JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Panettone bread

Boy you must have done something right!

We bought a new couch yesterday....:lol1:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Panettone (pronounced /ˌpænəˈtɔːnɛ/, Italian: [panetˈtoːne]) is a type of sweet bread loaf originally from Milan (in Milanese dialect of the Lombard language it is called paneton /paneˈtuŋ/), usually prepared and enjoyed for Christmas and New Year in Italy, southeastern France, Spain, Brazil, Venezuela, Peru, Malta, Albania, Germany and Switzerland, and is one of the symbols of the city of Milan. In recent years it has become a popular addition to the Christmas table in the United Kingdom, United States, Canada and Australia. In South America, especially in Peru, Argentina, Paraguay, Uruguay, Colombia, Bolivia, and Chile, and Mexico. Each country names the special bread differently. In some countries it is a tradition to eat it on 7 January each year.

Edited by Qapla

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

Panettone is to Italians as fruit cake is to the British. It's a traditional cake usually sold around the christmas time. I would describe it as a pound cake with candied fruit or raisins and in recent years you can find panettone with chocholate chips in it.  I've never though of using it for french toast. But not a bad idea.

2 hours ago, alba aurora said:

Panettone is to Italians as fruit cake is to the British. It's a traditional cake usually sold around the christmas time. I would describe it as a pound cake with candied fruit or raisins and in recent years you can find panettone with chocholate chips in it.  I've never though of using it for french toast. But not a bad idea.

She took a shortcut and used some Pecan Pie Filling from Trader Joe's for the topping. It's a caramel syrup with walnuts, she warmed it up and we had warm caramel and walnuts over the top of hot French toast chocolate chip Panettone bread...:loopy:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

I ran across a recipe for date paste. Simple to do pack the dates in a clean glass jar, cover with filtered water, let set in the fridge over night. Pour the whole thing into a processor, and whiz until the consistency you like. The longer you process, the smoother the finished product.

Going to spread this date paste on some refrigerator crescent rolls, Wish me luck.   LOL

On 1/19/2016 at 6:35 AM, Tortuga said:

She took a shortcut and used some Pecan Pie Filling from Trader Joe's for the topping. It's a caramel syrup with walnuts, she warmed it up and we had warm caramel and walnuts over the top of hot French toast chocolate chip Panettone bread...:loopy:

Learn something new everyday, I thought Trader Joe's Pecan Pie Filling was made with pecans. B)

Sounds delicious either way, walnuts or pecans. :loopy:

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

19 hours ago, Old said:

Learn something new everyday, I thought Trader Joe's Pecan Pie Filling was made with pecans. B)

Sounds delicious either way, walnuts or pecans. :loopy:

Oh nuts!

Well, they looked like walnuts. :D

I just discovered that Trader Joes offers a panettone french toast.  Hmm...I'll have to try it soon..:)

http://www.traderjoes.com/digin/post/panettone-french-toast