JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Do you include in your time? Cleaning KH, Assembly Halls, etc?

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3078 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

This statement is partially incorrect. While we do not count time for cleaning the LOCAL KH. At least in the US, there is an organized method for REGULAR pioneers to receive credit for their time spent cleaning the Assembly Hall during weekly cleaning. This is covered when you receive your assignment from your Service overseer or COBE. But this is not something that you decide to do on your own. Also, to be clear, this is different from the congregation cleaning assignment the day of a circuit assembly. There are currently NO provisions to credit that time.

To illustrate that, it's managed like RBC work. A regular pioneer will receive credit for doing assigned work at an RBC project but they don't just show up at any project, drink coffee and count their time...They are only given credit for the hours they do assigned work..

I know, I know...it's LDC, not RBC...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Obviously, as the revised OD book brings out, we wouldn’t want to impose our conscience on others in this regard. So, this is basically my own interpretation of what the OD books says. For myself personally, as long as I am out in the ministry, I am counting my time. Regardless of the possibility of sitting in the car for X number of minutes if someone wants to do a return visit, you’re still involved in the ministry. The OD book says that the hours we report “is the time you spend participating in the house-to-house ministry, making return visits, conducting Bible studies, or otherwise witnessing informally or publicly to people who are not dedicated, baptized Witnesses.” The conjunction “or” means any or all of those things are acceptable in counting your time.

The first part there about participating in the ministry – I am out in the ministry, participating in the ministry work, whether or not I’m at the door or talking to people. I could work an entire morning and not talk to a single person. I’m still out in the ministry. That being said, if we know an RV is going to take a while or possibly turn into a study, we may plan ahead and run and do another RV, a few doors, or something while the others are at their RV/study. But, sometimes that is not possible. It still doesn’t mean you’re not out in the ministry.

If we stop for a break of more than a few minutes, I will stop counting my time because technically we are taking a break from the ministry. However, it doesn’t have to be. During those times, instead of stopping your ministry, you could just switch to a different form of ministry – from house-to-house and return visits to informal/business witnessing. “Breaks” aren’t what they used to be, in that, if we view them the right way, we can still be out in the ministry – and thus counting our time – during those times.

Just my interpretation of what the OD book says, though.  :D

That is exactly the way I think of it!!          I am out in the ministry, making myself available for witnessing, and this is time I have set aside as dedicated time to Jehovah. (but sometimes in the rurals, I will also make an RV by text or phone call if I have been waiting for a bit...it just makes me feel better)

....Those who seek Jehovah can understand EVERYTHING......Proverbs 28:5. (The possibilities are endless!)

When pioneers are given hour credits for attending pioneer school or work projects it is not counted in the field service report that is reported to the branch and that subsequently appears in the yearbook report,,,,

Pioneer Credits just allow the pioneer to stay in full time service whilst assigned to non preaching theocratic activities

I know pioneers can count time for working on projects. If its just cleaning the local hall then they could be reproved for it. They are steeling from Jehovah. 

"Reproved for it? "

Counseled likely, dropped from pioneer list? possibly to probably? reproved? I doubt it. 

When pioneers are given hour credits for attending pioneer school or work projects it is not counted in the field service report that is reported to the branch and that subsequently appears in the yearbook report,,,,

Pioneer Credits just allow the pioneer to stay in full time service whilst assigned to non preaching theocratic activities

Foxes53 has it right.

And the time listed for special work has to be approved by our organization or the elder in charge of a specific theocratic project

Since that time is not entered in the report anyway, it is more likely they would be asked to remove themselves from  pioneer service, if that failed they would just be removed. If for mental reason they still refuse stop the practice their time would not be added to the report.

We have a brother that routinely turned in 70 hrs a month and hundreds of magazines. He always worked alone, didn't check out any territory. The local brothers had to pick up stacks of magazines left in laundromats, in phone booths, on benches in public buildings and in waiting rooms. 

Was not deemed judicial, he was counseled, but not reproved.

'Reproved' is a judicial term among JWs.

(See Working With Mentally Unstable in topics.)

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

Sometimes it can become about 'hours ' and not about ministry

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

You are so right!

But to top it off, I was reading recently that when a pioneer puts in the application, they should consider the 70 hours per month to just be "the minimum" hours. 

Talk about pressure. Pressure to be balanced, to focus on the ministry, not the hours. It's not easy.

Edited by JudyO

....Those who seek Jehovah can understand EVERYTHING......Proverbs 28:5. (The possibilities are endless!)

You are so right!

But to top it off, I was reading recently that when a pioneer puts in the application, they should consider the 70 hours per month to just be "the minimum" hours. 

Talk about pressure. Pressure to be balanced, to focus on the ministry, not the hours. It's not easy.

This has always been the case.

Somehow it got overlooked.

Same with auxiliary pioneers, 50/30 hours is not a goal. By applying you are dedicating yourself to 50/30 hours, not that you would like to try and get 50/30 hours.

Last time I tried, I Failed for general health issues.

Should I put in another application? My health has gone down hill. Would I like to be included in the auxiliary pioneer group? Yes! Is it reasonable to say I will make the 50/30 hour minimum?

No,

I live with it .

Double entry Mods plese correct.

Edited by Old

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

You are so right!

This has always been the case.

Somehow it got overlooked.

Same with auxiliary pioneers, 50/30 hours is not a goal. By applying you are dedicating yourself to 50/30 hours, not that you would like to try and get 50/30 hours.

Last time I tried, I Failed for general health issues.

Should I put in another application? My health has gone down hill. Would I like to be included in the auxiliary pioneer group? Yes! Is it reasonable to say I will make the 50/30 hour minimum?

No,

I live with it .

Double entry Mods please correct.

Edited by Old

When I was a regular pioneer we were required to put in (report) at least 100 hours a month and to place 100 magazines a month. If you failed to do this, the Branch would most likely remove you as a pioneer.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~