JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Military Draft Possible for Women in 2016?

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3035 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I do not know how "trustworthy" this news site is, as I just discovered this cross-referencing a news article I found on CNN.

http://www.usnews.com/news/politics/articles/2015/12/04/white-house-says-it-is-reviewing-the-draft

Is there a possibility with women being allowed to go on the frontlines as of January 2016 that any woman age 18-26 could be required to register with the selective service?!

I live in a temporary reality- awaiting the day I wake up to life in the real world!

Well, that is what these women want. To be equal to men. If on the outside chance this happens, it will be on opportunity for our young sisters to stand up for Jehovah. As our young brothers have been doing for years.

Interesting. Wonder where they will go? Prisons are full, and no let up. A good 30,000 a year to feed and maintain them. Each one. This system is soooo broken.

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

Well, that is what these women want. To be equal to men. If on the outside chance this happens, it will be on opportunity for our young sisters to stand up for Jehovah. As our young brothers have been doing for years.

Interesting. Wonder where they will go? Prisons are full, and no let up. A good 30,000 a year to feed and maintain them. Each one. This system is soooo broken.

As it stands now, they will not go anywhere - the same as the men. From the above mentioned article, "There’s been no draft since 1973, but all men between 18 to 25 still must register for a potential draft."

So, all it means at this point, is that the women will have to register the same as the men have been doing.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

That's the part that worries me...One of my best friends is in her early twenties... Another website says that the age to join the army can go up to 42 so anyone is fair prey for the government... I just worry for the young sisters and what Satan would do to them...

I live in a temporary reality- awaiting the day I wake up to life in the real world!

I worry about my Sisters, too. But, an 18 year old boy is no more equipped to handle a jail sentence than a Sister would be .... so, I worry about them both.

I had to face the draft issue when I turned 18 - and that was when the draft was ACTIVE and drafted young men were being sent to Viet Nam. I can feel for those who have to register - male or female.

Edited by Qapla

I agree.. Being in Satan's world is dangerous for anyone, regardless of their age, gender or years in the faith. Especially when Satan is using so many as his puppets..

This makes me sick! There are more issues for women than men that are dangerous, such as they could get pregnant whereas men cannot. And like the articles state there are physical differences between men and women and that is they are not as strong physically in most cases. Please Jehovah help us.

All this may be true, but, at this point there is only registration, not jail or service, something the boys have had to do since 1973/1974

Yes this is so true brother John. That made me feel better. It's just such a scary system of things right now...and I have always hated the registration for young men basically babes at the age of 18-21. Sad. Hopefully Jehovah will solve this soon for all the innocent ones both men and women.