JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Merging with Russia and USA?

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3075 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I can't answer that question, but I think it's interesting that they are willing to work together. ISIS aren't a country or nation, but a organisation. It seems that the "whole world" is uniting against this threat. If so, could it be called a World War? WWIII? Other wars were country against country. This is the world against religious ideology.

Hopefully this leads to the destruction of Babylon the Great, and the cry of peace and security.

Article is about US/Russian cooperation in Syria.  You ask how it might fit into Daniel's prophecy.  For you to wonder about such means that you feel US/Russian cooperation should be reflected in that prophecy.  In another post you've mentioned the "merging" of the King of the North and King of the South.  

I'm simply pointing out that such cooperation does not need to be reflected in that prophecy.  Despite the pushing, the King of the North and King of the South have cooperated at times.  Further, we're not 100% sure the current King of the North is Russia.  If it is not, then any Russian/US cooperation does not matter in relation with the prophecy.

Article is about US/Russian cooperation in Syria.  You ask how it might fit into Daniel's prophecy.  For you to wonder about such means that you feel US/Russian cooperation should be reflected in that prophecy.  In another post you've mentioned the "merging" of the King of the North and King of the South.  

I'm simply pointing out that such cooperation does not need to be reflected in that prophecy.  Despite the pushing, the King of the North and King of the South have cooperated at times.  Further, we're not 100% sure the current King of the North is Russia.  If it is not, then any Russian/US cooperation does not matter in relation with the prophecy.

If Russia and USA can unite against one GROUP of people. then who is to say they can unite against us in the FUTURE? Of course we are not 100 percent sure about Russia as being part KOFTN. Yet, we are not 100 sure who is going against US in Daniel in 11: 44, 45 either. But it is not not wrong to think that both kings and others might be those in Daniel 11:44,45.

Here is another thought came into my mind a while ago and that is, it is perhaps that one day it is possible that the 3 giants will not like Gods people in the last days and that is Russia, India, and China. Since we cannot print literature there no more and friends has to be careful in India, then my idea has become accurate. 

Here is another thought came into my mind a while ago and that is, it is perhaps that one day it is possible that the 3 giants will not like Gods people in the last days and that is Russia, India, and China. Since we cannot print literature there no more and friends has to be careful in India, then my idea has become accurate.

Who said we CAN'T print literature in India? I know we stopped printing MAGAZINES, but that is not ALL literature. Also, I thought we stopped - NOT that we were FORCED to stop.

Is there a source for this? Any one in India can confirm that India forced us to stop printing? Or even that we stopped ALL printing there?

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

If Russia and USA can unite against one GROUP of people. then who is to say they can unite against us in the FUTURE? Of course we are not 100 percent sure about Russia as being part KOFTN. Yet, we are not 100 sure who is going against US in Daniel in 11: 44, 45 either. But it is not not wrong to think that both kings and others might be those in Daniel 11:44,45.

Russia is persecuting Jehovah's people headquartered in the US. The US & Russia are in military conflict in Syria with additional con flick elsewhere. Yet both are on the same front against a group based in Syria. Is this normal? We so want the persecution of our brothers to end. We long for the end of all injustice. In chapter 12 of Daniel's prophecy we read, “During that time Micha·el will stand up, the great prince who is standing in behalf of your people. And there will occur a time of distress such as has not occurred since there came to be a nation until that time. And during that time your people will escape, everyone who is found written down in the book."

As we pray for relief we wonder & hope that this unusual thing might lead to it. I think it healthy to wonder these things.

Edited by palmhat

Who said we CAN'T print literature in India? I know we stopped printing MAGAZINES, but that is not ALL literature. Also, I thought we stopped - NOT that we were FORCED to stop.

Is there a source for this? Any one in India can confirm that India forced us to stop printing? Or even that we stopped ALL printing there?

Topic:

Magazine printing stopped in India

Started by dilip kumar, Nov 16 2015 07:47 AM

Trottigy

What I'm seeing, things doesn't look good in India at all.

Topic:

I think you will find that the brothers had mag printing stop in India.

The govt stopped outside funds from coming in, thus local brothers had to increase donations. As posted by brother Dilip, who speaks Tamil.

Maybe donations was not enough, and so not to impose a higher burden on the local brothers, printing will be done out of country.

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

The govt stopped outside funds from coming in, thus local brothers had to increase donations. As posted by brother Dilip, who speaks Tamil.

Maybe donations was not enough, and so not to impose a higher burden on the local brothers, printing will be done out of country.

Also, they have to be careful of preaching there too.

I reread the entire thread to find a specific comment answering the question you posed. I stand corrected. As you state, the full extent of the stoppage has not been established.

Topic:

http://jwtalk.net/forums/topic/24021-magazine-printing-stopped-in-india/

I started here before I went on saw the update there. Thank you.

I understood just the magazines were stopping and it had to do with funds, but we'll see what the near future brings.

I know things have always been very sensitive in India. Remember this from 2008 (7 years ago!)?:

India

Over the past few years, Jehovah’s Witnesses in India have become victims of mob attacks when engaging in their public ministry. They have also endured verbal and physical abuse, threats of imprisonment, and the burning of their literature. Oftentimes, after being beaten our brothers are arrested and imprisoned and face criminal prosecution. Angry mobs influence local authorities to act against our brothers by falsely accusing them of violating local laws.

For example, in December 2008, three of Jehovah’s Witnesses (a mother, her daughter, and her ten-year-old granddaughter) in Kundapura, Karnataka, returned to visit a woman in Koni Village who had shown interest in learning about the Bible. Later, five or six men forcibly took the three Witnesses to the local police station. A mob gathered, and the police charged the sisters with trespassing, promoting enmity between classes, and insulting another religion. The Witnesses were eventually allowed to go home. Our brothers and sisters in such circumstances are being given legal assistance.

http://m.wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/302010009#h=52:0-54:591

Our thoughts and prayers go out to those in these difficult areas.   :pray:

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

BUT - this topic is called "Russia merging with the US" or I suppose visa versa? So, when did/ does that happen? Is there a news article about this?

I thought that the US was heading up the group that is putting sanctions on Russia for the whole Ukraine thing. Did all the sanctions get lifted suddenly?

EDIT: I looked at the article linked in the first post and the first paragraphs is a whole mess of "tentative", "possible" and "perhaps". I don't see anything of substance here. Did I miss something?

In a striking shift, President Barack Obama and Russian President Vladimir Putin are embarking on a tentative path toward closer ties and possible military cooperation, as the bitter rift over Ukraine gives way to common cause against the Islamic State group.

Speaking on the sidelines of a summit in the Philippines, Obama even raised the prospect of military coordination with Russia — a possibility that has seemed remote ever since the U.S. cut off military ties last year over Moscow's actions in Ukraine.

Edited by trottigy

Soon .....

BUT - this topic is called "Russia merging with the US" or I suppose visa versa? So, when did/ does that happen? Is there a news article about this?

I thought that the US was heading up the group that is putting sanctions on Russia for the whole Ukraine thing. Did all the sanctions get lifted suddenly?

EDIT: I looked at the article linked in the first post and the first paragraphs is a whole mess of "tentative", "possible" and "perhaps". I don't see anything of substance here. Did I miss something?

The soup is in the kettle. Or is it a stew?