JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Will You use the JW App to Underline?

Will You use the JW App to Underline?  

105 members have voted

1. 1. Will You use the JW App to highlight?

• Yes!
    • No, I will continue to use my current method
    • Both - I will use it AND my current method

3 hours ago, carlos said:

There are three features I would love to see in JW Library in Android, in order of importance:

- Being able to maximize the pics. Right now most of the pics are too small to notice the details.

- Being able to add notes.

- An Exit button to unload it from memory.

I just went to the "accessibility" settings on my tablet and turned on the zoom or magnifier and now I can tap on any illustration in JW Lib three times quick and it magnifies. It will magnify the exact part you tap on!

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

6 hours ago, shali said:

I just went to the "accessibility" settings on my tablet and turned on the zoom or magnifier and now I can tap on any illustration in JW Lib three times quick and it magnifies. It will magnify the exact part you tap on!

Thanks, Brigette! That is a good idea.

I like the way pictures are open in fullscreen in the ePub version. I guess something like that wouldn't be difficult to implement, it would only make the file a bit heavier.

On 3/9/2017 at 6:04 PM, shali said:

I just did this on my iPhone and my, did I look like I was spanking the phone - 3 large fingers on the teeny weeny phone. But it works! Only that it magnifies the entire page rather than the image. I miss tapping the image and it opens up full screen.

Patience....just (less than) a little while longer.....

I recently noticed (on my tablet at least) that the exact part of the illustration that I tap is the part this is magnified on my screen.  So if I want to see a particular facial expression in the illustration, then I tap (3 times quickly) the face I want to see and that is what you see magnified.  If I want to see a particular detail such as something in someone's hand or the time on the clock, then I tap the hand the object is in that I want to see or the clock and that is what I see magnified.

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

I think I will still continue to use Moon Reader Pro.  I like that you can change so many features like the font, style, background and a lot more.  I like the bookshelf and that I can organize all my downloads into folders.  There will always for me be a use for Moon Reader Pro since I need to have lots and lots of PDF's for congregational stuff like talks scheduling, letters to the elders, miscellaneous stuff, my own talks and meeting parts, owners manuals and of course all of the Magazines and books.  Someone mentioned on the forum that they wish the Library app had a dark screen, that's another great feature about Moon Reader is that you can set the blue light up or down or even reverse the colors and make the background dark as well as the content.  Its almost endless in customization.  

Disclaimer:  I did not get paid from Moon Reader Pro to make this post.  LOL but it sure sounds like it.  hahahaha

On 3/3/2017 at 8:28 PM, Myew said:

Protip - Transferring highlights on Android: I use an app like Helium or MyPhoneExplorer or ADB backup to backup and restore my highlights in JW Library. You still need to back up publications/media manually.
It's much easier to transfer data on an unlocked & rooted device with Titanium, but if you know how to root your device you don't need me to tell you that. Some ROMs like Cyanogen come with root built in.

Runs fine on Fire, many people use it since those tablets were only ~$25 shortly ago.

I'm trying Helium right now. With the free version, once I back up to the device, can I drag the file to my PC so that I can then reset my phone?

I'm pretty sure that's what I did for my tablet, but I can't remember exactly now. I think I may have had some trouble restoring backups from Helium after moving the backups off the device and wiping? Helium makes standard android backups that allows you to use ADB restore commands on them, if you have any issues you may have to resort to that. Minimal ADB PC drivers: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2317790 ADB Backup/Restore guide: https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-nexus/general/guide-phone-backup-unlock-root-t1420351

I really prefer MyPhoneExplorer now for non-rooted backups, it's free and clean of ads/bloat. It's meant to work with your PC and has a much better user interface. It allows you to make full or custom backups of anything and everything on your android device. https://www.fosshub.com/MyPhoneExplorer.html

Titanium and TWRP are still best if you have a custom recovery/rooted device, but that's a lot more complicated to set up. Granted you may want to consider that if you are resetting your phone anyway. :assimulated: