JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

IKEA mattress

Has anyone got an IKEA mattress? If yes, how is it?

Our mattress has a big dip in shape of my husband and it's causing him a lot of back pain. We keep flipping & rotating it, but it's not getting any better...So we need to get a new mattress. I'm drawn to the price of the IKEA ones and they seem to have good reviews online. Just don't want to do a false economy and get a cheap mattress that we then have to replace in a couple of years.

Thanks! :snoring:

Hmmmm shall I or shan't I??? *Considers .... Yeah why not!!! Then take your shell off at night!!!

My bed is a theocratic bed haha - made by two elders over 15 years ago - still going strong.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

We have a brand new memory foam mattress and bed in one of our spare rooms, I sleep there when my hubby snores (ssssh this isn't for public knowledge lol) That is really comfy too.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

We have a brand new memory foam mattress and bed in one of our spare rooms, I sleep there when my hubby snores (ssssh this isn't for public knowledge lol) That is really comfy too.

It seems that this is a common problem at, uh...someplace. .yea, someplace I just heard about, yea, I just heard that, someplace. ...

He's decided to sleep on the floor tonight, I feel we should have a row first to make it more authentic. :lol1:

Naw, can't do that, that changes the game. After a row, the male party is obliged to sleep on the couch, whereupon he can claim 'it dont bother me none, tis just like campin!' and then sleeps soundly under his blanket of superiority. ..

Do you need a new box spring too?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Since last Feb. I have slept on the floor about 90% of the time. Easier on my back & hips.

Sometimes I have a camping pad ( self inflating to about 2 inches thick ) under blanket on floor.

My wife also saws wood. So does her husband.

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

Well here's an idea ... instead of an ikea I'll GIVE you an idea. Since you are used to hard surfaces, and you saw wood ... see where this is going ... all you need are a few nails, some glue ... you've saved heaps of money! (I'd post you our spare bed, but yeah, the wrapping might get ripped).

An IKEA mattress is a wonderful idea. There's one for sale here, a 400.00 one with memory foam for 150. I just have to get the frame that it fits. The reviews and the general opinion is fantastic. I just have to decide if I want another big bed in my room. Since MH won't fix his snoring he moved to the other room and I downsized to a twin. I like it, it's small and I'm not a night mover, maybe only 2-3 times, so it's a good fit for me. AND we've both been discussing a new bed, we found dips in ours too- wonder where they came from?? Makes my hips hurt.

After all those words.......yes, I have bought an IKEA regular size futon bed mattress many years ago, its on the guest bed and everyone loves it. I would seriously get another one from them. For price, comfort and durability.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

Since last Feb. I have slept on the floor about 90% of the time. Easier on my back & hips.

Sometimes I have a camping pad ( self inflating to about 2 inches thick ) under blanket on floor.

My wife also saws wood. So does her husband.

I think I must be the only one married to a non-snorer! :) ....hang on does that mean I'm the one who snores....?

I actually ended up sleeping on the floor for big chunks of last night as my little boy is full of cold and teething, and I slept next to his cot as he kept waking up. It was surprisingly comfortable (apart from I was freezing) maybe The Japanese have the right idea!

Our mattress has a big dip in shape of my husband and it's causing him a lot of back pain. We keep flipping & rotating it, but it's not getting any better...So we need to get a new mattress. I'm drawn to the price of the IKEA ones and they seem to have good reviews online. Just don't want to do a false economy and get a cheap mattress that we then have to replace in a couple of years.

Thanks! :snoring:

We bought one several years ago. We bought into the mattress, slats and topper. You can replace the topper as needed while the mattress stays nice. We've been very happy with it.

Come join our service group singers......♫ Grant us boldness we witness....help us overcome our fear. ♫