JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Russia's national security strategy for 2016

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3036 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

"President Vladimir Putin has signed the country’s national security strategy for 2016 that names color revolutions and biological weapons as current threats to Russia, among others hazards."

1. “Color Revolutions” and corruption among key threats to Russia’s security

"Listed among threats to national security are “color revolutions” and their instigation, the undermining of traditional values, and corruption.

Who could be engaged in such activities? According to the document, “radical social groups which use nationalist and religious extremist ideologies, foreign and international NGOs, and also private citizens” who work to undermine Russia’s territorial integrity and destabilize political processes.The activities of foreign intelligence services, terrorist and extremist organizations, and criminal groups are also classified as threats."

https://www.rt.com/news/327608-russia-national-security-strategy/

I find it interesting that religious extremism is the number one thing Vladimir Putin will be focusing on in 2016. And we all know he thinks Jehovah's people are extremist. Russia has put us in the same catagory as ISIS!

Edited by Shawnster

Fixed boldface

Color Revolutions are considered hate crime scenarios I believe or at least in the U.S. What gets me so irritated with this kind of statement is that Putin is hating Jehovah's Witnesses. He is basically doing exactly what he says is a threat to his own national security...oh well, this world is messed up!

I'm definitely keeping my brothers and sisters in my prayers full time from now on in that area because it looks to be worsening soon.