JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Food Shows...

Well the good news is you have two series to catch up on! The next series had a big baked Alaska based controversy that came to be know as 'bin-gate' It was even bigger news than when Howard's custard was stolen. :D. (It's all high drama on UK television)

Edited by Peanuts

Perhaps they will have a crossover show with Britain's Got Talent and The Great British Baking Show and Lettice Rowbotham can be on it - that way the controversy can continue :eek:

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

Well the good news is you have two series to catch up on! The next series had a big baked Alaska based controversy that came to be know as 'bin-gate' It was even bigger news than when Howard's custard was stolen. :D. (It's all high drama on UK television)

We saw that one, it was the first one we saw, so when the one with Ruby aired, we thought it was the current one. It appears we saw season 5, then season 4 and now need to see season 6.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

• 7 months later...
On 12/2/2015 at 2:06 PM, Peanuts said:

If the final 3 were all girls, I think that must have been the series from 2 years ago (I'm a fan of the show :D ) my husband was very fond of watching Ruby! The girl who won that year made fantastic cakes. She has quit her day job now and does baking things all the time.

I have to make sure I have cake in the house before I watch the show, I always end up craving it whilst watching!

They recently aired The Great British Baking Show with Ruby and they are calling it Season 2. Now they are showing Season 3 and we are watching the second episode where they made biscotti, it looked delicious! 

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

10 hours ago, Tortuga said:

They recently aired The Great British Baking Show with Ruby and they are calling it Season 2. Now they are showing Season 3 and we are watching the second episode where they made biscotti, it looked delicious! 

The new series starts here early next month. I can't wait. The BBC is an awful organisation and I really resent that because of them we have to pay for a tv license each month, but Bake off and also the Great British Sewing Bee justify paying the fee :D

• 3 weeks later...
On Monday, July 11, 2016 at 4:00 AM, Peanuts said:

The new series starts here early next month. I can't wait. The BBC is an awful organisation and I really resent that because of them we have to pay for a tv license each month, but Bake off and also the Great British Sewing Bee justify paying the fee :D

We are watching Season 3 of the Great British Baking Show and tall Mat was just eliminated...

I just finished watching the finale for this season of Next Food Network Star - Tregaye Won ... too bad, guess I won't be watching that show (but then, look at the time I can use for other things)

We have tvoneondemand in our house rather than instant connection to channels - so we can put all our rocks in our buckets first then the sand comes next - and cooking shows are definitely some of my favourite sand.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

2 minutes ago, Qapla said:

I just finished watching the finale for this season of Next Food Network Star - Tregaye Won ... too bad, guess I won't be watching that show (but then, look at the time I can use for other things)

We haven't seen it yet...maybe that should have been a spoiler...

1 minute ago, Stormswift said:

We have tvoneondemand in our house rather than instant connection to channels - so we can put all our rocks in our buckets first then the sand comes next - and cooking shows are definitely some of my favourite sand.

We have a DVR so we can do the same thing...:raspberry:

Just now, Qapla said:

Spoiler Alert - Don't read post number 33 if you have not seen the finale of NFNS

Oh, that's better. Thanks.

4 hours ago, Tortuga said:

We are watching Season 3 of the Great British Baking Show and tall Mat was just eliminated...

The firefighter? That was last years one (so series 6 here) 

ive just read the start of series 7 is being delayed here due to the BBCs coverage of the Olympics. Oh the inhumanity!!

well i have see a few one thing 

i never see shows on chronic illness

like cook for people who are on dialysis  

i saw one today and was thinking it looked really good but  a 1/3rd of the

ingredients i cant have 

there all for healthy people what about us who are sick and need to be on 

special diet

Edited by bobby

• 3 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, Peanuts said:

Richard, the new series of bake off has finally started :D  off to an exciting start with people risking fresh fruit in cake batters and cardomen in their drizzle cake. 

Someone has just mentioned gin and tonic drizzle cake . This is the stuff of dreams!

I hope they show it over here soon.

• 1 month later...
On 24/08/2016 at 8:38 PM, Tortuga said:

I hope they show it over here soon.

BBC has lost the rights to the show now...its moving to another channel. Mel, Sue and Mary not going to the new channel as they feel it should stay at the BBC. This ended ended up being a big news story over here, people weren't happy. There's this weird obsession people get over the BBC! 

6 hours ago, Peanuts said:

BBC has lost the rights to the show now...its moving to another channel. Mel, Sue and Mary not going to the new channel as they feel it should stay at the BBC. This ended ended up being a big news story over here, people weren't happy. There's this weird obsession people get over the BBC! 

Wow, I've only seen three seasons of the show on PBS here, how many seasons are there?

Two fantastic food shows on Netflix: Chef's Table and Cooked. You learn and become inspired.53b7937100041b07eae88d25f1116e14.jpgf18fe43b3b158d8088fb6a6ad9e138ca.jpg

____
"Where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."—Matthew 6:21.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

• 9 months later...
On 7/11/2016 at 4:00 AM, Peanuts said:

They finally aired Season 7 over here and we just watched the finale.

...and the winner is (was).....

Spoiler

Candice Brown!

Whom we nicknamed "Lips"

Deena will be visiting me the first week of September.  I plan on taking her to eat at Pioneer Woman's The Merchantile in Pawhuska, OK.  I do not really care for her, but I love her recipes and style of cooking.  I worked with her father as a brand new nurse right out of school.  It's been a year and the lines to get in are still so long.  A several hour wait but there is always shopping! 

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

I have never met Ree so I have no personal opinion about her (I do not really care for her) but I will agree that her show can take some getting used to. That said, her cooking sure looks and sounds good.

• 5 years later...

We like watching Gordon Ramsay's MasterChef and MasterChef Junior. I'm surprised they don't have a MasterChef Senior..

I think a bunch of grandmother's competing with each other would be fun 🤣