JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

When Jehovah Starts Placing His Hooks...

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3078 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

"I will turn you around and put hooks in your jaws and bring you out with all your army, horses and horsemen, all of them clothed in splendor, a vast assembly with large shields and bucklers, all of them wielding swords..." Ezekiel 38:4 

Will the attacks on Paris cause Canada's new Prime Minister to do an about face on his pledge to withdraw Canadian military forces from the fight against the Islamic State? :huh:  

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2015/11/14/us-france-shooting-canada-idUSKCN0T305W20151114?

Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said on Friday it was too soon to say whether the deadly attacks in Paris would prompt him to reconsider his pledge to withdraw Canada from airstrikes against Islamic State militants in the Middle East.

Trudeau, who spoke briefly to the media minutes before boarding a plane, said his government would focus on balancing security and freedom amid concern about possible future attacks.

Asked whether the gun and bomb attacks on civilians in Paris would cause him to reconsider his pledge, Trudeau said:

"It's too soon to jump to conclusions, but obviously governments have a responsibility to keep their citizens safe, while defending our rights and freedoms, and that balance is something the Canadian government, and indeed all governments around the world, will be focusing on."

Could this be the start of Jehovah placing his hooks in the nations' jaws? :huh: 

Edit: This thread should probably have been posted in Bible Research and Personal Study.

Edited by Friends just call me Ross

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

It is fine here so far.. Mostly news... With a biblical slant

Zeph 3:17 Jehovah your God is in the midst of you. As a mighty One, he will save. He will exult over you with rejoicing. He will become silent in his love. He will be joyful over you with happy cries....... Love it....a beautiful word picture.

When the Watchtower study article said "that we should not expect this world to deteriorate to the point that even unbelievers will acknowledge that the end is close"

Well in view of the article and world events we can certainly say that the nations are " forced" to do something against terrorism

How nations will handle that ? Perhaps they will unite together wiping the out and in order to fight ideology they will turn against religion itself ... (Of course Jehovah will put this in the hearts)

Has anyone seen Twitter posts yesterday about people saying ...Ban religion ! Ban Islam ! religion is evil ! Etc ...

Hooks are already being "polished" ready to use !

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

Wouldn't the idea of putting fishooks into the jaws mean that Jehovah will be dragging them to where they do not want to go?  Doesn't the hook imply it's not the nation's will?

Does a country reacting to a terrorist attack really look like a desired response and not Jehovah making a country do what they don't want to?

Does this hook dragging happen one nation at a time or all at once?

I was thinking the nations won't want to turn in a certain direction,

they will act because they have to, not because they want to.

A fish on a hook has to move in the direction the angler is dragging it,

it doesn't want to get reeled in and netted.

e.g. Canada's Prime Minister doesn't want to fight ISIS, but he may have to.

Guess that's why I posted the above as a question.  I don't have an answer...yet.

I need to do some deeper digging into Jehovah's word.  ^_^  

post-5984-0-18782400-1447553863.jpg

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

This morning I managed to get out in service, and while out a sister met a woman in the door to door work.  She and her partner were there for some time with her (standing at the door post with screen door wide opened), when they got back into the car, they told us about their experience.  The woman at the door, said that all of this killing is being done in the name of the terrorists god "Alla akabar"/god is great!  She told the sister's that she wants to see the world leaders bring down all religion that stinks of hypocrisy and wanton murder.   She said these people must be destroyed and the time is now.   Needless to say, she snatched the Watchtower on "How Does God View Wars" right out of the sister's hand.   "I really want to know who's side is god on?"  They have a rv in progress, and plan on calling back on this woman as soon as possible.   People are getting fed up and fear is growing (not the fainting out of fear) but general fear of losing their lives anywhere, even on their property.   My call were two people who came screaming out of their front door, screaming "you don't belong in this neighborhood! Get out now...."   Well, the RV for the sister, was in this neighborhood, and when we entered into the road, there were no signs up posting Private Property or No Trespassing.   The houses were pretty big, I called them box houses with no expression.  

Wouldn't the idea of putting fishooks into the jaws mean that Jehovah will be dragging them to where they do not want to go?  Doesn't the hook imply it's not the nation's will?

Does a country reacting to a terrorist attack really look like a desired response and not Jehovah making a country do what they don't want to?

Does this hook dragging happen one nation at a time or all at once?

Well, this is just a metaphor right? Ross is just saying the hooks are in the fish's mouth. Kinda like fishing for a flounder, the fish takes the hook into his mouth, but the fisherman doesn't set the hook right away, he lets it sit there, bait and all until the fish swallows it. THEN he sets it with a good swift pull. So Ross could certainly be right depending on what kind of fishing technique Jehovah is using.  :uhhuh:

Edited by Your Brother