JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Ashley's solar flare

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3092 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I don't know anything about solar flares but I do think if the Daily Mails headline were true and anyone in authority really feared the end of civilization as we know it, there would be a lot more going on than is at the moment. A good indication of how serious things are would be to see if all the world leaders and the top scientests from NASA and their families suddenly disappear for underground bunkers ...

Still Ill read up on the subject... should we stay indoors tomorrow?

Edited by sunshine

http://www.weather.com/science/space/news/nasa-solar-flare

An update from the weather channel stating that this was only an m class flare. "M-class flares are only 10 percent as strong as X-class flares, NASA said, but they still rank on the higher end of moderate flares." Also, "The moderate eruption is unlikely to cause space weather strong enough to affect Earth,...", and "The flare did, however, lead to interference with low-frequency radio communications in South America and over the Atlantic Ocean, and there's a possibility of additional flares in the coming days, the report added."

So, once again, Brigitte hits the nail smack dab on center.

(October 40?)

Edited by palmhat

Latest report from spaceweather.com:

SUBSIDING CHANCE OF STORMS: Earth is exiting a stream of solar wind that sparked beautiful auroras on Nov. 3rd and 4th. The odds of continued geomagnetic storming today is 55%, waning to 30% on Nov. 6th as the action of the solar wind stream subsides. 

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

INCOMING CME:  Sunspot AR2443 erupted yesterday, producing a CME that could deliver a glancing blow to Earth's magnetic field on Nov. 7th. G1-class geomagnetic storms and high-latitude auroras are possible when the CME arrives this weekend.  Visit http://spaceweather.com for more information. 

Coronal Mass Ejection could create some dancing auroras, after all. ^_^ 

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

I don't know anything about solar flares but I do think if the Daily Mails headline were true and anyone in authority really feared the end of civilization as we know it, there would be a lot more going on than is at the moment. A good indication of how serious things are would be to see if all the world leaders and the top scientests from NASA and their families suddenly disappear for underground bunkers ...

Still Ill read up on the subject... should we stay indoors tomorrow?

If I remember correctly, several people in here have dubbed the Daily Mail as a "rag". There probably isn't much truth to whatever the article says. At the most, you may have some problems with your satellite t.v. signal!

The material that I posted on a personal post earlier this day is simply saying that a large solar flare was heading to earth Friday and Saturday. I, for one, will never make a leap in saying that what Jehovah's created sun (or anything else He's made or human will do) will ever endanger all life on this planet.

I take Jehovah at his word from my daily bible reading that He WILL PROCTECT this Earth.

I get my daily updates from a YouTube posting only scientific measurable data that is publicly available. I hope not to cause any alarm. I wish to speak truth in what I relate (and can be verified objectively). Going outdoors shouldn't be a problem. 

The charged particles from sun can and does disrupt electronic devices on earth with out proper shielding. Shouldn't be an issue while enjoying weekend field service or weekend meetings. Lol :lol:

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

Somewhere , like 30 years ago, We were going home from a circuit assembly It was winter and a clear sky.

Traveling west on I96 in Michigan Jehovah gave us a spectacular Aurora. We saw it most of the way home, over 2 hours.

We just had to look out of our right side windows and watch the colors dance aross the sky.

I'll won't forget it. Thanks, Jah!