JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Obama & The New Gun Laws?

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3143 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Obama Signing New Gun Laws  

11 members have voted

1. 1. If Obama Bypasses Congress & Signs In New Gun Restriction Laws, what do you think will happen?

• Do you think people will object? (Riots, protests,etc.)
    • Do you think the majority will be in favor of the new laws?

Since President Obama is not a king and can't "by-pass" congress by making laws - at best he can change definitions of things. This is all he CAN do:

Obama has met with a series of gun control advocates in recent weeks as his aides complete work on a potential order expected to expand background checks on gun sales by closing the so-called "gun show loophole."

In his executive action, Obama could alter the government's definition of who is "in the business" of selling guns, expanding it to include private dealers and others who can currently sell without completing a background check.

I can't imagine a huge outcry if private dealers (at gun shows) were required to perform the same background check as licensed dealers have to do.

Can we have a 4th option - like: "Obey the superior authorities- with little complaint"?

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

Please understand I am really neutral in regards to the US president(s). Now remember today's text before anyone jumps on me.

Easy examples of his Kingship, how many people cross the border unlawfully with out being sent back? Because he chooses not to enforce the laws of his country?

How much marijuana is sold in Colorado because he chooses not to enforce the laws of his country? 

Isn't his job to enforce ALL the laws?

I'm not complaining of course, I obey the superior authorities as Jehovah instructed. (I don't thing the poll pertained to JW's though) But I also see things for what they are. 

And so there is no confusion on my thoughts I also do not believe even for a second he is the first president to do such things. They ALL (politicians in general) act as they want, with some constraints, I think we ARE seeing they are becoming more blatant in what they do. But this is exactly what I expect in this portion of the time of the end. It is also why I believe the two primary candidates for the next president are so much like him, they are just opposite extremes of each other. 

Only ONE solution to the problem. And it won't be long in coming.

Edited by Your Brother

Please understand I am really neutral in regards to the US president(s). Now remember today's text before anyone jumps on me.

Easy examples of his Kingship, how many people cross the border unlawfully with out being sent back? Because he chooses not to enforce the laws of his country?

According to a trusted research firm (PewResearch) - it has only been since President Obama's tenure that illegal immigration has gone DOWN.

post-272-0-29609400-1450397558.png

http://www.pewhispanic.org/2015/11/19/chapter-1-migration-flows-between-the-u-s-and-mexico-have-slowed-and-turned-toward-mexico/#number-of-unauthorized-mexican-immigrants-declines

As for President Obama's executive order granting leniency for CERTAIN illegal immigrants - it has yet to actually happen. As to whether it constitutes "unlawful" the Supreme Court is yet to rule, but clearly congress does not think so - as no impeachment procedures were ever even started  :eek:

This could be an interesting separate topic.  :yes:

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

How much marijuana is sold in Colorado because he chooses not to enforce the laws of his country? 

Isn't his job to enforce ALL the laws?

Only ONE solution to the problem. And it won't be long in coming.

This seems like a "State's Rights" verses "Federal Rights" question that will surely go to the Supreme Court at some point - I am certain of it.

As you stated - I have no dog in that fight either - to me illegal is illegal.

The real solution is as you noted "The Kingdom of God" - where there will be no such things as petty international borders that label some people as legal and others as illegal. As members of that kingdom - I try not to see these borders today!!

And soon "no resident will say, 'I am sick!' " (Is 33:24) :bouncing: There will be NO NEED for "medication" of any type!!!   :yes:  

Edited by trottigy

Soon .....

The poeple who don't have guns anyway won't care either way;  those that do have guns will care.  As for me personally i don't hunt for food so i don't have a gun either.  If someone hurts and kills me well i can always get a resurrection but if i shoot and kill someone is that garanteed?

New gun laws being passed here in Europe in January as well. Very restrictive, I must say, the trend seems to be going to where at some point, children owning a toy pistol will be illegal while their big cousins are off waging wars in Third World countries.

As far as I know alarm-pistols will be treated like regular hot fire-arms are now, with the need for a license and fingerprinted safe, semi-automatic rifles will be banned, and this is the interesting part: decorative weapons are also to be banned. By definition, that can range from one of the dismantled and unserviceable AK47s you can buy for 80 $ on the internet to airsoft rifles. I know dozens of people that own such a rifle. I still have a pneumatic rifle at my mom's place to chase off magpies and hunt rats in the garden. A lot of civilians own a toy, decorative, pneumatic or airsoft gun in Europe. 

I think as this system progresses, the Beast will continue to disarm its citizens even to the point that having a heavy knife or machete at home will be forbidden. Riots? Sure, there will be little dwarf uprisings, but they will probably be dealt with. I don't think any major resistance will be able to establish itself.

I personally am not a big fan of these gun laws, since most wicked people don't care much for laws anyway and will continue to possess firearms. Besides that, the media keep coughing up statistics that are sketchy, when they talk about "annual firearm victims" that include numbers such as suicides, people killed by police, accidental discharge et cetera but also include those killed by illegal firearms (which, by logic, ought not to show up in that statistic). And I'm always very cautious when somebody wants to coerce me into an opinion by using spiked statistics. Here in Europe the total annual firearm deaths are a few thousand, which is ridiculously low. And yet, 40.000 people die in Germany alone each year due to resistant bacteria in hospitals. You'd think that the European Union would consider tackling that problem if it were actually interested in the safety of its citizens. 

In my opinion, these gun laws aren't about our safety at all. They are all about the safety of the ruling elites and the government entities as well as the status quo.

Edited by ChocoBro

Another option: Both of the above.

Of course people will protest.

As someone who grew up in Arizona in the 60's, where men still wore holsters and nobody cared, I have to object to gun owners being labeled morons, as much as I love that clip. I will not own a gun, and used to get into many arguments with family members who insisted I get one and learn how to shoot, so please do not think I am promoting gun ownership.

No matter how many gun laws are made, things are not going to change this side of Armageddon.  Criminals will ALWAYS have access to guns in this system (and if not a gun, then a knife or any other weapon they can lay their hands on). Law-abiding gun owners are not the problem.

Edited by Julsey

Live long and prosper. 🖖🏻