JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

How are you using highlighting colours in JWLibrary etc?

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3034 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I've yet to switch to JWLibrary for highlighting because I am likely to buy a new iPad in the spring and there appears to be no way of making backups. I am still using equipd with its 9 different highlighting / underlining options.

I use the first colour for answering a) questions, and colours 2 and 3 for answering b ) and c) questions.

Colour 4 I use for lists of things, like highlighting the 12 tribes in a passage of scripture.

Colour 5 I use to highlight something I need to personally work on or I want to bring extra attention to.

JWLibrary 'only' has four highlighting options.

How do you use the available colours?

Edited by ChrisTheConfused

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

I highlight the ideas that I consider important, not necessarily the answers to questions, even though I look for the answer as well.

The colors do not matter for me ... use them just for separating classes of ideas sometimes .

" Indeed, what do you have that you did not receive ? "

I highlight the ideas that I consider important, not necessarily the answers to questions, even though I look for the answer as well.

The colors do not matter for me ... use them just for separating classes of ideas sometimes .

I do much the same.

Hightlight and then look at the questions to see if I them covered.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

So I can live with only the four colours - I prefer minimalist anyway, so I'm really liking it.

Me too...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Personaly I dont like the jw library for prestudying my watchtower due to my losing my underlining one morning after the app updated. Besides it takes too long to go from the bible to my watchtower and back again at the meeting. The JW library is a great reference tool, but I dont find it fast enough to replace multiple publications at the same time.

It does not belong to man who is walking even to direct his step :- Jer10:23.

Not a day goes by wherein the truth of this scripture is not reaffirmed

I try to highlight the main points, not the answer. I was always taught not to read the answer directly from the paragraph, unless I was making a direct quote. For this reason one colour is enough for me. That is not to say I don't use more than one colour, I just avoid it, because for me, muliple colours are just a distraction. Guess I'm just weird.

It does not belong to man who is walking even to direct his step :- Jer10:23.

Not a day goes by wherein the truth of this scripture is not reaffirmed

I literally thought I would not use highlighting in jw library till I could also write notes through the app.

But I recently got iPad and found the notes the multitasking way was a good alternative when using app for highlighting

So I love jw app becouse it keeps my publications way more organized then iBooks

I use JW Library for almost everything now. I'm a bit OCD, so having multiple apps to study/reference sort of drives me a little crazy.  :wacko: At one point I was using MoonReader, EasyPDF, Squid (used to be Papyrus) and maybe another app or two, all in conjunction. I've decided to just stick mostly with the JW Library app for the time being.

I do have a separate physical notebook/scrapbook that I keep things in just for me if I want to study further, save, remember later, etc. A conglomeration of notes on material I actually use at the meeting is distracting to me, as well, even if they are my own notes. Simple highlighting is great, it lets me focus on the main points or the points I want to apply or share.