JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW.org - Witnesses Begin Highly Anticipated Sale of Brooklyn Properties

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3053 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Media Contact:

David A. Semonian, Office of Public Information, tel. +1 718 560 5000

My wife grew up with David Semonian, I've met him only once. He is very outgoing and if you ask a traveling brother or Bethelite if they know Dave, they usually say 'Oh yeah..."

He has been assisting Bro JR Brown for a long time.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Did anyone notice that at the end of the video, the JW.org logo has the dot after W and not in front of .org?

Wow, you're eagle eyed! Maybe because it's an older video, they might have changed the logo?

Edited by Peanuts

Media Contact:
David A. Semonian, Office of Public Information, tel. +1 718 560 5000

My wife grew up with David Semonian, I've met him only once. He is very outgoing and if you ask a traveling brother or Bethelite if they know Dave, they usually say 'Oh yeah..."

He has been assisting Bro JR Brown for a long time.

Oh, Brother Brown used to be our district overseer in Chicago in the early/mid 80s... one of the most dynamic speakers I've ever heard.  He gave a wedding talk for a Bethel couple in 1992 that I remember to this day.

It would sure be swell to have him do a part on the Broadcast some month...  :D

Oh, Brother Brown used to be our district overseer in Chicago in the early/mid 80s... one of the most dynamic speakers I've ever heard.  He gave a wedding talk for a Bethel couple in 1992 that I remember to this day.

It would sure be swell to have him do a part on the Broadcast some month...   :D

Based on the interview he had with Bro Herd, I wonder if Bro Brown would be able to do a Broadcast, he looked pretty frail...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Oh, NO!!!   :(

He must be ill... he's younger than Brother Herd.  A very cool, plain-talking, intense speaker.  Of all the overseers I've had in life, he's one of the most memorable.

He does an interview with Brother Herd (also a former DO in the Chicago area. He came after Brother Brown)?

Oh, NO!!!   :(

He must be ill... he's younger than Brother Herd.  A very cool, plain-talking, intense speaker.  Of all the overseers I've had in life, he's one of the most memorable.

He does an interview with Brother Herd (also a former DO in the Chicago area. He came after Brother Brown)?

It was in the first part on the Annual Meeting, about an hour from the beginning. 

http://tv.jw.org/#en/video/VODProgramsEvents/pub-jwbam_201510_1_VIDEO

Edited by Tortuga

Enough about the logo - my husband (who is usually right!) says this property will probably go for nearly a billion dollars and Trump no doubt has it earmarked!  Time will tell, normally I wouldn't like my husband to be right (yet again) but if it gets the organization a billion bucks - then I'll take the hit!

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

Okay, back to the logo...

Wow, you're eagle eyed! Maybe because it's an older video, they might have changed the logo?

That video dates back to March 25, 2014. It looks like that was before the change.

Okay, Brigette. Back to our regularly scheduled chatter...........

My sister just told me that a brother from Patterson (who also happens to be named Br. Patterson!) told them that the organization is almost a full year ahead of it's projected January 2017 date of moving to Warwick! Amazing what can be accomplished with Jehovah's help!

Edited by shali

My sister just told me that a brother from Patterson (who also happens to be named Br. Patterson!) told them that the organization is almost a full year ahead of it's projected January 2017 date of moving to Warwick! Amazing what can be accomplished with Jehovah's help!

Nice! It would be easy to read between the lines but I wont... :)

Enough about the logo - my husband (who is usually right!) says this property will probably go for nearly a billion dollars and Trump no doubt has it earmarked! Time will tell, normally I wouldn't like my husband to be right (yet again) but if it gets the organization a billion bucks - then I'll take the hit!

I read a secular article about the sale yesterday. The guy in the article said that it could go for about 1.2 billion for these 3 places. But as mention in our article, our brothers haven't set a fixed price but they will sell it to the highest bidder. And given the fact that this is once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, it could easily go couple hundred million more, who knows.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Edited by Andrejrulz

More on that has just been posted on jw.org

http://www.jw.org/en/news/releases/by-region/united-states/jw-headquarters-peak-construction/

Completion by September 2016 !

My sister must of misunderstood - the brother wasn't talking about the completion of the Warwick project all together but rather the residence buildings.  That only puts them 4 months ahead on the project.  That's still quite impressive!