is truth in the story its worth sharing. both far right and far left news have their own agenda. you wont find this type of story on other far left sites bc it doesn't fit their agenda, or many other stories that put christians in a good light or positive story. it bothers me when i hear others discredit news from sites, like fox news for example, they scoff and say thats a far right news agency, which basically is saying you should only believe the left news agencys like abc, nbc, cnn. what are we following the world and chosing our news based on our political beliefs. or do we search both sides of the story and look for truths. all these news agencys have their own agenda and slant their stories to favor the right or left. we should find and share news with truths in them no matter who wrote it this particular news story has merit no matter who wrote it.

Preach!

You do realise the story is from a far right wing "news" site? Whilst the gist of the story may have some truth, the spin on it clearly exposes the agenda of the publishers.

I do recognise the sarcasm in your post however.

Yeah, there seems to be come people who were taking this seriously. lol  I can't imagine why unless they were Russian themselves but even that is not a complete excuse.  Russians are completed fooled by the propaganda.

We are a worldwide discussion board of Jehovah's Witnesses.  This board includes members from Crimea, Ukraine and Russia.  These brothers and sisters tread lightly when it comes to neutrality.  What we might consider harmless discussions about foreign political figures hits close to home for these friends.  

I'd say the same thing to someone that accused Obama as being the next Hitler.  Such comments get dangerously close to stepping over the line of neutrality.  Even if it's painfully obvious that a world leader is acting like a tyrant or an evil despot bent on world domination, we do well to keep our comments in check for the sake of our brothers and sisters living under those regimes.  

Since they are all rulers of governments controlled by Satan, we really can't say one is better than the other.  Our speech and word choices might indicate to some that we are taking sides in political matters.

Point taken!  I could see your point more clearly if I was talking about Obama and I was talking about him badly all the time. Putin? Seriously, i think this one is hard. My point of shock, however, is due to the fact that IT IS the RUSSIAN ORTHODOX CHURCH asking PUTIN to protect Christians everywhere!  The Russian Orthodox Church is ONLY interested in protecting itself. It has persecuted JWs, Pentacostals, Baptists, Roman Catholics, etc. It is hard to imagine that either one of them is really interested in protecting Christianity. I mean seriously?

I agree with brother Tony...I want to know what his definition of Christian is...

Russian Orthodoxy.

From what I've read, he does seem to be a devout Russian Orthodox. Many other mainline Christians are persecuted even Catholics. I don't think Catholic were even allowed in Russian for years.

i just thought this was a joke even if he did say it!  Generally I agree with you. Yet still, we have to be careful about spreading this world's propaganda. There is poison in the air only God knows which voices and what noise will stir the "sons of disobedience" to action! 

Some propaganda can be so well crafted that it is hard to sort out the truth.

Isn't the orthodox church of russia considered christian?  If i remember they somewhat splintered off of Catholicism?  So i'm not surprised he mentioned Christianity.   

Its becoming blurry now. But I think Orthodoxy broke off of the Roman Catholic Church (RCC) around 1000 CE.  Since then, these two factions have been at enmity. Each excommunicating the other. The Russian Orthodox Church (ROC), a sect of Orthodoxy, has churches worldwide. These nationalized groups are not centralized like the RCC and thus they are more like Protestant Denominations to each other. They also consider themselves the catholic or universal church. I'm not sure if they actual use those terms today.